Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

BayAreaTaco's build thread aka "Taco Verde"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #201
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
Haha yeah I have dont have either of those with me haha. Left them all back home as I do not have the space for them, nor do I want to move them all over! (and I was just getting good at welding!)
Lol

You could always use a file
Old 06-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #202
Robby655 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air traffic controller
Name: Rob
Robby655's Tacoma Gallery
True that haha I'll pay a neighborhood kid to do it

When you think youre going to work up your LCA skids? Im interested to see how they turn out. Wonder why no one else besides BAMF makes em?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #203
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
True that haha I'll pay a neighborhood kid to do it

When you think youre going to work up your LCA skids? Im interested to see how they turn out. Wonder why no one else besides BAMF makes em?
Next few weeks. Not sure, I though others did but found they don't tonight. Possibly cause they don't see a need for them, though it seems like a good idea to protect the alignment bolts or whatever they're called.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #204
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
bayareataco's Tacoma Gallery
The lca skids are badass, those plus a full set of skids I wouldn't be afraid of driving my truck over a damn thing, it basically creates a full belly pan up front.

Thanks for the props nagorb.

And Robby665 you can do it man, I think you will be surprised how quickly the job will go.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:30 AM   #205
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco View Post
Got my retrofit kit from the TW group of www.theretrofitsource.com

my kit consisted of
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227
ballasts: morimoto 3five 35w
bulbs: H1 morimoto 3five 5000k
lhd projectors
shrouds: mini gatling gun
H4 relay harness

it was a pretty easy project, start to finish about 2 hours.

i followed this guide and the instructions found on TRS website.

basically you heat your oven up to 250, let it cool, stick the headlight in for 5 minutes, pull it out and pry the lens off.

the rest is pretty self explanitory, mount the projectors via their website instructions (some people say to jb weld them in place, our kit uses a lock ring and nut, i didn't see the jb weld as necessary) , put the lenses back on, route the harness and adjust your lights!

I didn't take any progress pics because I had limited sunlight! But I will update this post with the ballast and harness mounting.

I will also post better output pics when I get them level, aside from a bad ground that took me a while to find that has been the biggest PITA

I love your retrofit. So many people do the bhlm and I think it takes away from the retrofit and makes it look too modded. This is really clean.

Quote:
Freed up some weight in the rear, removed the undersized spare and accompanying brackets, rear bumper, and tow package. Than I relocated the license plate and made a quick bracket to mount one of the license plate lights so I'm legal.

Curious does anyone know the correct license plate light LED equivalent?

I should have done this a while ago, went for a test drive and it feels a lot lighter. Also now I am wanting to hack off my tailpipe since it hangs down so much.

before and after.
No bumper ftw. I ran it for a bit and loved the look. Lucky for me I have one now because I dented my tailgate when I didn't have it on.

Subbing and looks good man.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #206
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
I love your retrofit. So many people do the bhlm and I think it takes away from the retrofit and makes it look too modded. This is really clean.

No bumper ftw. I ran it for a bit and loved the look. Lucky for me I have one now because I dented my tailgate when I didn't have it on.

Subbing and looks good man.
Thanks! I didn't even know about the bhlm until after I did my retrofit, otherwise who knows what I would have done haha, but I agree it does look cleaner.

I derped the stock rear and put it back on it was bugging me with nothing back there and wayyy to bouncy with no weight in the rear at all!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #207
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
presto's Tacoma Gallery
subbed looking good bro!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by presto View Post
subbed looking good bro!
Thanks! I hit up a lot of Giants games maybe I'll see you in the city sometime.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #209
SeekingZero is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
SeekingZero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
luckily you only need a front bumper in California, rear is optional! thanks for the compliments.
Nice build. I love the green...amazing looking.

I'm looking to go almost the same direction as you on my silver Tacoma. I may have missed this but will you be getting a rear bumper? If so, I'm curious which one you go with. I just finished building my rear. It is very similar to BoxRockets' phase one rear. It may get even closer in similarity in the future.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingZero View Post
Nice build. I love the green...amazing looking.

I'm looking to go almost the same direction as you on my silver Tacoma. I may have missed this but will you be getting a rear bumper? If so, I'm curious which one you go with. I just finished building my rear. It is very similar to BoxRockets' phase one rear. It may get even closer in similarity in the future.

