01 4 door 1 ton SAS

Old 04-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #42
greengen1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
greengen1's Tacoma Gallery
wishing I had the skills to do this, looks great
Old 04-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #43
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Is that rear locker for sale?

The build is looking good by the way.
The old ARB locker I had? It sold and I gave the complete stock rear axle to my buddy who is going to put it in his 83 Toyota.

Thanks for the compliments! I edited all the posts because everyone likes big pictures
Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #44
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Subbed, because this thing is awesome.

Also I am interested in the front stock CV axles if you are selling.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #45
jfstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
jfstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!! keep the info coming
Old 04-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #46
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Subbed, because this thing is awesome.

Also I am interested in the front stock CV axles if you are selling.
I am giving priority to a friend of mine who wants to buy all my old IFS stuff. If he doesn't follow through, next priority goes to locals.

Didn't get too much done today. I chopped out the rear crossmember that holds the stock spare tire winch and replaced it with a piece of 1.5"x.250 DOM to hold my shocks. Got one mounted so far. U bolts and u bolt plates are being painted.

Attached Thumbnails
01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4311.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #47
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
No resi? 0/10. Would not bang
Old 04-24-2014, 12:19 AM   #48
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
No resi? 0/10. Would not bang
The rear suspension is temporary. I plan to link it with coilovers, like the front once I get all the bugs worked out.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #49
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Got some more work done today. Tidied up the rear shocks, just need to fully weld them when I can flex the truck out to make sure the location will work. Link brackets showed up, pieces of art work! Shoved the D60 at full bump and started throwing links at it. The brackets made quick work of about 3 days of work, VERY happy with them! By the numbers, I should be getting around 6 or 7" of straight up travel which I'm happy with. I really don't have much room for the axle, where it's sitting now, its about 1/4" from the oil pan. If I move the axle more forward, I have about 1/2" before the heim at the pitman arm contacts the tie rod. I like where it's sitting though, once I start looking at where the panhard can go, I may move the axle just a little bit more forward if I need to. The goal is to have a straight panhard, not bent.

Tomorrow will be spent fitting up brackets to weld onto the cast D60 center section. I cut one out and need to drill a hole in it. Got the torch ready for welding

Attached Thumbnails
01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4314.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4315.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4323.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4326.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4334.jpg  

01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4335.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4333.jpg  
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #51
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
the angles on these things make my mind hurt, but look fucking awesome
Not nice on the wallet but I can't even begin to explain how well they were designed. My exhaust fits perfect and the upper on the driver side gets real close to the fuel lines but doesn't touch. Doesn't touch the transfer case. Excellent pieces of metal! If Brian had a kit for this truck and this axle, I would be all over it. He's supposedly working on it now
Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #52
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Got my welds looking similar to Brian's at 4WU

Attached Thumbnails
01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4338.jpg  
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #53
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #54
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Wow sub'd for this
Old 04-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #55
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
Welp when u are done sell me the truck too
Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #56
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Got my welds looking similar to Brian's at 4WU

Them welds!!! Stacking dimes!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #57
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Welded tabs directly to the tie rod for the drag link. I feel like it needs more metal added to it though. I wanted to keep as much misalignment as I could which meant bending the tabs to get it welded to the tie rod. Cranked the welder up full tilt and burned it on. I decided to weld tabs straight onto the tie rod after I put tabs on the adjustable OD clamp. It looked too busy with the OD clamp on so I set the toe again and will run with it. Should be ok, I think.

I hope to get the frame end panhard mount done tomorrow so I can flex her out and see what hits Then next weekend I'll be mounting coilovers and potentially air bumps.

And I was able to squeeze 9" of vertical separation at the axle with the big upper link mount. Pretty happy with how that came out, still need to fully weld it with the special wire for welding to cast iron.

Attached Thumbnails
01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4348.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4350.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4353.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4365.jpg   01 4 door 1 ton SAS-img_4355.jpg  

Old 04-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #58
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
This build is awesome so far. Keep it up
Old 04-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #59
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent work
Old 04-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #60
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
This is glorious! Can't wait to watch this through!

Amazing work OP!!!