BayAreaTaco's build thread aka "Taco Verde"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #101
2scars will become famous soon enough
Navy: AMH2
Name: Brandon
2scars's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo...

where do you go wheeling? How has the spacer lift been offroad and how has quickly does the M8000 payout line?

Just wondering.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #102
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco View Post
That's why I'm staying 1st gen! Almost bought one but after a test drive they are no where near as good to drive as a 1st gen.

Did you figure out a winch yet??
What's bad about them to drive? Never drove one, nor will I for a while until I have a buddy who has one (will probably happen when I move down to Cali for the Marines though)-- I know people will be eye fckin my black beauty in the parking lot

Yeah when I decide to buy one it'll be the WARN m8000, I'll sell the steel line (for whatever pennies I can get for it- I don't figure it's worth much) & I'm buying AmSteel synthetic line (100' of it) through a member on here who has one heck of a deal going on. 100 feet of 5/8 inch for $138 + $12 shipping.

If you're interested (maybe get some for later since it's about $100 cheaper ) then PM 'DDD' or check out this link: CLICK HERE
Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #103
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome, love the way that bumper and the light bar looks.. really clean man!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #104
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
bayareataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
What's bad about them to drive? Never drove one, nor will I for a while until I have a buddy who has one (will probably happen when I move down to Cali for the Marines though)-- I know people will be eye fckin my black beauty in the parking lot

Yeah when I decide to buy one it'll be the WARN m8000, I'll sell the steel line (for whatever pennies I can get for it- I don't figure it's worth much) & I'm buying AmSteel synthetic line (100' of it) through a member on here who has one heck of a deal going on. 100 feet of 5/8 inch for $138 + $12 shipping.

If you're interested (maybe get some for later since it's about $100 cheaper ) then PM 'DDD' or check out this link: CLICK HERE
It just felt like a little Honda civic or something, steering felt so assisted. It just didn't have that mechanical feel that our trucks have. I drove an automatic, that may have been part of it too. I will say that it was very fast and comfortable. I just couldn't give up my 5 speed.

That's a crazy deal I will pick some up for sure! Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #105
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelsisTaco View Post
looks awesome, love the way that bumper and the light bar looks.. really clean man!
Thank you sir!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scars View Post
where do you go wheeling? How has the spacer lift been offroad and how has quickly does the M8000 payout line?

Just wondering.
The spacer lift blows, makes all sorts of noises I don't like haha. But I guess it gets the job done

The warn pays out line very fast, it also has free spool so you can just pull it out basically as fast as you can pull.

I haven't done that much wheeling yet, waiting on my sliders, after I get those on ill make some trips. One of my best friends lives a few minutes from the con.

There's really nothing to close to where I live. cow mountain is fun but mainly fire roads, some buddies with private property too.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #107
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco;7356483[URL="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/nofh9jim/media/null_zps37942792.jpg.html"
[/URL]

went with a viking fairlead and factor 55 pro link to finish up the package.
Which Viking Fairlead did you go with? It looks like the 450 series...?
I've already decided on the Factory 55 ProLink & am just figuring out which Fairlead to go with my m8000
Old 10-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #108

Quote:
Which Viking Fairlead did you go with? It looks like the 450 series...?
I've already decided on the Factory 55 ProLink & am just figuring out which Fairlead to go with my m8000
The 250 series.

The 450 is non standard spacing and wouldn't fit the all pro bumper without drilling new holes.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...l#.Ul72NxG9KK0

I kinda wish I had gone with a different color Pro Link, I guess I like the stealth of the all black, everyone asks me what it is lol. I always say its a Nipple and they stop asking questions after that hahan
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #109

Quote:
The 250 series.

The 450 is non standard spacing and wouldn't fit the all pro bumper without drilling new holes.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...l#.Ul72NxG9KK0

I kinda wish I had gone with a different color Pro Link, I guess I like the stealth of the all black, everyone asks me what it is lol. I always say its a Nipple and they stop asking questions after that hahan
Phew, glad you said it was the 250 series ($70) and not the 450 series ($300 ) haha.

Hmm.. that's DEFINITELY something for me to consider since you can probably guess what color I was wanting to go with
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #110
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dude first of all i want to say what at bad ass truck u got. the bumper and the camper with the racks look SWEET!!!!!!! thats one thing i had to have when i ordered my canopy i told them i wanted the racks on the top no question asked. i tell u somethin to think about is a roof baskect to put on the top of the camper. looks fckin good. one question i got how do u have ur winch mounted behind the bumper or did u order it like that? i bouht a used ARB bumper which was in good shape and all but im goin to have to make some kind of bracket to hold the winch on. i didnt know how they designed urs for the winch to bolt to though. Thanks man.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #111
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Did you bother doing anything with the super fast blinking you get with the LED turn signals All-Pro provides?

