Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

YotaBoater Trail Build Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
YotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: USCGR BM3 / Virginia Marine Police
Name: Bryant
YotaBoater's Tacoma Gallery
YotaBoater Trail Build Thread

Hey everybody,
2/14/15

Current Mod list
Icon Ext Travel
Icon UCA
Icon Rear Smoothies
Wheelers prog 3 leaf pack
33 12.50 KM2
Alpine R12 w/ custom enclosure
cobra CB with whip attached to tool box
All pro sliders welded on
Trail Gear Low Pro front bumper
trail gear tube doors (summer time)
Engo 9000 lb winch

Future:
Tube Rear Bumper (probably All-pro)
Full Skids (Bud Built)
700 lb springs changed out on the C/Os
Custom Ditch lights and Brackets
switch panel
fuse block

2/10/15

Here is my 02 as of 6/15/2014:

I've been modding my rig for the 2 years but I finally had saved enough money to build my dream rig. I know not everyone will agree that Icons are worth the money but I wanted something quality and I wanted to do it right the first time. Anyways, here is what I started with:

A very clean 2002 TRD Limited 4x4 with some oxidized paint but I love the slight color fade. I bought her with only 80,000 miles and absolutely no rust.

I didn't really take a lot of pictures throughout my plasti-dip but i went ahead and blacked out the faded flares and emblems.

I ordered some new headlights from amazon i think and I also orders some replacement window latch things

I researched and researched and found that Icon makes a really good lift and I wanted to make the best of it by including UCAs. I talked Wheelers Off-road and Dan gave me a great deal on Ext travel Coil overs, UCAs, Rear Shocks, and their progressive heavy duty add a leaf kit. I was immediately impressed with the beefiness of the parts and the high quality feel and finish.

I wanted a great performing trail rig that could do some over landing and a good mix of everything.
I had the BFG KM2s put on 15s and had quite a bit of rubbing to deal with I was able to bend the pinch weld and trim a bunch of plastic to get them to fit

The lift was put on by a friends brand new shop called SouthSide Offroad in Farmville VA. They do great work and went the extra mile for sure. PM if you want anymore info.

So over the last weekend I finally got to test everything out with the local 757 Toyota 4x4 owners club here in Hampton Roads Virginia. I am absolutely blown away at how capable these trucks and the icons are. We went to a trail commonly known as Crab Tree Falls.

My buddies Sweet FJ Expo Build
and here is a bad little SASd Taco

Thanks for checkin out my rig!
-Bryant
Old 06-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
LSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Great looking truck man
Old 02-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
YotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to beholdYotaBoater is a splendid one to behold
Sorry haven't posted in a while-

New trail gear bumper and Engo 9000 lb winch.
welded on all pro sliders

Most recent:

Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Your like my twin! Haha
Old 02-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
Your like my twin! Haha
Haha I actually follow your build for sure! I looked at your truck when I decided on the tube doors. When it warms up Im throwing those on

I want 35s!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #6
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'll for sure be doing a set of tube doors when the weather gets nicer. I love the 35s, but dd-ing on them truly sucks sometimes lol. That'll all be fixed soon though
Old 02-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #7
OBX for a day trip. Awesome to see how this truck does in the sand!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
LSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I need to take the new truck to the outer banks soon
Old 02-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC15 View Post
Dude I need to take the new truck to the outer banks soon
Yeah its so fun down in Corolla. Its free this time of year and its really not that busy!

I have to say I've been in mud, rocks, sand and snow. these tires are the best you can buy
Old 02-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #10

LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaBoater View Post
Yeah its so fun down in Corolla. Its free this time of year and its really not that busy!

I have to say I've been in mud, rocks, sand and snow. these tires are the best you can buy
I had them one time on old truck. Put them on my new one. I love them
Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
(͠◉_◉᷅ )
Delta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
That picture is awesome, love the rim tire combo!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #12
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '19
mhorton1911 is a splendid one to beholdmhorton1911 is a splendid one to beholdmhorton1911 is a splendid one to beholdmhorton1911 is a splendid one to beholdmhorton1911 is a splendid one to beholdmhorton1911 is a splendid one to beholdmhorton1911 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mark
mhorton1911's Tacoma Gallery
The exact tire/rim combo I want. Looks great man!!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 PM   #13
PatriotOfAmerica is on a distinguished road

Marines: Infantry
Name: Reed
PatriotOfAmerica's Tacoma Gallery
so clean!! diggin it #sub'd
Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #15
SeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
SeekingZero's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck! Sub'd.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #16
Thanks guys!

I can't wait for skids and rear bumper. I'm thinking all pro tube rear bumper and bud built full skids.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #17

LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
May head to the outer banks over spring break
Old 02-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #18
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ship Serviceman 3rd Class
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man... When did you get those Icon upper arms? I was told they don't make em anymore for the 1st gens.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC15 View Post
May head to the outer banks over spring break
Thats awesome. let me know for sure. Its a quick day trip for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx586 View Post
Great looking truck man... When did you get those Icon upper arms? I was told they don't make em anymore for the 1st gens.
Thanks man. I had no idea they stopped making them. I hope they still make the uniball parts for them. I got mine from Wheelers Offroad. I was trying to get the Total Chios ones but they were out of stock and discounted these for me.

They are still on their web site btw
Old 02-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #20

LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Sure will bud. It'll be during the week sometime