Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pyros Taco Build

Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
Pyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant future

Name: Jon
Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Pyros Mid-Travel Trail Rig

Heres Pyro's red taco build. I havent done much in the last few years to my truck, but the last few weeks, Ive been modding the crap outta my taco. At least with what I can afford. Trying to do things to it every day or so. Afterall.... your never REALLY done modding and doing work to your truck right?

LIST OF MODS:
Mid Travel Icon Coilovers, Camburg UCA w/uniball
Flowmaster Single in Dual out and dumped (super loud)
Big Foot All Terrains
KNN Intake Filter
Hella 500s
Aftermarket Grill
Procomp 9000 rear
Pioneer DEH-X4600BT
CB Radio - Uniden PRO 520XL (With PA System )
4' Fiberglass CB antenna
Custom sheet metal protection inside rear fenders for snow chains
1000 watt amp with 12" sub

WISH LIST:
Front Hybrid (with winch) or Baja Bumper
Rear Tube Bumper
HID conversion kit for hella 500s & stock lights.
New wheels.
New tint.

This is how she stands now... Normally I am against chrome on trucks, but I think it looks decent on my taco. Might black it all out later.

Heres what she used to look like. This is what she looked like all stock.

Icon Coilovers and Camburg arms (Mid Travel kit)

Procomp 9000's. To be honest, the rebound is way to poppy for me. I wanna change this pretty soon.

Big Foot tires (new tread) I used to have BFG All terrains, but couldnt afford them brand new this time. However, I found out these tires are pretty dope. Also, pray painted the wheels. They hold up pretty good

Grill and lights

Gotta rep all of the downhill mountain bikers. BRAAAPPPP!!!

This thread is super new. So as i find old pictures, and start to add more stuff Ill add them on here. I know I have some good photos around somewhere.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Pyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant future

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Had to make a custom insert for my rear fender. When I was running chains, it was tearing everything up. I havent tried it like this, but seems logical that itll work nicely.

Got a few extra Gas cans for some long trips. Hopefully will do something the next upcoming months so I can use them

Cracked my touchscreen radio... It worked great for a few years, but the touch screen stopped working... after a desperate act... I cracked it. I will probably buy a new radio later on today and install that.

A LOT going on right now with the truck...
Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #3

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Box Rocket Fab has some sick racks for the bed. Since hes all booked up, Imma try to make one myself in the next few weeks.

Prolly make a tire carrier too.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. Wish I could help you out with a rack.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post

Cracked my touchscreen radio... It worked great for a few years, but the touch screen stopped working... after a desperate act... I cracked it. I will probably buy a new radio later on today and install that.

A LOT going on right now with the truck...
Smooth, almost like keith stone lol
Old 10-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #6

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Yea man, I am really digging the racks you make. Just learned how to weld yesterday so going to buy raw materials soon. Figured it's better to make a rack on my first dab project then a baja bumper lol
Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #7

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Smooth, almost like keith stone lol
Aw man it was a tragedy... My touch screen only worked for a few years then slowly stopped working. I got pissed and hit it one day. Now the whole screen is jacked. The screen doesn't work at all, and after I disconnected the battery, now it's stuck in the installation mode lol. No music or anything and it's horrible!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aw man it was a tragedy... My touch screen only worked for a few years then slowly stopped working. I got pissed and hit it one day. Now the whole screen is jacked. The screen doesn't work at all, and after I disconnected the battery, now it's stuck in the installation mode lol. No music or anything and it's horrible!
Haha sorry to hear that, have you tried going back through the installation to see if it would work again?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Looking good. Wish I could help you out with a rack.
That thing is sick! I got the tubing to do it and enough for a bumber. just dont wanna copy his bedrails tho.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet build man
Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #11

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
That thing is sick! I got the tubing to do it and enough for a bumber. just dont wanna copy his bedrails tho.

Nice! Ever build anything like this? I wanna make the rack similar but not put rail thingy too.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #12

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice! Ever build anything like this? I wanna make the rack similar but not put rail thingy too.
Nothing for my truck but i FAB up all type of shit man... been a fitter/welder for 9 yrs and about to be a structural engineer
Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #13

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
Nothing for my truck but i FAB up all type of shit man... been a fitter/welder for 9 yrs and about to be a structural engineer
Cool man! I don't know what the heck your waiting on haha. If you ever wanna work on something, let me know bud. I'm not sure where your at though.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #14

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Picked these up today..

Got a CB radio. With antenna and other accessories.

Got another Pioneer radio to replace my old cracked one.

last but not least.... a speaker for the PA system.

Tomorrow going to install almost all of it. Ill try to upload more pics when its done.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #15

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Haha sorry to hear that, have you tried going back through the installation to see if it would work again?
nope, i just kept smacking it for the last year lol... prolly should have taken it apart. The touch screen was so unpredictable. Besides this new one I just picked up has a lot more bells and whistles. Just isnt touch screen.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #16

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Some punk jacked my spare tire from under my truck... If anyone has a donut with a cheap tire on it, I'm interested.

Working on installing the fm radio and cb today. Then drawing plans for bed rack.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #17

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
more stuf..

Went ahead and bought the materials to build the bed rack.. Most likely will put a tire carrier on it too.

Picked up a spare tire cheap. It has all the knobs on it still Got lucky there.

Doing lots and lots of stuff today....
Old 10-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #18

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Before...

During...

After...

A much needed internal face lift.

Pa Speaker installed.

CB Radio Antenna installed.. wasnt sure how to run the antenna cable from the bed to the cab, so for right now, I am running it through my back window. Ill move the antenna to the bed rack after its made.

still got lots to do... now making the design for the bed rack.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #19

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Started the cutting and design for the bed rack I'm building. Hopefully, I'll will get a ton done tonight.

I got some awesome ideas for this rack.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #20

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Never realized how long it takes to build and weld something.. This what I've done so far for the rack. It's my first time welding so been making lots of mistakes and whatnot. Everything for the tip part of the rack is tacked on there.