That looks great, it looks super beefy. I actually have a relentless DIY rear bumper on the way I plan to modify it slightly and add a swing out. I have some cool ideas for the back that I have not seem anywhere else
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #211

Quote:
That looks great, it looks super beefy. I actually have a relentless DIY rear bumper on the way I plan to modify it slightly and add a swing out. I have some cool ideas for the back that I have not seem anywhere else
Awesome! I can't wait to see it. Tire carrier is definitely in my future too.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #212

Quote:
Awesome! I can't wait to see it. Tire carrier is definitely in my future too.
What type of welder are you using? I have a little Lincoln weld pak 100 and I don't think it can handle anything as big as the steel on your bumper
Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #213

Quote:
What type of welder are you using? I have a little Lincoln weld pak 100 and I don't think it can handle anything as big as the steel on your bumper
I had a small Hobart, and no, these home welders can't penetrate 3/16" and up. The arms on mine are 1/4" and the square tubing is 3/16". They may say they can, but run a test bead and you'll see. I even tried the lowest wire speed and the highest setting...still no. You could bevel your edges, but that's a lot of work.

Luckily, I had a professional welder just down the road from me and I tacked everything up and took it down to him to complete. Definitely worth it...now I know I can trust it!

Anyway, I just installed it tonight. The full build is on my site. I'll probably add the quarter panel protection and tire carrier later on down the road. I needed to get it finished and on so I could go pick up my trailer tomorrow though.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #214

Its been a while Since I have updated so Ill do a bulk update with the most recent mods.

BAMF slider

Suspension!!!!

I went with a culmination of all the popular parts that I thought would work well together as a whole.

Front:
Icon extended travel coilovers
Camburg 1" uniball upper control arms
and some BAMF lca skids while I was there

Rear:
All Pro Expo leaf pack.
All Pro ubolt flip
timbren bump stops
All pro extended brake line.
Fox 2.0 series resi shocks (still in process of building bed cage)

heres a picture of the lift with 285's

next up I wanted to step up a tire size, I sold my 285's to a local member and got a set of 315/75 basically a 35/12.50 (almost)

threw a Maxout halon extinguisher inside for safety. I got it from poly performance

rear diff breather

hanging out with ffdawson
Old 07-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #215

Looking good man! You have been busy. Let us know how you like it all.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #216
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! I hit up a lot of Giants games maybe I'll see you in the city sometime.
Are they doing a little better finally?? Im a little more into the 49ers lol.

Dayum bro suspension is looking top notch. Cant wait to see the bed cage your makin. Was curious what the model # on those timbrens are because my timbrens mount to the frame not the leafs.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by presto View Post
Are they doing a little better finally?? Im a little more into the 49ers lol.

Dayum bro suspension is looking top notch. Cant wait to see the bed cage your makin. Was curious what the model # on those timbrens are because my timbrens mount to the frame not the leafs.
Yeah they are doing okay, tied for first.

Thanks man can't wait to really test out the suspension, I'm sure they are the same ones, I bought them through all pro so whichever ones they sell that's what they are. All I did was drill and tap some holes on the ubolt flip top plate to bolt the bumps to.

Bedcage should be really close by the end of the week,
My buddy is a bit of a tortuga when it comes to fab
Old 07-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #218
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Get your butt down to PC this weekend and we can play!

Truc is looking great BTW

Quote:
I had a small Hobart, and no, these home welders can't penetrate 3/16" and up. The arms on mine are 1/4" and the square tubing is 3/16". They may say they can, but run a test bead and you'll see. I even tried the lowest wire speed and the highest setting...still no. You could bevel your edges, but that's a lot of work.

Luckily, I had a professional welder just down the road from me and I tacked everything up and took it down to him to complete. Definitely worth it...now I know I can trust it!

Anyway, I just installed it tonight. The full build is on my site. I'll probably add the quarter panel protection and tire carrier later on down the road. I needed to get it finished and on so I could go pick up my trailer tomorrow though.

This is NOICE!!! Wanna build me one, purdy please
Old 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #219

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah they are doing okay, tied for first.

Thanks man can't wait to really test out the suspension, I'm sure they are the same ones, I bought them through all pro so whichever ones they sell that's what they are. All I did was drill and tap some holes on the ubolt flip top plate to bolt the bumps to.

Bedcage should be really close by the end of the week,
My buddy is a bit of a tortuga when it comes to fab
ah thanks for the info. I think after looking at the AP kit i can fab something up w/ the timbrens i have to mount on the u bolt flip.

Nice I'm sure it will be sweet! Lol slow and steady wins the race
Old 07-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Get your butt down to PC this weekend and we can play!

Truc is looking great BTW

This is NOICE!!! Wanna build me one, purdy please
thanks!! I will take you up on that asap, Wont be ready this weekend but before the summers over we will be hitting PC for sure.

Products Discussed in this Thread