LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

finally putting some money into my truck! official build thread

Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bayareataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I wouldn't. I think the stance of your truck right now is perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I think the stance is perfect. Do you have rubbing at full lock or when you stuff the tires?
well than, I wont do spacers! thanks for the input, saved me some $$$

I cant decide if I want a cargo basket or a rack system? what do you guy think?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do you mean for the bed? If so, I recommend one of these...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...bed-racks.html

He's not taking any new order currently, but I plan to get one of these from him.

who that is badass!! I was thinking a roof rack system, on top of the shell or the cab, not sure which direction to go. I really like the camper shell on it, but that rack rules.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #25

Quote:
I don't care for roof racks so much. Many people say they tend to be annoying when driving at highway speed.
I've heard the same, I guess the wind fairings don't help that much
Old 08-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Being a first gen, this doesn't help you much, but the oem set up is sweet, I can take my rack on and off in about 5 minutes. So normally its stays off, but when I need it I throw it on.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Being a first gen, this doesn't help you much, but the oem set up is sweet, I can take my rack on and off in about 5 minutes. So normally its stays off, but when I need it I throw it on.
soo, you're saying I should buy a new truck if I want a roof rack.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #28
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco View Post
soo, you're saying I should buy a new truck if I want a roof rack.
Haha, pretty much. Want mine? I've bring thinking first gen lately...
Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Haha, pretty much. Want mine? I've bring thinking first gen lately...
does it come with the remington?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #30
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
does it come with the remington?
You mean my benelli??? No way! That was a gift, I couldn't get rid of it.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is looking awesome bud, the only thing you should get rid of is the k &n cai, it really doesnt do anything for you
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #33
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Your truck is looking awesome bud, the only thing you should get rid of is the k &n cai, it really doesnt do anything for you
Agreed. Do the deckplate mod instead!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #34
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
that bumpers pretty nice! truck is looking good, but suspension, as you know, could use an overhaul..

..and I run a Thule track system on top of my cap and am very happy with it, noise is not that noticeable to me and I do not have a fairing. It is a very versatile and adjustable system, and you can take the cross bars off real easily if you don't want to run them full time
Old 08-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick View Post
Agreed. Do the deckplate mod instead!

thanks guys, howcome you say get rid of the cai? and what is the deckplate mod I'm pretty new to this forum. thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
that bumpers pretty nice! truck is looking good, but suspension, as you know, could use an overhaul..

..and I run a Thule track system on top of my cap and am very happy with it, noise is not that noticeable to me and I do not have a fairing. It is a very versatile and adjustable system, and you can take the cross bars off real easily if you don't want to run them full time

yeaah, I know, when I buy another car I plan to sas my truck so for now it doesnt bother me, to much. but I agree it is a pretty dumb way to lift your suspension. Do you pictures of your rack? All the websites for roof racks are confusing I cant ever seem to figure out what I need exactly. thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #37
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thanks guys, howcome you say get rid of the cai? and what is the deckplate mod I'm pretty new to this forum. thanks!
Deckplate mod is where you install a removable cap in your air box so when you are on street its normal airbox and when you're offroad you take it off and you get the loud noise you were talking about and the horsepower gains, I have a K&N CAI and it doesn't do anything for the truck, after talking to multiple people I get the same answer that it destroys your MAF sensor and eventually can hurt your engine because it lets to much crap through, if you decide to keep your CAI I will buy your stock box off of you because I want to go back to OEM air filter

Here is a pic of the deckplate mod

Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Deckplate mod is where you install a removable cap in your air box so when you are on street its normal airbox and when you're offroad you take it off and you get the loud noise you were talking about and the horsepower gains, I have a K&N CAI and it doesn't do anything for the truck, after talking to multiple people I get the same answer that it destroys your MAF sensor and eventually can hurt your engine because it lets to much crap through, if you decide to keep your CAI I will buy your stock box off of you because I want to go back to OEM air filter

Here is a pic of the deckplate mod

makes a lot of sense. The cai did make a difference before I lifted the truck, but once it was, all gains were lost except the noise. food for thought, thanks, ill hold onto the stock airbox for now.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #39

Quote:
makes a lot of sense. The cai did make a difference before I lifted the truck, but once it was, all gains were lost except the noise. food for thought, thanks, ill hold onto the stock airbox for now.
Damn errr I mean K&N gives you 50 horsepowas and 5 more mpgs! haha let me know if you part with it though
Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #40

Quote:
Damn errr I mean K&N gives you 50 horsepowas and 5 more mpgs! haha let me know if you part with it though
My buddy put on a Cai ill ask if he still has the stock air box and get back to you! How much would you pay for it?

Products Discussed in this Thread