Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Trusso24's LT Build

Old 02-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Trusso24's LT Build

So, this is my build thread, finally.

The trucks being built fully in house front to back at Dezert Toy Fabrications by @DTF_Tony

It will be decal'd with a Dezert Toy Fabrications sticker on the cab and a DTF grille emblem, being one of the OG DTF trucks.

I originally wanted an expo/overland build but (mistakenly) went to the Pismo meet in 2013 and was forever bit by the Long Travel bug.

After months doing research and collecting parts and communicating with DTF from across the US(Thanks for putting up with me!)

1999 Extended Cab Tacoma 3.4L

Installed
TRD 3.4 Supercharger
UMP Air Intake
Cab Cage

Being Built
Backhalf
3-Link Rear End
5" Over Dezert Toy Fab Race Kit
Tie Cage Front to Rear Bumper to Bumper

Goodies Purchased
URD 7th Injector
35" BFG Baja ATs
15" Methods
McNeil Fenders/Bedsides
Second Gen Rear End (Locked and Geared at 4.56)
18" SAW 2.5" Triple Bypass

Goodies Wanted
URD 2.2" Pulley
Supercharger Hood

Here's some pictures to start.

We were going to go with a simple bolt on kit with spindle gussets and a leaf sprung setup / bed cage but that evolved into this...

I'll update this later once I'm on my computer!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

New Seats

Old 03-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #4
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
glad i stumbled apon this. I will hopefully be going with the DTF race kit!!!!!
what glass did you get from mcneil? 4.5 inch buldge or 6.5?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #5

Yeah bro we got the link supplies in. I believe I have 4.5, that was before the full kill build. I will probably be going to a one piece clip or a supercharger hood with 6" flares.

The link connections have begun and the front kit will be finished in Early summer.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusso24 View Post
Yeah bro we got the link supplies in. I believe I have 4.5, that was before the full kill build. I will probably be going to a one piece clip or a supercharger hood with 6" flares.

The link connections have begun and the front kit will be finished in Early summer.
Well let me know how the 4.5s fit the kit. I have them now.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #7

They will clear fine. I'm just going for something a little more aggressive
Old 03-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
Mas Tequila!!!

Which one piece are you thinking? The 05+ or the tundra clip?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #9

I'm not sure. It's hard to find pictures of fiberglass online it sucks
Old 03-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Tony you suck

more pics

Quote:
I originally wanted an expo/overland build but (mistakenly) went to the Pismo meet in 2013 and was forever bit by the Long Travel bug.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Tony you suck

more pics

Haha your to blame! You took me off my first jumps! I haven't driven my truck since around that last meet, in April.

DTF will have the trucks in his shop done before we realize it, then it looks like yours is next?!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
glad i stumbled apon this. I will hopefully be going with the DTF race kit!!!!!
what glass did you get from mcneil? 4.5 inch buldge or 6.5?
We picked up the 6.5 from Mcneil

Quote:
I'm not sure. It's hard to find pictures of fiberglass online it sucks

Old 03-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #13
Mas Tequila!!!

Damn. May have to get a one piece. I wouldn't be against it, it'll just the third set of glass id be going through.

This is the mcneil one piece. And bedsides
Old 03-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #14
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can get you a good price on both of those! That clip is clean as fuck btw
Old 03-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #15
Mas Tequila!!!

Already have their fronts and rear fenders haha. Just the 4.5 ones. Ill most likely get that clip! Looks sexy!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #16
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Lawd Jesus this is gonna be sweet. Personally I don't like the second gen fiberglass front clip...if any the tundra one looks decent
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #17

That clip looks so sick. I want
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #18
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Dropped the cage today I'll post pics tomorrow
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #19
Mas Tequila!!!

Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #20
Dezert Toy Fabrication