Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Jacobs build thread

Old 12-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did my LEDs today!!! The right ones the led

Pictures don't really do it, but dang these suckers are bright!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #42
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's a bit chilly today..
Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #43

Finally got my BAMF cb mount!! Installation this weekend

Old 12-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #44

Finished up the BAMF mount!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #45

Look what I found!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #46

Painting the new bumper today

Cheating with my heaters..
Old 12-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
put the bumper on already!! love your wheels.. trade me? haha nice lookin truck man
Haha thanks man!! Ya I like the wheels I'm kinda regretting not getting the black ones but idk... Lol I got the bumper on the I need to adjust it I took some crappy pics

Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #50
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
What paint did you use for your rear bumper and new front bumper? I have had horrible results trying to paint in the cold....
Old 12-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
What paint did you use for your rear bumper and new front bumper? I have had horrible results trying to paint in the cold....
the rear bumper is plasti derped, the front bumper i did like 3 full coats of rustoleum self etching primer, then did 3-4 coats of rustoleum bed liner, turned out really good considering the circumstances, i had those two heaters going on it tho to help it dry.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
nice man looks good! love that bumper jelly!!
thanks dude, ya the bumpers kind of bugging me right now i cant get it to adjust the way id like to so it sits better with the body line..
Old 12-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #53
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent work on the front bumper. It looks like you had a shop paint it. I want to de-chrome my grandpa-gold Tacoma and have it eventually look something like this:

I plasti-dipped the ladder rack on my shell in October and it looked really good until I put it back on and a tiny area of it peeled. I watched a youtube video on how to repair and touch-up plasti-dip. The touch-up looked good, but when I used the ladder rack as intended it peeled again. That stuff is too fragile and touching it up is a pain in the ass. I'm going to try the rustoleum self-etching primer and bed liner spray in 7 or 9 months when it's warm again.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
Excellent work on the front bumper. It looks like you had a shop paint it. I want to de-chrome my grandpa-gold Tacoma and have it eventually look something like this:

I plasti-dipped the ladder rack on my shell in October and it looked really good until I put it back on and a tiny area of it peeled. I watched a youtube video on how to repair and touch-up plasti-dip. The touch-up looked good, but when I used the ladder rack as intended it peeled again. That stuff is too fragile and touching it up is a pain in the ass. I'm going to try the rustoleum self-etching primer and bed liner spray in 7 or 9 months when it's warm again.
thanks alot man ya it took me all day but im happy with the outcome of it,
ya plasti dips great but when you are touching the surface alot it dosnt work too well this spray on bedliner can take some abuse if you put enough coats of it. it looks alot like a black powder coat
Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #55

Finally got around to making my light brack

Turned out pretty neat..
Old 12-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #56

Got my gnar lights mounted
Old 12-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #57

Finishing up my tire carrier

Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #58
CLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the rough

Name: Garrett
CLOUDL1GHT's Tacoma Gallery
did you ever get the front bumper adjusted? mine does the exact same thing and it bugs the shit out of me haha
Old 12-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOUDL1GHT View Post
did you ever get the front bumper adjusted? mine does the exact same thing and it bugs the shit out of me haha
Haha no I've tried everything!!! I've given up I emailed all pro and they said it was normal but who knows...
Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #60
CLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the rough

Name: Garrett
CLOUDL1GHT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
Haha no I've tried everything!!! I've given up I emailed all pro and they said it was normal but who knows...
it looks like it's frowning lol. I'm about to put a winch on it and i'm scared it will get worse