Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TimmyB's super secret build and BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #21
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Saw that he was changing out his rear brake line for an extended one I think. I need to do that.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #22
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Pass the popcorn Monte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
next you open a 3rd beer and put the duct tape away.

just kidding

about the duct tape that is.

good job timmy.
3rd beer. Lol. I passed that point a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Where the pics at in this bish..
Patience my friend. Takes a while to get things uploaded and organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Saw that he was changing out his rear brake line for an extended one I think. I need to do that.
This is true.

Also got the 7100s on. That was "fun." Got plent o' down travel now! The icons were short by 1.5-2." Can't wait to take these things offroad! Need longer bumps first though. Finished as it was getting dark, so no pictures today.

Also, thanks to local TW member Chris / deadhed61 for the help today!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How hard was it?

What bumps you looking into?
Well, the first one took a hell of a longer than the second - but isn't that how it always is?

It's just kind of difficult to get the hourglass bushings on the shock mounts as they buldge in a little bit. After you get 'em half way on it's not that bad - just grab a longer bolt and it'll push 'em on. The other thing is - compressing them up to fit on both mounting locations required a bit of finesse.

Also should add - there was corroded rubber and shit on the pegs - giving 'em a quick handsand down made the bushings slide on a LOT easier. Wasn't that apparent initially, but it made a difference.

As for bumps, I haven't quite decided. Either something cheap like the ES / Daystar or weld some square stock on the stock bump with a plate at the end. Got the idea from a ttora thread a long time ago. I'll see if I can find it...
Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #25
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I've been looking into either AllPro or Wheeler's bumps, but I'd have to relocate the shock mounts to do a u-bolt flip first.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #26
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I've been looking into either AllPro or Wheeler's bumps, but I'd have to relocate the shock mounts to do a u-bolt flip first.
This is the general idea on how I'll probably do the bumps.

I've heard the wheelers one's are kind of worthless and compress into nothing. At least that's what folks were saying the LT thread recently. No first hand experience though

Does all pro sell something besides the timbrens? Those are fancy - but $$$. Honestly I don't huck my truck so I don't really care if it hits hard. I just want to make sure I don't over-compress on the trail.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #27
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of you heard about a no-weld lower shock mount for 1st gens? I heard today that there was one (in association with a u-bolt flip kit).

I don't understand how it could work but I am very interested!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #28

Interesting...

Yeah, Timbrens are the only ones from AllPro. But I figured I might as well go all out haha

Now that you've said that about the Wheeler's bumps I'll probably get the Timbrens down the road.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Have any of you heard about a no-weld lower shock mount for 1st gens? I heard today that there was one (in association with a u-bolt flip kit).

I don't understand how it could work but I am very interested!
I've seen ones that utilize the u-bolts I think, not sure where though...
Old 12-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #31
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
He needs the superbumps for all the beer he puts in the bed
Old 12-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #32
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Interesting...

Yeah, Timbrens are the only ones from AllPro. But I figured I might as well go all out haha

Now that you've said that about the Wheeler's bumps I'll probably get the Timbrens down the road.
Whoops it was the MT thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post7764717

Very interesting. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
He needs the superbumps for all the beer he puts in the bed
Why do you think I got expo's
Old 12-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #33
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
this build is
Old 12-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #34
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
this build is
I had to the urban dictionary this

Thanks
Old 12-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #35
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
7100s in stock location. Got the resi's oriented today so they're not hitting anything as well as did an oil/filter/air filter change + lube driveline.

I'm thinking about adding longer shackles too to add some travel - the question is either 1.5" longer or 2.5" longer. The shackles will be All Pro to match to leafs, since it's all just bolt on.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #37
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
1.5" longer is only .75" of lift.

I'd get 2" shackles for 1" lift from toytech
Will those work with the all-pro leafs? I thought there some issue - at least I know the AP shackles aren't supposed to work with other leafs without modification.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #39
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Will those work with the all-pro leafs? I thought there some issue - at least I know the AP shackles aren't supposed to work with other leafs without modification.

Those Toytec shackles worked for my Alcan leafs... I would think they'd work for allpro too. Are the Allpro springs the same width as stock? If they are then the Toytec setup should work.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #40
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get some longer shackles so I can flex better at the mall.

Products Discussed in this Thread