Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

BMW guy needed a truck...Fast build

Old 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
RyanC is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
BMW guy needed a truck...Fast build

Ive been a member on here for sometime now and finally have the time to set up a build thread.

Background on me: I am a 21 soon to be 22 years old who has been a BMW guy since day one. All the cars I have owned have been purchased, maintained, and modified from my pocket. After graduating high school I went to work for BMW Northwest in Fife Wash. as a part of the marketing department. During that same year I started my own business- www.customcarbooks.com

In June 2012 I tore my ACL, MCL and broke the head of my femur wakeboarding. After having to have emergency surgery I was released from the company and had to come up with something to do. I decided to take my some of my savings and go back to school to finish my degree. I chose to go to Central Washington University because it was close enough to home that I could still run my business and after working hard I have completed one course shy of three years of college in one year.

Here is where needing a truck fast comes in. School started September20th, I couldn't walk until august 30th of last year. With CWU being in Ellensburg Wash. I needed a truck that could handle, snow, heat, sitting outside, would always start, and be something that I could have some fun out in the wilderness with.

Originally I started looking for 4runners but after no luck in the money range I was looking to spend I stumbled across the Taco that I have now.

Here it is the day I bought it

2.7L, 5 speed, buckets, revtek 3'', 33x12.50,15's, crappy tool box, 217,000 miles 2 owner truck. I payed $2500 after taxes.
Its not perfect but its what I was after- 4 banger, 5 speed, and 4x4.

After having the truck for a couple days I started changing and fixing things. First thing I did was pick up a canopy for $150!!!

Then I changed the headlights and took it offroad!

After a while of not spending money on the truck I decided that I would do Hella500FF's, plasti-dip the chrome, rhino-line the interior, and add some sliders.

Just yesterday I ordered 5100's and springs, replaced u-joints, greased everything, and filled it with gas. currently the truck is sitting at 228k and I love it. Its a big change for me though!

Here is my other car because I know there are some Bimmerforums guys on here.. 2000 e39 540i Dinan car (throttle body, stage 3 tune, intake, straight pipe to Dinan exhaust, and M tech suspension.)

C&C&Q's welcome.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! And good looking BMW and truck
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good man. Kinda jealous.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I'm hoping once the 5100's are on it will be a whole new truck. Thinking KM2's for my next tire as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
your truck looks good, nice bmw too
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Adding a few more random pics.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the 5100's last night. Having it aligned today.

When I left to take it to the alignment shop today I noticed that there was something going on with my driveline.. Just a week or two ago I replaced the two u-joints at each end. now it seems like the second u-joint (seen it called "driveshaft CV") that is at the front of the driveshaft has gone bad. its got play in it and makes noise under acceleration.

Now I need to find the part for that and replace/get it replaced..
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
same taco bro! love it, soo sweet.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Took the driveline to a driveline shop they got it all fixed up, I put back on the truck and its back in action. While the truck was sitting I got messing with everything and noticed that my hella's are no longer working.. here is the thread I posted in lighting that no one has seemed to have any help for me, maybe someone here will. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...r-working.html
Old 10-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Sub