LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

I can't wait anymore the first build begins

Old 11-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
mattsuzuki227 is on a distinguished road
mattsuzuki227's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait anymore the first build begins

1995 tacoma 4x4 base model (i mean base not even a tape player basic am/fm and no a/c)Quick history on truck was my dads truck he commuted in it highway miles. I bought it off of him with 230,000 miles on it. I grew up with this truck learned to drive in it, did my first donuts in it....my dad kept it in perfect condition and has not had a single problem with it everything is original other than basic stuff belts, plugs, front brakes (still has original drums).the only mod my dad did was rancho rs5000 shocks. I bought it in 2003 (grew up working on family farm so he made me buy it he wasn't going to give it to me) so I got it at 16 years old knowing I will not get rid of it ever. Its my first truck and I knew it would be a crawler one day. The day it became mine I went muddin and loved it my dads tires sucked for mud so I ditched the stock rims and put crager soft 8 with 31x11.5 LTB's and used it as the truck was ment to be (I beat the crap out of it playing and working on the farm). Now I never have tried to blow it up or anything but I have been waiting for something major to go wrong so I could make it a toy crawler. Now Im not sure how many miles are on It because I ripped out the speedo cable playing around so I havnt had or needed a speedo for a while cause I drive slow the odo stoped working on the truck with 360, 000 miles in 2009 so with what I average its probably 465000 miles more or less it will not die it still has just about everything original including motor trans clutch (dead serious) rear end . I've replaced the injectors cause one went out put a starter and a new exhaust complete from cat on back as well as several sets of diff mud tires. I have decided its time for a semi build (sorry to talk so much but the history is important). I am replacing every bushing(poly) on the truck and all the wheel bearings for starters. I'm gonna keep driving it daily but want a little more out of It until its my toy. So I have a pile of parts here to start my build. ToyTec Boss coilovers, total chaos upper control arms, tie rod ends, ball joints, winch, lots of tube steel (for custom bumpers and winch mount)and welding rod and a lot more it all starts tomorrow my goal is to have a fun nothing serious yet trail vehicle for hunting and fun the last step of the project is building a four link rear end suspension eliminating the leafs and running coilovers in the rear by building my shock towers and cutting my bed. I've built crawlers for my rich friends cause there lazy and I enjoy it posting stock pics tomorrow
Old 11-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
I forgot to mention I am rebuilding my diffs and putting arb's front and rear.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
updade day 1

Truck sitting on jack stands with tires, upper and lower control arms removed, upper and lower ball joint removed, tie rod ends removed and every bushing removed. Removed original shock and coil(which over the years was sagging over an inch) in other words everything has been removed. New bearings pressed into the spindle and now its time to take apart the rear(new bushings and wheel bearings). When my wife gets home will post pictures. Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread