Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TimmyB's super secret build and BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #1942
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Once the trip is done!

Also, just about every trail we wanted to run had a closure so were continuing south

Also got my best tank ever... 22.5mpg!
Yeah, I've gotten 23mpg on my last roadtrip from Littleton to Ouray. Maybe it's a Colorado thing

On average, I only get 17 though.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #1943
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
odo must be broken.
That's why I used google maps mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Yeah, I've gotten 23mpg on my last roadtrip from Littleton to Ouray. Maybe it's a Colorado thing

On average, I only get 17 though.
Must be! Was from Longmont to ridgway I believe. Deadhed thinks we got a little better at just under 23. Either way it's by far the best tank I've ever gotten with 33's.

For mixed driving I've averaged about the same - 17.5 for my daily commute since getting 33's.

If it makes the rest of you feel better: the last tank was my worst ever at 14.7mpg. 95% wheeling and about 80% of that in low range.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #1944
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Sorry but it's totally possible. On one of my trips a couple years ago fully loaded for a 5 day expedition trip, I got a confirmed 21.5mpg on the 8 hr drive on the highway to where the offroad part of the trip began. In the right conditions is possible. Now go cry yourself to sleep that your truck won't do it.
You were able to go around the world in five days? Impressive!

Quote:
I know you didn't mean anything bad. The term "expo" is a misnomer and grossly overused these days, and used in the wrong way. 99.9% of the people out there that claim to have "expedition" rigs are nothing more than car campers, myself included.

When I take this truck around the world, then I'll consider it an "expedition" rig.

I just have a modestly built trail rig that happens to have a snorkel and a tent on it. Doesn't make it "expedition" worthy.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #1945
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know you didn't mean anything bad. The term "expo" is a misnomer and grossly overused these days, and used in the wrong way. 99.9% of the people out there that claim to have "expedition" rigs are nothing more than car campers, myself included.

When I take this truck around the world, then I'll consider it an "expedition" rig.

I just have a modestly built trail rig that happens to have a snorkel and a tent on it. Doesn't make it "expedition" worthy.
What is in a name. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Locations don't make the vehicle an expo rig, it's how it is used that defines it. Luckily the term expo is ildefined thus my treuck is expo when I put my tent in the back
Old 06-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #1947
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Also got my best tank ever... 22.5mpg!
"It is a truck, why would you care about keeping it light"

the fools
Old 06-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #1948
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You were able to go around the world in five days? Impressive!

LoL!
Old 06-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #1949
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I'm still hunting for this illusive mpg thing...gonna have to do some more exploring to find it..
Now that frank is back it's more illusive then ever.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #1950
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
you've been back for a few hours now, where are all the pics!! haha.

Great trip man! Thanks for all the fun times and wheelin. I had a blast!!

When's the next one!?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #1951
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I'm still hunting for this illusive mpg thing...gonna have to do some more exploring to find it..
More exploring is always a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
"It is a truck, why would you care about keeping it light"

the fools
Exactly!

Quote:
LoL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Now that frank is back it's more illusive then ever.
The fancy new gears should help... Maybe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
you've been back for a few hours now, where are all the pics!! haha.

Great trip man! Thanks for all the fun times and wheelin. I had a blast!!

When's the next one!?
LOL! I came back to chaos. Family and friends all working to get the (mostly) remodeled kitchen all set up for the wedding this coming weekend. And my computer is still fubar'd. Soon though

But yah man very awesome trip! Stoked that you were able to make it and there was no serious truck drama (besides damn broken rack!). Definitely would not have been the same with out ya

And now I can beat everyone in the pen at dominos

Seriously though!! Kind of really bummed I'm going to spend tomorrow in a cubicle instead of hitting a trail

Not all of us will get to spend the day chilling at the beach beer drinking
Old 06-30-2014, 05:30 AM   #1952
Independant Thinker

Quote:
Seriously though!! Kind of really bummed I'm going to spend tomorrow in a cubicle instead of hitting a trail
I just read this... sitting in my cubicle
Old 06-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #1953
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just read this... sitting in my cubicle
The struggle is real! I for see a lot of coffee in my future today

You're lucky at least that you have all those fun trails so close to you
Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #1954
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
More exploring is always a good idea

Exactly!

The fancy new gears should help... Maybe??

LOL! I came back to chaos. Family and friends all working to get the (mostly) remodeled kitchen all set up for the wedding this coming weekend. And my computer is still fubar'd. Soon though

But yah man very awesome trip! Stoked that you were able to make it and there was no serious truck drama (besides damn broken rack!). Definitely would not have been the same with out ya

And now I can beat everyone in the pen at dominos

Not all of us will get to spend the day chilling at the beach beer drinking
It's a hard life. Looks like it's around noon and time for that nitro chub!

Old 06-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #1955
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery

PS find some time in that busy schedule of yours to share yer photos. Dan said he'll probably upload his stuff tonight.

PSS have a new plan of attack for the rack. Remind me to run it by you next time I see ya
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #1956
Professional Web Wheeler

Welcome back!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #1957
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Welcome back!
Thanks Ben

Anything new going on?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #1958
Professional Web Wheeler

my trucks a bit broken but should be roadworthy in a week or so. tie rods shit the bed as it wont hold its alignment and already started to show on the new tires when i was in montana last week.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #1959
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that man. At least tre's are easy to replace.

Montana huh? How was that? One of these days I'm going to make it out that way. Any pics to share?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #1960

Quote:

PS find some time in that busy schedule of yours to share yer photos. Dan said he'll probably upload his stuff tonight.

PSS have a new plan of attack for the rack. Remind me to run it by you next time I see ya
I won't be around a computer for another week but I managed to put everything on a dvd for you before I left. Probably drop it off at you house house tomorow when I make a beer/ice run back to town. Do what you want with them, cause I'm drinking beer on the beach for another 5 days....

Products Discussed in this Thread