Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tlook's slow build

Old 12-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Tlook's slow build

started with a 2000 tacoma

Audio:
pioneer head unit with pioneer door speakers

CB
galaxy dx33
galaxy 250 watt linear
wilson 1000 magnetic mount

Lift/tires
toytech 3" lift
33" fierce attitude
16" american racing rims

miscellaneous
blue Led gauge cluster swap
led floorboard lights
led dome light swap
Mercedes mod

future mods
sliders
auxiliary lights

started with a black 2000 tacoma with 200,000 miles (only pic i have it was that damn ugly

someone hit my truck so i got a bit of body work done

then i got a 3" toytech lift installed and a kobalt toolbox

Parents surprised me with a set of new tires for my birthday so i decided to take them for a spin

hit a Mercedes about a year ago... drivers side of the bumper...

then swapped my gauge lights for blue leds (yes thats 315,xxx miles)

that's about all i have pictures of right now i'll add others later. tell me what you guys think!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
Love the new tires! did you ever fix the Mercedes mod? haha
Old 12-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy schmidt View Post
nah not yet happened sometime last year ill probably try to pull it out while im home from college
Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #4

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy schmidt View Post
oh and welcome to TW!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlook View Post
oh and welcome to TW!
Thanks! And my friends was easy to pop
Old 01-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #6
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels look familiar to me
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #7

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Those wheels look familiar to me
ha oops. you have any trouble with the center cap?like when taking the tir off? i have to get a new set because mine were on too tight and i had to beat them with a mallet
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I haven't had any trouble with the center caps, but I only have mine on the rear wheels since I have manual of king hubs up front.

Was it rust that was keeping them on too tight?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #9

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haven't had any trouble with the center caps, but I only have mine on the rear wheels since I have manual of king hubs up front.

Was it rust that was keeping them on too tight?
ya there was a thin layer and i guess the seal was too much. the next set i get im going to take a wire brush to the drums (just put new rotors on) and a really thin layer of anti seize grease or something on the inside of the cap.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlook View Post
ya there was a thin layer and i guess the seal was too much. the next set i get im going to take a wire brush to the drums (just put new rotors on) and a really thin layer of anti seize grease or something on the inside of the cap.
Good idea, that is exactly what I would do.

Truck looks good, restore the headlights (or get new ones) and then clear corners and signals and it will look real clean
Old 01-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #11

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good idea, that is exactly what I would do.

Truck looks good, restore the headlights (or get new ones) and then clear corners and signals and it will look real clean
thanks man! haha i did restore them they just didnt last. i even sprayed a coat of clear on them lasted like six months. i have some cosmetic things to take care of first before i do anything else most importantly a new tailgate...