Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Shipps- 1995.5 Progress Page

Old 04-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #41
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
I think rape would better describe Monte's mentality on the trail.

Haha rape and pillage FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo wabo View Post
Nice Truck

Thanks man appreciate it!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #43
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Coming from the guy that reversed up and over a boulder and then proceeds to ask what happened.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #45
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
with those 35s you'll be reversing up and over every boulder you can find
Old 04-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #47
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Hell yes!!!

How do you like your LCA skids? Worth it? I was checking out the BAMF website earlier and came across those.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #49
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nah i don't have those. Out LCAs are more then beefy enough to take the abuse. Not worth the hassle of drilling the holes and extra weight for those.
oh i coulda sworn you did, musta been someone else's build
Old 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #51
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
probably.

i don't know of many that have them tho for 1st gens.

but i don't think they are worth it really. i almost got some. but, nah. haha

Yeah it doesn't seem like they're really protecting a whole lot. Just putting steel over top of more steel lol i think i'll focus on protection vital components for now.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #53
TuckGraham is on a distinguished road

Name: Tuck Graham
TuckGraham's Tacoma Gallery
You have spacers on correct? Im thinking about those rims, the last ones i purchased did not fit over the brake.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #54
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckGraham View Post
You have spacers on correct? Im thinking about those rims, the last ones i purchased did not fit over the brake.
No spacers, I actually had to slightly grind the calipers to clear those. I'm not 100% on the backspacing cause they were a gift a Christmas gift a couple years ago. I wasn't too happy about grinding calipers but i've had zero issues.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #55
TuckGraham is on a distinguished road

Name: Tuck Graham
TuckGraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of doing spacers. I feel better about them than grinding the calipers. Thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #56
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckGraham View Post
I'm thinking of doing spacers. I feel better about them than grinding the calipers. Thanks
Yeah i would totally recommend spacers over grinding the calipers. I didn't have to take off much but i wouldn't suggest it to anyone. I still might even get some spacers for the front at least cause if i ever want to change wheels there's a chance they won't fit anyway.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #57
Mr Lazy
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
Strange question, what size uhaul was that, and how well did the truck tow it?

Great looking truck btw!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #58
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr optimist View Post
Strange question, what size uhaul was that, and how well did the truck tow it?

Great looking truck btw!

Thanks!

Shoot I don't remember exactly what size the trailer was. It wasn't their smallest one I don't think I believe it was a step up from that. It didn't do horrible but it definitely didn't do great either. Was a really long haul for that little truck lol. I rarely kicked the overdrive on and kept it around 70.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #59
Mr Lazy
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
Thanks!

Shoot I don't remember exactly what size the trailer was. It wasn't their smallest one I don't think I believe it was a step up from that. It didn't do horrible but it definitely didn't do great either. Was a really long haul for that little truck lol. I rarely kicked the overdrive on and kept it around 70.
Good to know. I need to go over the rockies with a uhaul trailer, trying to decide on the size. Thanks for the info
Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #60
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr optimist View Post
Good to know. I need to go over the rockies with a uhaul trailer, trying to decide on the size. Thanks for the info
No problem. I just checked out the Uhaul trailer sizes and after doing some brain digging i'm almost positive it was the 6x12. It hated the hills but if you take it easy and let the tranny do the work you shouldn't have any issues.