Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

BayAreaTaco's build thread aka "Taco Verde"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
bayareataco's Tacoma Gallery
BayAreaTaco's build thread aka "Taco Verde"

2001 xtra cab 4wd 5spd manual sr5 v6

Most recent photo.
with 315/75/16 Km2's

With 285/75/16

Specs.
2001 TRD excab 4x4 5spd
3.4l v6
135,xxx miles

Engine/Drivetrain
fumoto oil drain valve
k&n cold air intake with dry charger pre filter.
All pro extended stainless steel brake lines front and rear
Rear diff breather mod routed to interior compartment
Clutch pedal return spring mod
URD short shifter
Optima yellowtop with blue seas aux fuse block and circuit breaker

Suspenson
Icon extended travel coilovers
Camburg upper control arms with 1" unibals
All pro expo leaf springs
All pro u-bolt flip kit
Timbren bumps tops
Fox 2.0 12" remote resi rear shocks

Wheels/tires
BFG KM2 315/75r16
Procomp wheels 7069
Most of the pictures in this thread are with the 285/75/16 km2's

Armor
ALL PRO APEX plate bumper
ALL PRO full skid plate set and t-case skid
B.A.M.F lower control arm skid plates
B.A.M.F standard rock sliders
Relentless DIY rear bumper (still waiting on shipping)

Recovery
WARN m8000-s winch with wireless remote
Viking hawse fairlead
Factor 55 pro link.
poison spyder tow strap

Lights
clear corner lenses from ebay
PIAA driving lights
21.5'' LED from china with daystar rocker switches
The retrofit source retrofit lights, mini d2s

Exterior
Camper shell
Thule roof rack system
diy satoshi with andres devil horns emblem

Random
Max out halon fire extinguisher
ultragauge
Custom pop out window locksredline hood shocks
led under hood light kit
Stuan tire deflators
trasharoo
SWAG offroad 50cal storage boxes

here she is all stock...

first up was a k&n intake, this was really easy and fun to install and made a huge difference over stock! sounds so much louder.

3/3 revtek lift, blocks in rear and spacers up front. replaced all 4 shocks, front lower ball joints and tie rods while i was in there.
i debated on the lift but i am glad i did it. this is not my ideal lift, in time i will replace with coilovers and leafs.

285/75 bfg muds and pro comp circle windows,

i used the turtle wax product to get the faded flares and mirrors black again.

got clear corners and new headlights from ebay, i could have cleaned up the original headlights but at $40 why not!
painted the grill as well!

I am currently waiting for the apex plate bumper to be back in stock from all pro, as soon as i get that it will go on. also on the list for near future are line-x bed and fender flares, and either some master craft or corbeau seats and a sweet sound system!

what do you guys think??? any suggestions?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Your going to get flack for the lift lol.

Whats the apex plate bumper look like?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
mars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shedmars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
mars's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great! I love the grille
Old 07-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet lookin truck ya got man!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Looks good. Your going to get flack for the lift lol.

Whats the apex plate bumper look like?
yeah i knew i would get shit for the lift, oh well! on a budget since i am doing so much at once on my truck, it looks great, and a pretty good deal if you paint it yourself i think.
https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504ta...x-front-bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Looking great! I love the grille
thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Jaymaal904 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamaal
Jaymaal904's Tacoma Gallery
Did you replace all 4 of your shocks with oem? Do you mind me asking how much that ran you? My shocks are all shot.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymaal904 View Post
Did you replace all 4 of your shocks with oem? Do you mind me asking how much that ran you? My shocks are all shot.
ill have to check my receipt, i bought everything at once so I dont remember exactly, they are pro comps and i believe about $40 each?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #8

ALL PRO apex plate bumper install!!!!

So I finally got the apex plate bumper from all pro!! the bumper just bare is $649 , plus a few hundred for the PIAA lights, I decided to paint it myself instead of the $200 for powder coat from all pro. after shipping and everything it was just barely over $1000.

Install was pretty easy, it says no modification at all on a 2001, yeah right, when I took the front end apart the support behind the bumper was smashed pretty flat on the passenger side, I was not aware of this damage so it was a bit of a surprise. anyways a few of the holes on the bumper did not align properly so I had to ream the wholes out so the bolts would line up. I guess it could be my truck but it could also be the bumper, it was only a few thousandths. Also had to chop off a small piece of frame horn thats in the instructions. PIAA were easy to install as well! No in progress pics sorry! it was late,

after paint, i used a generic automotive trim paint.

this thing is meaaaaan looking!!!

next up is a winch, led light bar, and some wheel spacers.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
rwpage is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Bobby
rwpage's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see it when you're done. Great looking truck!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Nice cj!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great! Why are you adding wheel spacers?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpage View Post
Can't wait to see it when you're done. Great looking truck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Subbed, nice truck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Nice cj!!!!
thanks guys,

its a 49 willys, its for sale!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Truck looks great! Why are you adding wheel spacers?
I guess I just like the look, since I dont have a sas and full width its the best Ican get, do you think I shouldnt?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck but get bilstein 5100s and eibach coils for the front lift and a better ride
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #16
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I think the stance is perfect. Do you have rubbing at full lock or when you stuff the tires?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
well thought out build. Looks sweet
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco View Post
I guess I just like the look, since I dont have a sas and full width its the best Ican get, do you think I shouldnt?
I wouldn't. I think the stance of your truck right now is perfect.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Nice truck but get bilstein 5100s and eibach coils for the front lift and a better ride
YESS, I already cant stand the spacers. Soon, very soon, I like to take a lot of time deciding what I want to do exactly before I do it. What would be good for the rear? I want to stay the same height.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I think the stance is perfect. Do you have rubbing at full lock or when you stuff the tires?
the front rubs if I back down my driveway to quickly and turn at the same time haha, so yes, I had to trim a little bit of the body off, guess I could go more.

Products Discussed in this Thread