Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Topher's build

Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #121
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Topher
presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
Steller, nice lights.
thanks bro.
I must say you did a heluva job painting those rims. They look great!

I think i might have to do the same pretty soon

Just wondering i remember you telling me that your napa cv's have worked pretty well so far? can't remember did you do the boot slide mod thing? I'm debating getting them since they are so damn cheap. I feel like I'm developing pretty decent vibes in the front ..
Old 06-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #122
johnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I got so much better results with rustoleum semi gloss black. Far superior to duplicolor.

So far so good on the napa cv - still planning to install high angle boots on my spare, but haven't done the boot slide mod. Lmk if you decide to do it, I might be down to stumble through the process with you and install high angle boots too.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #123
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I got so much better results with rustoleum semi gloss black. Far superior to duplicolor.

So far so good on the napa cv - still planning to install high angle boots on my spare, but haven't done the boot slide mod. Lmk if you decide to do it, I might be down to stumble through the process with you and install high angle boots too.
rustoleum is good stuff I use it all the time. I also really like montana spray paint. It's a buck or two more than rustoleum and you have to order it online but that stuff is great.

Sounds good. Do you know where to order high angle boots? Also do you think I will need any special tools to take the boots off?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #124
johnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to behold

I don't think there are any special tools - I'll see if I can find a link to the high angle kits.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #125

Here is a link: http://www.offroadsolutions.com/prod...inner-cv-boot/

Cvj reman does similar work on their offroad axles I believe:
http://www.cvjreman.com/offroad.php
Old 06-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #126

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is a link: http://www.offroadsolutions.com/prod...inner-cv-boot/

Cvj reman does similar work on their offroad axles I believe:
http://www.cvjreman.com/offroad.php
I'm kind of leaning toward cvj after seeing that the high angle boots are 55$ each. It will almost cost the same for napa CVs and high angle boots VS CVJs w/ the high angle boots already installed. After you get the core deposit from CVJ of course..
Old 06-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #127

True dat. I went with the napa so that I could keep my sticker as an emergency spare that's the one I need to reboot.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #129

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately i don't even have 190 to spare ATM. Still trying to save for my BAMF relocation on the 25th haha.

Quote:
True dat. I went with the napa so that I could keep my sticker as an emergency spare that's the one I need to reboot.
ahh yea good point. I guess i won't have my stock ones for spares when i send them off to CVJ.. Decisions decisions..
Old 06-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #130

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Finally getting my 10" kings installed.. Anybody want some billy 5100's for like 50$?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #131
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
How old are they and willing to ship?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #132

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Just got em like 5 or 6 months ago. Yep I don't see why not.. Unfortunately the fellas over at BAMF figured out that king sent me the wrong misalignment spacers though so I'm currently riding with just the passenger 5100. Hopefully they ship these spacers out quick though. I'll let you know and send you a pic of em when I get the spacers.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #133

presto's Tacoma Gallery

Got it all ready for paint and put a coat of self etching rustoleum. I guess I was the first one to get the kit besides one of the guys at BAMF. Very happy with how it came out. Just wish king woulda sent the right misalignment spacers..
Old 06-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #135

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
^That looks like a neat design
I agree. IMO Jerry is very creative and has some great ideas/designs. I really like the fact that its adjustable. He also used 1/4" plate and it seems very strong/durable. Its one of the only kits out there (that I've seen) that is adjustable besides Isu's kit.

If anyone wants any specific pictures of it let me know since I'm kind of the lab rat for this kit (besides the guy that works @ BAMF)
Old 06-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #136

I saw the other setup in person last week, was behind him all the way through here is a pic from rear.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #137

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Lol nice. That's the one ^ I think he said he has some 12" fox's. I should have went with some 12" kings probably. Oh well.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #138

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
I took them off a few days ago but wanted to keep them till i got my kings. I cleaned em up pretty decently for ya if you want em. Only thing i want to make sure you know is that these were the limiting factor in my suspension (over extending because dakars can flex more than these shocks.) I went to toytec's site and these are 200$ though. Seen em on wheelers for 150$ too. So i figure 50$ (depending on shipping) isn't too bad. Ill PM you some pics when i get home 2night. bushing are in decent shape as well. If you want ill throw in all my old shock hardware as well for free. (bolts/washers)
Old 07-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #139

presto's Tacoma Gallery

Then I stacked all the bricks I had to test the flex out a little haha

EDIT:
My drive home was so nice. Im 100% satisfied w/ king shocks & BAMF. Now if only the front rode as nice and was as capable as the rear..

Ive also realized i need to get new mud flaps lol.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #140
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
bayareataco's Tacoma Gallery
your bumps look the same as mine, if you don't like them where they are either weld them to the top plate or do what I did and drill and tap some holes. Although your ruff stuff plates do look a bit smaller than the ones from all pro. I don't get why AP doesnt flare up the sides of the top plates like your RS ones, seems like a sharp edge for the spring to bend against