Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Shipps- 1995.5 Progress Page

Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #21
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
You should build a simple platform in the back and then just get a foam topper for a bed.
Thats definitely not a bad idea, i checked out a couple links in your thread people had posted about bed platforms a while back.

I'll have to try it out a couple times and get a feel for it cause when i climbed in there a couple times to adjust things i noticed the headroom is alot less than i thought it'd be. Maybe if i could build one low enough for some storage underneath and still have enough room overhead it'd be totally doable.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #22
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, one thing I learned when I had the canvas top on is that I won't be sitting up. I was pretty happy just chillin during the day and only crawling in for a nap though.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #23
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, one thing I learned when I had the canvas top on is that I won't be sitting up. I was pretty happy just chillin during the day and only crawling in for a nap though.
Yeah thats where the RTT would be nice, having a little more room for activities. I'm anxious to get her out and give it a go. The mountain should be opening up any day now. Just drove up to Red Grade and the sign says open to wheeled vehicles April 1st. Kind of doubt it considering all the snow we just got...but camping season is getting closer!

Btw how do you like your big ass sleeping bag? I'm needing a new one and I was thinking it could double as a pad and just use my old one on the warmer nights.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #24
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The bag is awesome...below 30 haha. I burn up in it unless its pretty cold. It would make a pretty good cushion though. If you get cold easily you would probably like it a lot. I personally like the cooler temps so I already packed it up until next winter.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #25
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The bag is awesome...below 30 haha. I burn up in it unless its pretty cold. It would make a pretty good cushion though. If you get cold easily you would probably like it a lot. I personally like the cooler temps so I already packed it up until next winter.
Right on i'll have to look into it. -30 would be more than adequate for me haha wouldn't hurt to have it just in case though.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #26
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little hump-day morning update bump.

Picture from the other day after Softopper install. Loving it already.

Cleaned up some loose wires i had dangling around.

Also contacted Scotty at Addicted Off-Road and had him give me a price on sliders and install. Looks like i'll be making a trip down to Colorado in the near future
Old 04-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #28
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Sliders!!

Then you'll be Lander ready
Haha hell yes, so ready to do some wheeling. Been going stir crazy all winter!

I'm thinkin skid plates after sliders then i should be pretty good protection wise.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #31
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Skids are always worth it as well. Fully skids and a diff skid. I abuse the hell out of mine haha

Good call on the diff skid. Those are weld on aren't they?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #33
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Wow! It's like our trucks and our dogs are cousins, LoL!
Hahaha! Too awesome great minds think alike i guess

Quote:
Nope. Well...allpro's is. But its pretty whimpy..wouldn't get it.

BTF has one that you weld on the rear.

BAMF is bolt on and is 1/4''. So you loose about 3/8s-1/2'' clearance..but you can split rocks with it.

what i have and Marc has one. I literally don't have to worry about the rear diff anymore haha
The BAMF skid looks beefy as hell. If i can avoid buying more AP stuff than i have to i will lol. Gotta show some love to the other companies too.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #35
No fucks where given hahaha
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #36
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plus the BAMF blots on so thats pretty nice.

and yes..its beef as fuck haha i drug it over everything in lander just cause i could. You can ask gage haha
Quote:
No fucks where given hahaha

lol Gage chimes in at the perfect time.

I do like the bolt on factor as well. If i was proficient with a welder i wouldn't care.

Speaking of which i haven't even so much as turned on that welder i got for free a while back lol i should get on that sometime.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #37
Haha ya as long as I have my phone I just peak in periodically. Ive been on TW a lot more recently just researching though .

The skid does awesome though. I want one eventually but I won't be as reckless as Monte with it haha. It would feel 20x better hearing a thump with it on that's for sure.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #38
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha ya as long as I have my phone I just peak in periodically. Ive been on TW a lot more recently just researching though .

The skid does awesome though. I want one eventually but I won't be as reckless as Monte with it haha. It would feel 20x better hearing a thump with it on that's for sure.

Lmao yeah tapatalk is a dangerous app. TW updates allover the place
I'm not really one to abuse my shit but peace of mind is always nice lol
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #39
I think rape would better describe Monte's mentality on the trail.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #40
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck