Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

REEFD's HAILSTORM Build

Old 12-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ron
REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
REEFD's HAILSTORM Build

I figured since I was up early I would do a weak build thread! I bought the truck at the first of Aug., it had hail damage on the roof and hood so the guy dropped the price considerably because he only had liability on it at the time. I was glad to find it since all the comparible Tacomas were in the 14K range, which was more than I wanted to spend on a hunting rig so I bought it. Not sure how to do a build thread but here goes! Thanks for the help, Monte a.k.a. Blackdawg!

How it looked when I bought it!

Old 12-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
REEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the roughREEFDUP is a jewel in the rough

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't like the mud grapplers since most of my driving is interstate and my farm roads aren't too bad so I got some BFG T/A's. They rubbed a lot so I got to looking at my leafs and noticed they were shot(including an AAL). Then I had to buy new springs, shocks, BAMF BPV kit and an extended brake lines.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #3

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery

Flexed so much better than I thought it would!

Next thing, I hit a deer! Turned okay for me but not for the deer, insurance company cut me a check for the damages and I bought a tube bumper, it wasn't the bumper I wanted but I neede one fast!. I even had enough left over to buy new Eibach coils and 5100's for the front to replace my leveling kit.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #4

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Painting the bumper! I've built a cpl bumpers in the past but I don't have the resources where I live now but I will be purchasing a welder soon and plate most of this one to my taste. I can't wait to get started on that, I love fabricating!

Installed!

Had to have some Hellas, so I can see better!

New Eibachs/Bily's sitting in the floor still.

I have done the gray wire mod as well as the power supply mod.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #5

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I know my skid plate's missing in pics but its back on after some fabrication.

Picking these up later to replace RS's that I don't care for! Going to sell the RS's and find a bit more of an aggressive tire.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man
Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking good. How much weight do you plan to carry in the bed? If you carry a decent amount of hunting/camping gear you should consider the D6XL extra leaf for the Dakar leaf springs. It will make a huge difference in the load capacity and doesn't have a negative affect on ride or flex.

Without it, those springs will sag quite a bit with a load in the bed.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #8

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Truck is looking good. How much weight do you plan to carry in the bed? If you carry a decent amount of hunting/camping gear you should consider the D6XL extra leaf for the Dakar leaf springs. It will make a huge difference in the load capacity and doesn't have a negative affect on ride or flex.

Without it, those springs will sag quite a bit with a load in the bed.

Thanks,BR!Not much more than I do now and the leafs hold up pretty well. It actually levels it out but I do need the AAL for future hauls.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #9

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Added a Hella 700 for the middle, lights things up really well and has a good even spread throughout with high beams on.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #10

REEFDUP's Tacoma Gallery
Plated my AP Baja and added some new skid plates. I do not recommend attempting to plate this bumper, it was a nightmare and would've been easier just to build a whole new bumper.