Notices

Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma

Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
TrippTheGreat
BehindUranus is on a distinguished road

Name: Tripp
BehindUranus's Tacoma Gallery
Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma

Oh the ole' cliche build thread, I feel like its been a long time coming so here it is. I'm rather proud to introduce "Herschel" to TacomaWorld. Now as some of you may consider this a "mall crawler", well I guess you would be correct in a way. I do keep my truck very clean as its good for the paint but also because hell, it looks damn sexy all shiny and stuff lol (no its not a car fetish, I like nice and clean cars )

What It Is:
02' Toyota Tacoma SR5 - Automatic - 4x4

On to the ownership part:
Ive had (family owned)/owned title to my truck since roundabout 05' when my dad bought it used from my Uncle (owns a dealership) Since then I've become more or less a Tacoma fanatic. Don't get me wrong, I've driven larger trucks, different brands, etc but nothing really drives like a Tacoma (insert fanboy comment here)

Overview:

Truck came with a Leer tonneau cover and window vents. My customization originally started in 07' with a Flowmaster Stage II with a 18" single exit to the back right. In 08' I upgraded the sound system with a Alpine head unit, Rockford Fosgate PUNCH P-200 amp on a single Punch P1 10 in a sealed box behind the driver's seat in the floorboard. Later on added another P1 in a sealed box behind the passenger's seat. In fall 2010 I upgrade the wheels and tires from stock to GEAR alloy Recoil 17x9 on Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/R17s. after upgrading the wheels and tires was sitting on about 170k miles and was overdue for a suspension upgrade (at which time I joined Tacoma World in search of advice ) thus settling on Old Man Emu 2" full suspension kit with Dakar leafs in the back. As of June 2014 finally hit the 190k mileage marker

Mods / Upgrades:
Leer Tonneau cover
Bedliner (can't recall brand atm)
Flowmaster Stage II exhaust with single exit
Alpine CDE-121 AV head unit (upgrading soon-ish)
Rockford Fosgate PUNCH P-200 amp
Two PUNCH P1 10s in single sealed boxes behind both driver and passenger seats (although about the replaced by JL W3 8 in ported box)
Westin Safari bar on front with Westin barrel style running boards
Window vents
GEAR Alloy Recoil 17x9 Wheels
Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/R17 tires
Sylvania ZXE Bulbs in headlights (looking to put in HID lamp kit with LEDs in all cab and brake, reverse, 3rd light, and signals, ideas anyone?)

More upgrades to come as I have the money

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure how to link photos yet into the post so Ill be adding them in attachments (if you know how to do this please message me, thanks)

For now, please enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think.

BehindUranus aka Tripp
Attached Thumbnails
Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-0814081243.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-2012-11-02_13-36-38_722.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-2012-12-03_16-17-53_894.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-img_20130316_191941_843.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-2014051095203310.jpg  

Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-2012-12-03_16-16-29_227.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-20140612_145031.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-2014051095202435.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-shot_1284262576435.jpg   Codename: Herschel, The Tacoma-20140605_212722.jpg  

Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
Lone Wolf Legend
cbechtold is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
cbechtold's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean. Very nice. I'm looking forward to see where this goes. Any big plan that are around the corner?
Old 06-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
TrippTheGreat

Hey thanks for the comments cbechtold. Yeah I have a few upgrades planed moving forward. Mostly are cosmetic or safety enhancements.

Current-ish Mod list:
HID headlights / new headlamp kit with a little smoke on the lens
LED bulbs in all lights including signals, brakes, etc. (Not 100% on this yet)
Double Din Large Display (Kenwood or Pioneer App Radio are the runners right now) in dash receiver instead of my single din
Upgrading to WeatherTech vent shades and possibly Digital Fit floorliners
Fog lamps on the Safari Bar / replacing the Safari bar with a brush guard
K&N Cold Air Intake
Possibly some hydrodipped emblems

Thats about all I can think of at the moment lol, its kindof a go as I find cool stuff upgrade list.

-BU
Old 06-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love the 1st gens....nice truck!

There is nothing wrong with keeping your rig clean...I'm the same way.

RJM
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
Lone Wolf Legend
cbechtold is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
cbechtold's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like you've got plans for that Tacoma of yours. I'm looking forward to seeing where it ends up. I'm making sure that I subscribed.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
TrippTheGreat

Lol clean is awesome and healthy for the truck in general but gotta love dem haters
Old 07-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #8
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. The OME lift and wheel combination is perfect - I like the stance.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindUranus View Post
Hey thanks for the comments cbechtold. Yeah I have a few upgrades planed moving forward. Mostly are cosmetic or safety enhancements.

Current-ish Mod list:
HID headlights / new headlamp kit with a little smoke on the lens
LED bulbs in all lights including signals, brakes, etc. (Not 100% on this yet)
Double Din Large Display (Kenwood or Pioneer App Radio are the runners right now) in dash receiver instead of my single din
Upgrading to WeatherTech vent shades and possibly Digital Fit floorliners
Fog lamps on the Safari Bar / replacing the Safari bar with a brush guard
K&N Cold Air Intake
Possibly some hydrodipped emblems

Thats about all I can think of at the moment lol, its kindof a go as I find cool stuff upgrade list.

-BU
Just some advice:
Do some research on this site about the cold air intake. Our trucks are already somewhat cold air intake, and the K&N setup actually change it from cold to hot intake since it moves it from sucking through the fender well to sucking from the engine bay.