Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

99 Tacoma Student "Build"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
99 Tacoma Student "Build"

I got my dads truck almost two years ago when I turned 16. I decided to make a so called build thread Anyways there is a few things the truck has had added but I don't have pictures of like rotors and new cat ect. The mods I'm going to do to it won't be as drastic as some on here just a bit of my touch and a few big things hopefully The site has given me alot of new ideas alot from Cmacks old thread haha and help replacing stuff. Thanks for looking and please give me any opions or advice!
How it sits today

I got the truck stock apart from 30" Duelers from my dad the 1st owner.

Left it alone other than regular maintenance. Had a cutting under load which turned out to be a spark plug misfire. My radiator cracked on the plastic topper.

Patched it for a while but NAPPA had a new one for $100

Ran a few camping trips with my friends it might "seat" five but its more of a stuff

Got a bit of an itch to do something to it and saw some cheapo lights and decided to add then on. They were brighter than i had expected.

Over Christmas I got some new lense and hella 500's

Put the Hella's on earlier tonight so they arent wired yet.

Also I ordered in cooper at3 tires in 30x9.50x15 for $623
So when I got the coopers installed but got half way home and my truck started to shake bad so I took it back to find out 2 of my rim were bent so I went with black aluminum ones I think they will look good and only $400 for all four with a wheel kit? (becaused they screwed up) They should be in from between Friday and Monday and ill have pictures of them up when I mount the tires on them

Rims

Got the rims on!

New lenses

Hauling a few branches...

If anyones got any ideas for the truck I appreciate them!
My thread has turned into alot of BS haha but it should all now be in the teen bs thread or our fb chat so from now on it will hopefully only be the stuff I do to my truck. Btw 25ish or younger (at heart even) check out the teen bs thread in my sig!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed again! Excited to see where this goes! Future plans past the wheels?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #4
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Subbed again! Excited to see where this goes! Future plans past the wheels?
Thanks for the link! and I'm not sure fully where I want to go I know a cb, new speakers, a tool box, and slidders (Yours are pretty ba). I need new shocks and leafs idk what kind yet and I need some cv joints soon
Old 01-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy schmidt View Post
Thanks for the link! and I'm not sure fully where I want to go I know a cb, new speakers, a tool box, and slidders (Yours are pretty ba). I need new shocks and leafs idk what kind yet and I need some cv joints soon
Thanks, man! My sliders are made by a guy from right here on TW.

http://www.4xinnovations.com/955-04-...ider_p_72.html

And for a CB, a bunch of us use this one because it literally slides right into the ashtray. No bolts, screws, or anything. It just sliders right in!

http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-PRO520X...words=cb+radio

Just remember that the antenna you get is WAY more important than the CB you buy.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #6

Sweet I'll definitely have to look into those once sliders i get some spare cash and I've wondered where people get the cb's like that thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, man! My sliders are made by a guy from right here on TW.

http://www.4xinnovations.com/955-04-...ider_p_72.html

And for a CB, a bunch of us use this one because it literally slides right into the ashtray. No bolts, screws, or anything. It just sliders right in!

http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-PRO520X...words=cb+radio

Just remember that the antenna you get is WAY more important than the CB you buy.
Mine slides in too like that, it's the cobra 19 ultra iii. The uniden is nice but my cobra was only $35, and I got it at walmart so I didn't pay for shipping. He's also right about an antenna, I made the mistake of buying a cheap $20 mag mount. Ended up going back to spend almost $50 on a nice fiberglass 4 footer.

Truck looks great man!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993t100 View Post
Mine slides in too like that, it's the cobra 19 ultra iii. The uniden is nice but my cobra was only $35, and I got it at walmart so I didn't pay for shipping. He's also right about an antenna, I made the mistake of buying a cheap $20 mag mount. Ended up going back to spend almost $50 on a nice fiberglass 4 footer.

Truck looks great man!
Thanks! It looks like yours fits in the ash tray better and yeah I'll make sure i get a good antenna when I get. My leafs are almost a frowny face so that are shocks will be soon
Old 01-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #9

So I'm getting the rims on tomorrow and was wondering if the lettering should be white or black facing out? I'm leaning towards black but wanting some second opinion.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #10

So I called to ask why my rims weren't in today and they said some crap and such and now they offered Mickey Thompson classic ii (Price should stay the same)

And I forgot with the truck I have slotted and drilled rotors and ceramic pads that I'll put pictures of up later.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #11

Got the new rims installed today! Tell me what you think!

And sorry about the trash in the trunk. Haha
Old 01-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #12
Agent
MRBOND101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
MRBOND101's Tacoma Gallery
Subb!!! Looks great man way better, funny how new wheels and tires do dreams for the look of the truck! Cant wait to see what else you do to your truck man looking good!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #13
Agent
MRBOND101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
MRBOND101's Tacoma Gallery
On and I think the balack out on your truck was the best way to go too!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBOND101 View Post
Subb!!! Looks great man way better, funny how new wheels and tires do dreams for the look of the truck! Cant wait to see what else you do to your truck man looking good!
Thanks man! and yeah I couldnt believe how much better just the tires make it look!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBOND101 View Post
On and I think the balack out on your truck was the best way to go too!
Yeah i'm glad I did black this time!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #15

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Love the new wheels!

I can't ever tell how wheels look from pictures not on a vehicle. I don't like the look in the picture from the website, but they look awesome on your Taco!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Love the new wheels!

I can't ever tell how wheels look from pictures not on a vehicle. I don't like the look in the picture from the website, but they look awesome on your Taco!
Thanks man! I can't either but i found a picture of another red 99 with them on and love it and I like the new look. What 15x8's are you gonna put on yours?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #17
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, wheels were one of my first mods also, those stock steel rims were ugly
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Nice, wheels were one of my first mods also, those stock steel rims were ugly
I didn't mind them but they warped and I like the new ones a lot more!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Nice! His truck is pretty ba and those wheels would make your truck look sick!

Products Discussed in this Thread