Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Terror's college budget, historic build

Old 09-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Terror's college budget, historic build

Well I decided I would go ahead and make a build thread for my truck, its been a long ways from what she started as.

A short intro: My truck and I go back, way back. We were both born in the month of may and I am only a year older than her. It was love at first sight too.
My grandpa bought her brand new in the year of '96, but I was too young to remember that. Around the age of 3 or 4 is the earliest I can remember, and I just loved that Yota so much I wanted one just like my grandpa's. So he ended up buying me a black "little tikes" pickup that I thought was so cool cause I know had a black truck just like his.
Fast forward to later on in elementary school and middle school, I was growing up in the back seat of the Tacoma. During the summers back then, I stayed a few houses down at my grandparents while my parents were still at work. So I got to ride in the rear jumpseat to go to town almost every day while my grandparents went to Walmart, lunch, or wherever. I got to sit up front when just me and Grandpa would go to Lowes at least once a week!

So I literally grew up in my truck, I remember how as I got older that backseat got more and more cramped. But I still loved the truck! At 14, me and my dad started looking for my first car, I was set on getting a K5 Blazer or a Ford Bronco. But I was still young and the ones we looked at were not in good condition. Little did I know, my grandpa had something else planned for me! He let my parents know before me, and then told me it was gonna be mine to drive when I turned 16!
He handed me the keys a little before turning 15 though, so I got her early!!

So me and her go wayyy back. And I love this damn truck because it has so many memories.

Wheels and Tires:
Falken Rockey Mountain A/T 31"
15x7 American Racing Baja rims

Suspenison:
Bilstein 5100 height adjustable shocks
Wheelers Offroad 5 leaf pack

Lights:
Clear corners, clear turn signals, sealed-beam to H4 conversion headlights, Spyder LED tail lights, Super Bright LEDs in everything but the turn signals

To do list:
Regear to something better than these current shitty 3.91s
Bigger tires
Window tint
Exhaust relocation
Added height in the rear
etc.

To the build!
How she looks today:

She started out looking like this when I first got her a few years ago at a young 75,000 miles:

Stayed like that for a while, my first "mod" was replacing the drivers side mirror while it was still under grandpa's ownership. I was young and couldn't drive for shit at 14, so I ripped it off on a tree backing out of my driveway.

She remained relatively mod-less while I was still learning how to drive her sophomore year. About the most expensive thing was a dashmat. Then for my 16th birthday (or was it 15th ) my dad bought me the rims I wanted!!
Some American Racing Baja rims:

I loved it, those old steel rims were just ugly, but now my truck looked amazing.

Button fell off me stock radio, glued it on with super glue but that wasn't a good idea. So I bought a new one:

Then it came time to ask for something for Christmas...that's right, flowmaster 50 series single in dual out:

Started it up at the muffler shop when they got done and jizzed everywhere My truck sounded amazing...

Offroad time in the back yard

How to park like a boss at highschool:

Introduced to dads new 2012 Ram:

Clear corners and signal lights:

New headlights:

Sealed beams vs. new ebay H4s:

Non slip pad for pocket below radio:
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Testing out the springs cause daddy's new truck apparently aint to be used like a truck (No bedliner and it is basically only used as a passanger car):

Not enough mulch the first time, guess its time to test the stock springs a little more

Got a camper shell and then some 31's:

Stock flex!

Sick of that dim green instrument lighting:

(My grandpa must have spilled some hot ass coffee on the plastic, doesn't look that bad in person though)
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
I know there's more than that.. keep it coming.
Damn you got here fast!
and I am working one it man. Just posted what I have so far so something bad doesn't happen and I lose all my progress.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
Swank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
Swank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Damn you got here fast!
and I am working one it man. Just posted what I have so far so something bad doesn't happen and I lose all my progress.
I was.. browsing
Old 09-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
I was.. browsing
right...
Old 09-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
got 5VZFE?

Presents!
Bilstein 5100s set to 2.5
Wheelers 5-leaf pack

Woot woot!

After the shop put my lift on:

Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
got 5VZFE?

I decided to find out what she looked like without the steps:

Later on in the year, someone coated the streets in the whiteish stuff:

To be continued tomorrow...
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
got 5VZFE?

I was in best buy and got to impatient when I walked by the car audio section, and paid the price as the speakers I bought were 1/4 too small so the holes didn't line up.

So I had to modify the supplied adapter bracket:

Speaker in:

And the grill back on, I had to dremel the inside of the grill down to fit the dome tweeters behind it. Really wish I would have just ordered speakers from Crutchfield that fit.

I also was eyeing up a powered bass unit by kicker, it was just so expensive. Then one day while I was in there, they were on sale for a lot less (can't remember how much) so I had to buy one.

Straps are run behind the jump seat because I am particularly anal about drilling into any part of my truck.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
got 5VZFE?

I participated in a group buy for some Wet Okoles becuase I wanted to keep my seats in nice condition. An added plus is that they make the seats more cushy:

1.5 hours later:

Comparison:

Finished product:

Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good man
Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
got 5VZFE?

Took off the "old man shell" as everyone at school called it, they had been telling me the entire year to do it. So this was my first chance to see it lifted on 31s without a camper shell. But I took it off for a reason

Clean:

Oh and that reason I was talking about...this is it:

Line-X
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
got 5VZFE?

Added horsepower, the Argh! sticker came off soon because it was crooked and it looked cluttered.

The summer was winding down and I was about to go to college. I was bored and needed a new mod. So I did my lighted glovebox mod using an LED strip, push switch from radio shack, and wired it into the power from the cigarette lighter:

Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #14
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Lookin good man
Haha thanks, its nothing compared to yours though.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #15
taco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
taco 2011's Tacoma Gallery
Plans to ever put the shell back on or are you done with the shell?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco 2011 View Post
Plans to ever put the shell back on or are you done with the shell?
I am not sure to be honest.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Haha thanks, its nothing compared to yours though.
You'll get there man
Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #18
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
got 5VZFE?

Thanks man
Old 09-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #20
got 5VZFE?

Missed it by 7 miles, in reality it is a little more because I have bigger tires.