1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spacecraft Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Nwrider, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Aug 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Nwrider

Nwrider [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    white lifted 3.4 xcab
    deck plate, sway bar delete, aisin hubs, bilstein 5100s with eibachs, chevy 63s with triangulated 14in bilstein 5125s, 6in tg shackles, ubolt flip, wahoofab sliders, h4 conversion w/6k hids, kick comp pushed by kicker 500 watt amp, midland cb w/ 5 foot firestik, lots more to come
    this build has just started so bare with me as it will go slow and i am sorry but i do not take a bunch of pictures but i will try to improve that to make the build thread better

anyways on with it i had a standard cab for about a year
    [​IMG]
    good truck got me on the site and stoked on having a tacoma but decided to sell it after a couple trips to the dunes/mountains and 4x4 taking a dump on me. wanted something with more room for when i go camping or have to take people.
    i got lucky got this on craigslist for a good deal so figured it would be a good base to start on.
    [​IMG]
    it had 33x12.50x15 cooper discoveries on it with a 2inch body lift

first thing i did was looked into how i wanted to do a suspension lift. I'm eventually going to go with the bilstiens and eibachs but for now just to get started i got some coil spacer and rebuild my leafs with chevy 63 so i could get the hoaky body lift off. got the 63 from a new found buddy with a nice taco, good guy to bounce ideas off of.
    [​IMG]
    his truck looking pretty clean! funny how i met him, sold him the wheels and tires off my old taco as you can see now i talk with him daily about whats next for the spacecraft build

[​IMG]
    this is with the body lift and spacers installed so at about 5 inch of lift, makes those 33 look so small

[​IMG]
    lucky for me my neighbor has a shop at his house with a band saw made cutting springs a little cleaner then using cut off wheel because i used the longest ones out the the 63 so they needed to be trimmed down a little wanna sway it was around 11inches on both sides

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=229704&stc=1&d=1377099082
    took the body lift off to find out it was home made..... probably why i got loud thumps in the cab every time i made a turn from cab shifting

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=229705&stc=1&d=1377099278
    got a new bed because of old one being smashed on driver side

now i am just waiting on a part for my rack and pinion because after taking body lift off i need a shorter mount so that should be in today hopefully get truck out on some dirt roads tonight

IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2660.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Aug 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Nwrider

Nwrider [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    white lifted 3.4 xcab
    deck plate, sway bar delete, aisin hubs, bilstein 5100s with eibachs, chevy 63s with triangulated 14in bilstein 5125s, 6in tg shackles, ubolt flip, wahoofab sliders, h4 conversion w/6k hids, kick comp pushed by kicker 500 watt amp, midland cb w/ 5 foot firestik, lots more to come
    i got the part and it ended up being the wrong part so i just cut 2 inches out of the middle of my mount and welded it. also ordered some bilstein 5100 with eibach 620lbs coils off toytec lifts today hopefully get them and have them installed with pics by the end of the week

Products Discussed in

To Top