Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Dave's Build.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
plamore is on a distinguished road
plamore's Tacoma Gallery
Dave's Build.

So I'm finally ready to start throwing some money in to my '04 Double Cab. When I realized that I needed new shocks and new tires I though hey, I might as well upgrade, right?
Here’s what I have so far but this is going to be a work in progress.

I also wanted to thank everyone on this forum for helping me determine the EXACT right tire size, rim size, what lift to buy, how much to lift... the list goes on. Hope fully I can help pass on some knowledge with this thread. Here is what has been done so far:

• Lift- ToyTec Ultimate 95-04 Toyota Tacoma lift with Bilstein shocks with 2” rear shackals : http://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/95-04-...lstein-shocks/
• 2” rear lift blocks
• Wheels- Level 8 Tracker alloys, black, 16X8 -12 offset 4” backspacing 6x5.5 lug pattern : http://www.level8wheels.com/wheels/tracker
• Tires- BFGoodrich Mud terrains 285/75R16 (32.8X11.2)
• Toyotec diff drop kit
• Brake line extension for rear lift
• POR-15 painted frame to fix surface rust

Stock:

Time for a Lift!

Forgive the Pics, I should have washed the salt off the undercarriage, this was right after a huge snow storm and in VA they cover everything in salt.

I cut the exhaust pipe and will shorten it by 2" later so it hangs under the leaf spring.

Shinny new shackle!

Old and New Coil-overs.

This was the final product. Next up, Tires and Rims.

Stock front from ground to wheel well:

Stock rear:

Post Lift front:

Post lift rear:

Sold these for 250$:

Bought these for a grand

…along with these:

YESSSSSSSSS!!!

WOW, what a difference!

It's still a bit low in the back but just added 2" blocks in the rear and now she sits level. Took her out two days ago, what a blast… I can't believe the things this truck is capable of with very minimal mods!

4/19/2014

The weather is finally warm! …and I had the day off, so I broke out some tools and got to work removing my rusty old front bumper.

I Ordered the new bumper on Amazon for 60$. It came in black and shipping was free. Maybe I'll paint it later, I haven't decided if I like the black or not yet. I plan to replace it with a tube bumper and winch later in the summer, but for now I just couldn't stand looking at a rust hole in my truck 6 bolts later the bumper was off…

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaah….

One last thing…. a car wash

Today was a good day.

8/27/14

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Like a tank!!! Still need those rock rails though.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
b.silva is on a distinguished road
Name: Benjamin
b.silva's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck

hey man, beautiful truck. im looking to do similar mods to my 03.. I have a question about the wheels tho, how do you determine the wheel offset you want? I read up on it a little bit but I still don't fully get it.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
plamore is on a distinguished road
plamore's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah this took a lot of reading for me to understand as well, basically, all you need to worry about is backspacing. The backspacing is the distance from the mounting surface to the back (inside lip) of the rim, so as long as it's not more than 4" it won't hit any suspension parts. The tire width will then determine how much offset the rim will have because it's relative to the width of the rim. …so just get a rim with 4" of backspacing and you'll be fine.