Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Scenekyd's Build - 04 Xtra Cab

Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Scenekyd's Build - 04 Xtra Cab

I picked up this 2004 SR5 Extended Cab 4x4 5spd in Oct, 2013. Before this one, I had a 97 LX with a cheap spacer/ block lift. This first post will be current pics and mods. (Sorry for the crappy cell pics, lost my camera)

Current (5-18-14)

Specs
2004 Xtra Cab
SR5 3.4L
4x4
5 Speed

Mod list

Suspension
Old Man Emu 883s
Dakar leaf springs.
Nitrocharger sports front and back
Revtek Diff Drop

Wheels
TRD Bead lock

Exterior
Tacoma World sticker
Custom made Satoshi (Fiolo)
Bed lined fender flares
Rhino lined bed
SOS Concepts bed rack
Cascadia RTT Mt. Shasta

Interior
LED cluster bulbs (blue)
LED dome light
UltraGauge
Leather to Carpet Mod

Future Mods/To-do list
Dakar extra leaf - waiting for install
Steering rack bushing kit - ordered
EBC brake pads and rotors
15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic III
33x12.50 Undecided on brand
4xInnovation sliders
Elite Off-road plate bumper (If Tim keeps making them)
Elite Off-road rear bumper
Rigid Dually Flood, flush mount
Uniden Pro 520 XL CB
Retrofits
ARB twin air compressor
ARB lockers front and rear
Old 02-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Here is how she sat the day I bought it

First thing I did was take off the fake TRD stickers because she isn't a TRD. Then changed out the Amber color gauge for LED blue from superbrightleds

Before:

After:

I feel in love with Fiolo's grille so I had him make me one and drove down to ATL to pick it up and meet my first TW member!! Do not have any before pics but we all know what the stock grille looks like.

Just a random pic of my little stock Tacoma next to his with 6" lift and 35's

The following weekend I took off the fender flares and bed lined them (thanks to PcBuilder14)

Rode like this for a week, waiting for clips to come in because I broke all but 2 of them

Finished product. Very pleased with the result.

Added my Tacoma World sticker

Then came the UG group buy.. all calibrated up
Old 02-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Derp.
JDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant future

Name: Justin
JDawg562's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, I was wondering how the TRD 2nd gen/fj rims would look on a 1st gen Tacoma!
Old 02-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg562 View Post
Awesome, I was wondering how the TRD 2nd gen/fj rims would look on a 1st gen Tacoma!
Buddy at work has a 02 Xtra cab Silver with the gold TRD rims. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it for ya!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I see you followed my build advice haha, trucks looking great bud , btw heading to the post office tomorrow and finally shipping your sticker , been pretty busy and forgot lol
Old 02-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #6

No biggie bro! I know I would get it so no worries. Yeah hope to get the lift in about 5 weeks. It'll be while before tires but at one step at a time haha

in other news.. Should be getting my o2 sensor from RockAuto this week so hopefully that'll help the CEL... we shall see
Old 02-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. I had a 04 extra cab and if i would have kept it, would have the same wheels and tires. Any other mods planned?
Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Looks great. I had a 04 extra cab and if i would have kept it, would have the same wheels and tires. Any other mods planned?
Nope. Not really. Just wanting to make a little camping rig. I am selling those wheels as soon as I get my MT's
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see it with lift and some beefy tires , I haven't ordered much parts recently , I did get on an online deal for a 48inch hi lift for $54 shipped though , should be receiving it next week
Old 02-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Can't wait to see it with lift and some beefy tires , I haven't ordered much parts recently , I did get on an online deal for a 48inch hi lift for $54 shipped though , should be receiving it next week
Yeah man. I'm stoked!! I am hoping to get a Bed Rack from Box Rocket (
if he will make one) then get a RTT. I need to get a hi-lift. Only jack I have is the shitty cylinder one that comes with the truck. lol
Old 02-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! Wish mine could have came with those rims I don't want to pay the penny for those even though they are probably worth it
Old 02-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #12

Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
Yeah man. I'm stoked!! I am hoping to get a Bed Rack from Box Rocket (
if he will make one) then get a RTT. I need to get a hi-lift. Only jack I have is the shitty cylinder one that comes with the truck. lol
I dig the boxrocket ones too and the price isn't bad, definitely getting an rtt sometime in the future , I dig the tepui ones , I still have my stock jack too lol, idk why I still have it though since it's useless
Old 02-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Subbed! Wish mine could have came with those rims I don't want to pay the penny for those even though they are probably worth it
I got the truck from a dealer so either they put them on once they got the truck or the person before me put them on. Either way I still don't want them haha!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #14
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
What wheels do you want?! I may be able to help you out
Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #15

Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs or classic lock but can't find those anywhere anymore
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #17

Not the new style, they use to have a older style but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #18

I can find it in certain sizes but not 15x8s