Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

JohnboyTRD - 2003 Double Cab TRD

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #161
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pics from the slick rock trip...

Courtesy of Eric :

Courtesy of Lisa:

Old 06-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
Nice pics!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Gah I miss wheeling!

why you no go wheel???
Old 06-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #165
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck did awesome at Slick Rock!
Old 06-25-2014, 02:14 AM   #166
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
why you no go wheel???
Only places to wheel out here are small closed in OHV parks with mostly mud...
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #167
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
presto's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is lookin so sweet bro.

That first picture is so good it looks like the cover page of some wheeling magazine lol.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #168
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man...
Old 06-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #169
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
man, looks like a truck now with those big azz wheels! Front bumper flows better too! Cant wait to get my TG!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Your truck did awesome at Slick Rock!
Yeah, I was super happy with it. Definitely a confidence booster. Truck is way more capable than me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by presto View Post
Truck is lookin so sweet bro.

That first picture is so good it looks like the cover page of some wheeling magazine lol.

Thanks! It was a super fun time, you'll need to get in on these soon... Nice shock relocation btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Looks good man...

Big props to your wife for capturing the day. Somuchfreakinfun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
man, looks like a truck now with those big azz wheels! Front bumper flows better too! Cant wait to get my TG!

Do it!! I just ordered some light tabs for mine... Need to get that stupid 220v outlet in so I can start welding
Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #171
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! It was a super fun time, you'll need to get in on these soon... Nice shock relocation btw.
Yea i will definitely need to get out there soon. Unfortunately my cv's are toast now.. The boots are completely ripped open i might have to replace those pretty soon. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #172

My autozone cv worked out great last trip - we definitely put it through the paces.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #173

presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My autozone cv worked out great last trip - we definitely put it through the paces.
Hmm still kinda unsure of the route i want to take when it comes to cv's. But definitely good to know that its been working out good for you. Since Jerry only charged me half of what he said he was going to charge me i think ill be able to get them sooner than i thought.

BTW i got a little 4$ inline fuel filter and 2x hose clamps for the breather from orielys. Worked out great. If you want a pic of the filter i got LMK.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #174

Yeah man tht would be sweet.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #175

Days I'm glad to have a truck

Old 07-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #176

Prolly gonna end up with a winch soon - any particular recommended accessories or brand of fairlead?

I guess I should get snatch blocks, tree strap... More shackles.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #177

Looked at synthetic lines since I've heard some good things but too much $$. Trying to keep the cost down...

Honestly I can't afford a winch, but have a really good bud who is willing to ship his extra to me for the shipping cost

It's a tuff stuff 12,500 sxtreme
Old 07-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #178

presto's Tacoma Gallery
there is a guy on here who has an on going group buy for the synthetic line. Also Pro links are awesome I'm pretty sure. But yea all this stuff is just eventually.. you can get the winch and upgrade it overtime IMO.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #179

For sure. Just wondering what I need to get started *shrug*
Old 07-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #180
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
imo save til u can buy nice stuff..... why cheap out on recovery gear? so when ur stuck and you rely on it saving your ass it can fail u? nah.... if u want i have an iron fairlead for steel cable i used on my tg bumper. u can have it for shipping. but now that i have syn line. omg i cant believe i ever ran cable...... not too expensive either on amazon.
treat the truck well with nice goodies, itll never let u down.

and for what its worth.... theres a reason Warn and Smittybuilt and master pull are big name brands.....

Products Discussed in this Thread