Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pentens build

Old 04-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
Penten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 31B
Name: Peter
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Pentens build

Well hey everyone finally got a Tacoma ! >.>
Ended up with a 97 SR5 V6 Autommatic 4x4
Cobalt Blue Pearl

Performance: Stock

Lighting:
41.5" Double row 3D lens CREE bar
-Custom low profile star mounts made by tacomaninHD
18W 6 LED CREE pods
-CBI ditch light brackets

Electronics:
Blue Sea 12 fuse block
150A Blue Sea breaker
Ultragauge

Audio: Pioneer head unit w/ stock speakers

Suspension: Stock

Tires/Wheels: Stock rims along with 31/10.50/15 AT's

Anyways heres the pictures that are the only thing that matters lol

Topper Is for sale or trade btw ! XD
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
DriveByTrucker is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1833 Amphibious Assault Vehicle crewman
Name: Scott
DriveByTrucker's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Don't see that color too often.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Penten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveByTrucker View Post
Nice truck! Don't see that color too often.
Thanks the color and having no visible rust is why I bought it lol. Although I do have the fight with everyone on it being blue not purple lol
Old 05-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Penten's Tacoma Gallery

Ultragauge came in today! really sweet kinda just set it up now I need to hide the wires an what not !

Also thanks to Relentless Fab for the awesome decals ! Can't wait for some GB's on his stuff *cough* *cough*
Old 06-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing real new I just fixed my washer reservoir the little U-pipe was cracked and dumped liquid everywhere. Flex-seal was a waste of money btw ! So I bought some hose and just made it work and its lasted so far!

Also got my oil filters from camelback which was awesome so I got my oil changed!

Then I got my niffty decals on which I really love!

Plastidipped my emblems and door handles. Idk why I didnt do the mirrors

Hopefully getting a tacoma bed to get my rust issue fixed ! Then I can Line-X it and be super happy !
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and also sold the topper to a guy with a single cab and same color, even though there was quite the gap towards the cab >.>
Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm going to address this issue here...

With a little ingenuity here...

Hopefully getting it done by next Tuesday gotta figure out my game plan to tackle this. If anyone has any input that would greatly appreciated !

Also if anyone has one of these I would buy it in a heart beat !

Old 06-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #8
xcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
xcmtb83's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have a bed liner in your original box for it to rust like that? It looks like the donor one did too or they never hauled anything.

How bad of condition are the exterior bedsides on the donor?

Is there a muffler heat shield on the donor box? I might need one.

Have you removed the running boards yet?

It is always nice to see a surviving 95.5-97 Tacoma in the midwest. They are the originals.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcmtb83 View Post
Did you have a bed liner in your original box for it to rust like that? It looks like the donor one did too or they never hauled anything.

How bad of condition are the exterior bedsides on the donor?

Is there a muffler heat shield on the donor box? I might need one.

Have you removed the running boards yet?

It is always nice to see a surviving 95.5-97 Tacoma in the midwest. They are the originals.
I have a duraliner so water got trapped under it and rusted it out I assume. The donor one is actually really nice just surface rust here and there.

Exterior of donor box however is not so good since the truck was rolled lol

I don't believe there was a heat shield on it but I'll check for you

And no I haven't removed them yet since they're fiberglass I figure they're protecting the rockers till I can get them bedlined

And thank you I love the front ends of the 95.9-97 although they never came in TRD right? that's the only complaint I have.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
xcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
xcmtb83's Tacoma Gallery
Correct, no TRD model but the elocker was an option.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #11
Penten's Tacoma Gallery

Getting some pieces put together, getting ready for my light bar to come in
Old 07-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
TrumanTacoma is on a distinguished road
TrumanTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Whooooo! Another Cobalt one!

And I'm interested in buying that topper from you if you decide to let it go, just shoot me a PM
Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumanTacoma View Post
Whooooo! Another Cobalt one!

And I'm interested in buying that topper from you if you decide to let it go, just shoot me a PM
Oh man I'm sorry I actually sold it a month or so ago :/
Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #14
TrumanTacoma is on a distinguished road
TrumanTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penten View Post
Oh man I'm sorry I actually sold it a month or so ago :/
I guess I should have been more adamant about looking at those Iowa Craigslists, I go to school in Kirksville so I look up there more during the school year. No need to apologize!

Edit: I'm a dumbass and didn't see that you sold it earlier
Old 07-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
So finally got around to getting this just about done ...

This is how it turned out pretty good for the most part just needs some finishing touches

Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
And for today me and a buddy put on the light bar and pods along with my blue sea system. All I need now is to run the wires and I'll be in business!

And I love my light bar mounts made by TacoManInHD