LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Gear Head's Silver 2000 TRD Build

Old 10-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #121
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Custom My buddy made a badass one for his old xj and I'm going to copy it for mine.
Got me interested... got any teaser pics?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #122
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
I thought I had one that I took of his jeep but I can't find them
Old 10-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #123
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I am disappoint
Old 10-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #124
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll see what I can do lol
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #125

Quote:
I'll see what I can do lol
Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #126
WEST KY YOTA'S
TacomaYeti is on a distinguished road

Name: Reed
TacomaYeti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks bud!

Finished mounting and wiring my rock lights together. Pretty happy with them for $40! Still need to secure the wires with zip ties and silicone and get my switch wired up.

I have 2 modules left over, any ideas on where to put them? I was thinking under the hood.

yeah under the hood would be sick!! lovin it man lovin it
Old 10-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaYeti View Post
yeah under the hood would be sick!! lovin it man lovin it
That's the plan but I started my new job today and will be training for the next 5 weeks on different shifts so I seriously doubt I'll have time to do much at all haha. Thanks man!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #128
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
Those projectors look good, it looks like Bumblebee's face How did you get that screw out? Did you have to rebake? I hate it when stuff like that happens.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by yf19 View Post
Those projectors look good, it looks like Bumblebee's face How did you get that screw out? Did you have to rebake? I hate it when stuff like that happens.
Ha thanks man! And yeah I threw them back in the oven. I figured if I am taking this much time to do it I might as well not cut corners.

Didn't feel like doing much this weekend so I have worked on the box at all. Going to my uncles tomorrow to watch the Walking Dead and he does a lot of fiberglass so I'm going to get him to check it out. I could easily finish it tomorrow but we will see. Got a lot of homework to do too...
Old 10-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Quote:
Here's the bumper I was talking about. I found the pic I took

Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #131

Not bad... Not bad, looks like the light protectors work well
Old 11-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #132

Picked up some alpine components the other day.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #133

Old 11-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #134
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Specs on the speakers/amp? My next set of speakers is going to have tweeters up front too, but in the triangular door panel next to the window. How did you wire the tweeters?
Do you have to run more wire from the amp, or do you just splice the wire that goes to your door speakers?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Nice! Specs on the speakers/amp? My next set of speakers is going to have tweeters up front too, but in the triangular door panel next to the window. How did you wire the tweeters?
Do you have to run more wire from the amp, or do you just splice the wire that goes to your door speakers?
Sorry it took so long to get back to ya! The speakers are Alpine components 80 watt rms 240 watt peak and my amp is a rockford 400 watt 4 channel. Yeah I wanted to do that but my mirror adjustment arms come through there. The tweeters are wired to the speakers with the crossover in between. As far as wiring them to the amp, you can do it a few different ways. The better way is to run all new wire from the amp to the speakers but I didn't want to take the time to do that since I don't have a ton of free time so I just ran wires from the amp up behind the radio and tapped into the factory speaker wires there.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #136

Well after taking my truck apart like a month ago, I finally got around to fiberglassing the bottom of the box. This is my very first time working with glass and I am pretty sure I used too much resin but I hope it still turns out good. I did the first layer with the woven cloth and the second with the randomly oriented fiber mat. Since I couldn't make a solid back piece for the box I had to get creative on how to seal it. As you can see in the pics I left a big piece of glass sticking up in the center. When I put the top on I will pull that piece over the top and finish glassing it.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #138

Pass some my way, I'm just as anxious as you are to see how it turns out!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #139

Well after letting it sit all night it was still wet. I threw a space heater in there for a few hours and nothing. I thought it might just be the temp but I'm pretty sure I didn't use nearly enough hardener so I threw it all away and am going to start over. Going to lay it all out and get my uncle to mix up my resin and hardener since he has a lot of experience with it. You live and you learn..
Old 11-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #140
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Best way to learn.

So long as you don't serious F anything up.