Notices

Teehext's 2001 Prerunner

Old 01-20-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
teehext is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Teehext's 2001 Prerunner

Current Pic

Bought my 2001 V6 Prerunner a few months ago as my new DD. I had to sell my 88' Suburban

Something about gas prices or something. These are my old toys

Found a good deal locally on this 2001 V6 automatic 180xxx miles, so I decided to pick it up and start making it desert worthy

First stuff I did was maintenance and repairs, trans fluid, diff fluid, valve cover gasket was leaking so replaced them, new window regulator, added the toolbox. Did the blinker relocation mod. Then I got tired of the stinkbug look, went 5100's all around, Eibach coils in front, new Dakar packs in the back, and 33x10.5x15 BFG All-Terrains.

I've been working on a Satoshi for a couple weeks, just need to get the mesh and stick it all back together. I think I want to de-chrome the truck, maybe paint the bumpers black to match the black Satoshi and derp the wheels. But I'm still debating...

Updates as I get stuff done! Future mods (because it's fun to dream) will be retros and LED bar, tube bumpers, UCA's, coughmidtravelcough, all that fun stuff...All in the distant future haha.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! When you satoshi the lights behind it look cool if you wanna do that!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #3

teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! I'm planning to do an LED bar behind the mesh, seen it on a few trucks and I love the look
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck I like the color.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teehext View Post
Thanks man! I'm planning to do an LED bar behind the mesh, seen it on a few trucks and I love the look
Yeah its a cool look! Post some pics when its done.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find . Looking good so far. Yeah they are fun to work on and mod out. I had a 99 and did all the work my self. You can see it in my photo gallery. Congrats on the find and enjoy.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #7

teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpers tomorrow

Old 01-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #8

teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpers done!

Old 01-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
X2
Old 01-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #11

teehext's Tacoma Gallery

Thinking of ditching the mud flaps...

But where will I put all my +5 hp stickers?

Itching for a bumper...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #12
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! Plus you can sell them on here for a pretty good amount.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #13
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good man

Nice tire lift color combo
Old 01-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #14

teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Do it! Plus you can sell them on here for a pretty good amount.
Tempting. I'll take them off tomorrow to see how it looks. I've seen a couple guys looking for them, why are they worth so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Truck looks good man

Nice tire lift color combo
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #15
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dude u have a sweet ass truck. Thing is spot less from the pics I've seen. That is and awesome color green. What kind of front bumper u wanting to go with? Which ever one will look sweet.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #16
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teehext View Post
Tempting. I'll take them off tomorrow to see how it looks. I've seen a couple guys looking for them, why are they worth so much?
I don't really know haha but people seem to be willing to buy them!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #17

teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
Dude u have a sweet ass truck. Thing is spot less from the pics I've seen. That is and awesome color green. What kind of front bumper u wanting to go with? Which ever one will look sweet.
Thanks man! Don't look too close, it has it's fair share of dents and pinstriping haha. I was leaning toward a tube bumper, but a nice high-clearance plate bumper could still be an option. I want it to look clean with everything tucked up behind the bumper
Old 01-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #18
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That's the way I got my bumpers I wanted them to look like they came from the factory with after market bumpers and that's what I got. My swing out is flush right with the tailgate. I still have to do some adjusting on my arb when I get my winch put on but shouldn't be a big deal. Right now I'm trying to think of the next mod to do but idk? Any suggestions haha? Anyways man u got a sharp truck. The green and black is sweet how u got it. Tube bumper would look sick man imo. Let me know what all ull be doing to it.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #19

teehext's Tacoma Gallery
The bumpers fit really clean on yours, especially the back. It'll be awhile before I save up enough but worth the wait haha. Yeah I'm thinking a tube with a skid, simple like this

But a lower and wider hoop. It will probably have to be custom
Old 01-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #20
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Love love love your stance its perfect

Did you notice a big power loss going to the 33x10.5x15 tire?

Did you try to run that tire when it was stock? Rubbing?