Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

StAndrew's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #41
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
For those that are counting, total cost so far is $2,380, about as much as a new TRD SC.

That said, got the TRD port fueler + injectors + harnesses used, AEM FIC used, and a cheap Felco 255LPH pump ($50).

Crossing my fingers on the pump .
Old 01-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #42
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got the Transmission Valve Body off today for shift kit install. Not too hard but very messy. Didn't get many pics due to being covered in trans fluid but got a few.

Draining (fluid is nice and clean because I got a flush like 2 months ago. What a waist ):

Pan off. At this point things got very messy so pics were put on hold:

I had to rush the VB to FedEx to catch the truck. Here is what is left (Ill be covering it up shortly):

Expecting it to be returned by the upcoming Friday for install.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #43
Thinking of something clever
dad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
dad32509's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass truck man! Crazy I was looking at your build and some CREE Led's at the same time. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Debating on wether to get them or not. How do you like them? Also are you running off a single relay? I got two 55w lights in the back but want to upgrade so curious if I could just swap em out. Thanks man and sweet truck!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #44
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Bad ass truck man! Crazy I was looking at your build and some CREE Led's at the same time. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Debating on wether to get them or not. How do you like them? Also are you running off a single relay? I got two 55w lights in the back but want to upgrade so curious if I could just swap em out. Thanks man and sweet truck!
Thanks. Not really bad ass until I get a new front bumper though .

Those lights are def a good deal. Nice and bright and no leaking/fogging yet (been rained on a lot). 1 relay, yes.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #45
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
subbing this, is the the CX racing kit?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #46
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
subbing this, is the the CX racing kit?
Yeah. I got a smaller IC and will be mounting it much diff than the kit though. Probably want a smaller Turbo though but Im gonna stick with this one and see how it works.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #47
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #48
Wait for it...

Shift kit delivery delayed until Monday . However got my "rocket ship" (as my wife put it). Three piece belly skids:

Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #49
DSMJRV is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
DSMJRV's Tacoma Gallery
whoa.. super interested in your turbo setup. your truck is BA
Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #50
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMJRV View Post
whoa.. super interested in your turbo setup. your truck is BA
Thanks man. Was saving up for a TRD blower but when I saw this kit for ~$1000 cheaper, I knew I had to have it. Got very lucky and got some used parts, but buying used, Ill still be at the same price as the TRD, URD 7th, and pulley, but with more HP .

No just to find some time to install...
Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #51
Wait for it...

Well Valve Body is MIA... FUCK

Im still awaiting a call, hopefully is just a misunderstanding...
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #52
CLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the rough

Name: Garrett
CLOUDL1GHT's Tacoma Gallery
this is gonna be so cool. how many miles are on the truck?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #53
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOUDL1GHT View Post
this is gonna be so cool. how many miles are on the truck?
Thanks man. ~125k (babied). Not gonna be cool if I don't get my VB back...
Old 01-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #54
CLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the roughCLOUDL1GHT is a jewel in the rough

Name: Garrett
CLOUDL1GHT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Thanks man. ~125k (babied). Not gonna be cool if I don't get my VB back...
ya thats no fun... hopefully they find it because I wanna see this thing turbo'd already!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 AM   #55
Wait for it...

So shipper forgot to ship Friday. VB shipped yesterday and should be in today. Got a shipping # this time so crossing my fingers.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #56
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know anybody that wants to buy a 285 75 16 treadwright mt spare??? Hint hint????
Old 01-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #57
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Do you know anybody that wants to buy a 285 75 16 treadwright mt spare??? Hint hint????
Haha, no thanks, got one.

Besides, got to throw $300+ at Toyota to fix the VB. The gasket was f-ed and Im just about at wits end with this stupid thing.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #58
Wait for it...

Transmission update:

VB was shipped late. Installed Wed. No shifting. Turns out, VB was shipped with a defective gasket. Getting my truck towed to transmission shop this Saturday. Expect to get fixed Monday...

Full review on the guy that did my shift body work pending final install, etc... So far very unhappy with how he's addressing his mistakes
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
shoulda said fuck it and done a 5 speed swap..haha

be wayyy more fun with the boost....haha

just saying haha

also..sad you got that belly pan..

now boost this shit already
I really want to but then I would need a regear and twin stick... I got a few hick ups to figure out before I even start the damn turbo... .

I was hopping to be done by Feb but now my mark is by the end of Feb...

Products Discussed in this Thread