Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

95 taco's 2003 DC 4x4 build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my shocks today set at the middle setting, took me about 9 hours from start to finish.
front right before lift

front left before lift

Had to cut this off

Front left post lift, pre settle, i'll get more pics after i get an alignment and everything settles

Her new stance.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, bilstein 5100 ride height adjustable shock
Old 10-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #24
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Got new shoes on her today (BFG A/T KO's 265/75/16, load range E)
and i flexed it a little

Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #25
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig. So, did your tires make a big difference when wheeling? I bet your locker is more effective now.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Nice rig. So, did your tires make a big difference when wheeling? I bet your locker is more effective now.
Thanks, i haven't really been able to wheel much with the new tires, but the little bit of wheeling i did they helped immensely.

In those pictures i was only in 2wd but did have the locker engaged, absolutely no wheelspin, with my old dunlops i would've had wheelspin, and possibly had to engage 4wd.

They ride good onroad to, they do have a tendency to pick up pebbles from the roadway and throw them, but it's not a issue for me as they're tucked into the wheel wells.

EDIT: i just remembered that the tires were aired down to 20 PSI when i was playing around.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #27
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16's stuffed on stock rear suspension.

And the stock droop

Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, excited to see the build progress through the upcoming months
Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Mark, the only thing happening in the next few months is a bedliner, and maybe some seat covers.
My other money is going to some Duallys (from Ben) for my quad, and a browning BPS.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #30
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Thanks Mark, the only thing happening in the next few months is a bedliner, and maybe some seat covers.
My other money is going to some Duallys (from Ben) for my quad, and a browning BPS.
Awh rats. Well I'll have to check in during the spring of next year once I get out of boot camp
Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #31
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well i will be lifting my truck in the rear a little (don't like the little bit of "bro" i'm getting with my quad in the back) and i might be putting on new shocks, but other than that nothing, sliders should be ordered next spring though, depends on how busy school is and what job i can get.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #32
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
removed the front mud flaps the other day, gonna shorten them tomorrow if i have time, then back on they go.
Also have 2 55w halogen lights to put in the front bumper valance (just gotta stop being lazy and make a mount), and i've got the CB,COAX, and antenna, just gotta get a mount that converts COAX to what the firestick uses.

Also, BFG A/T KO's don't do to well on wet roads, at one of the stop lights on the way home from school i was a 1 tire fire, gotta remember to get some sand bags to throw in the bed for wet season.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #33

Lol, BFG A/T's don't do well in anything it seems. Mine instantly turned into NASCAR racing slicks when it came to mud
Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #34
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't helping any, I was driving like it was dry.

I drove to the DFG office the other day when it was really raining, but I was driving for the conditions.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #35

Did you end up lifting the rear a bit more?

Bro stance = no bueño
Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #36
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet, haven't really had time with school, I need to get ahold of Doug to see how much he wants for just the springs and I do the work, just so I don't have to the junk yard.

I think I'm gonna go for 2" of lift in the back, and get additional lift later with shackles (gonna need the height when I get CO's)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #37

I vote 5100s w/ eibach coil overs & OME AAL in the rear... buuuut thats just me
Old 12-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #38
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
If i went with just springs in the front i'd do either eibachs, or 883's.
But i want the adjustability of CO's
Old 12-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #39
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^You can always do the Toytec coilover option like i did. I did the bilsteins first, then bought springs and collars later on...
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #40
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to go with a 2.5 when i get a CO, but if i need to get new coils i'll get eibachs (so i don't need to get new shocks)

Products Discussed in this Thread