Mine's starting to bug me...
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
Did you bother doing anything with the super fast blinking you get with the LED turn signals All-Pro provides?

Mine's starting to bug me...
no I haven't done anything yet, I just try and avoid using it haha.

But I do know what to do, just being lazy.

2 options, either wire in a load resistor to make it seem like a stock bulb, or replace the flasher in the fuse box with the correct one from this link
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...-1052--528376/
the replacement flasher eliminates the need for the 2 seperate resistors, both options will work. I'm gonna order one this week!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
Dude first of all i want to say what at bad ass truck u got. the bumper and the camper with the racks look SWEET!!!!!!! thats one thing i had to have when i ordered my canopy i told them i wanted the racks on the top no question asked. i tell u somethin to think about is a roof baskect to put on the top of the camper. looks fckin good. one question i got how do u have ur winch mounted behind the bumper or did u order it like that? i bouht a used ARB bumper which was in good shape and all but im goin to have to make some kind of bracket to hold the winch on. i didnt know how they designed urs for the winch to bolt to though. Thanks man.
thanks man! your truck is badass too!! If I had had a choice I would have gotten the racks on the shell from the get go but I bought my shell used. I agree I think the cargo baskets look badass on the shells, but I have to park in a parking garage for work and as my truck sits I have 3 inches clearance!!!
As for the winch, the bumper came from all pro with a winch mounting plate already on the bumper, from my understanding almost all winches have the same base plate design so they mostly mount to the same plates. You can buy a seperate winch mounting plate.. thats weird cuz my buddy has the ARB and his came with winch mounts, he has a warn m8000 and it mounted up no problem.

just google "winch mounting plate" should give you a simple solution you can weld on! thanks again for the kind words
Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #114

Quote:
Phew, glad you said it was the 250 series ($70) and not the 450 series ($300 ) haha.

Hmm.. that's DEFINITELY something for me to consider since you can probably guess what color I was wanting to go with
funny cuz I really liked the look of the 450 but was glad it didn't fit cuz of the price! the 250 series is a lot thicker than it looks online...

dude your truck is THE BLACK BEAUTY, you have no other option but black, plus we will be winch brothers, I'm okay with that.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #115

Dude, I just looked at your before/after picture on your first post in the build and all I gotta say is WOW. Excellent job bayarea!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #116

Quote:
funny cuz I really liked the look of the 450 but was glad it didn't fit cuz of the price! the 250 series is a lot thicker than it looks online...

dude your truck is THE BLACK BEAUTY, you have no other option but black, plus we will be winch brothers, I'm okay with that.
Yeah the 450 looks good ONLINE, but IMHO I think it'd stick out too much considering the 250 series is already a lot beefier than it looks online.

Thanks man! I'm about to pull the trigger once I order up my parents' Christmas presents
Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #117

Quote:
Dude, I just looked at your before/after picture on your first post in the build and all I gotta say is WOW. Excellent job bayarea!
Oh thanks man! Yeah it was completely bone stock, I built it a few hundred times in my head before I ever started working on it. Still a work in progress,

I'll let you in on a secret, very soon my truck will have 3 links in the front and 4 in the rear ill keep ya posted.

Edit: you'll be happy with the 250 it's really really nice.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #118

Quote:

I sold this badboy to fund the taco build.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #119

those seat covers look great btw Coug.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #120

Quote:

I sold this badboy to fund the taco build.
That thing is MEAN.

Quote:
Oh thanks man! Yeah it was completely bone stock, I built it a few hundred times in my head before I ever started working on it. Still a work in progress,

I'll let you in on a secret, very soon my truck will have 3 links in the front and 4 in the rear ill keep ya posted.

Edit: you'll be happy with the 250 it's really really nice.
I'm thinkin if I ever have to switch to another Taco (whether mine gets wrecked or just need a bigger ride *knock on wood*) I'm gonna go with a double cab in your color.

Ah damn I'm too tired to figure out what that could possibly mean haha I'll have to re-read it in the AM. Regardless I'm excited to see anything done to your truck!

Winch eskimo brothers soon

Quote:
those seat covers look great btw Coug.
Thanks man, I'm about to order my Dad a pair for his Christmas present (since I'll be in boot camp during Xmas) he sat in mine and has asked me like 3 or 4 questions about them, their colors, options, etc-- he's gonna LOVE them

Products Discussed in this Thread