Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The "Chuckwagon"/Dad's Vicarious Purchase/Ballin' On A Budget Build

Old 07-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
TrumanTacoma is on a distinguished road
TrumanTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The "Chuckwagon"/Dad's Vicarious Purchase/Ballin' On A Budget Build

I've been creeping around here for a year now, figured if I started a build thread it would create some accountability for me to actually do something.

Here's what I'm working with:

1995.5 3RZ 5-speed 4x4 3.58 gears
Cobalt Blue/Rust

Currently
K&N
31x10.50's on $100 rattlecan'd 1987 aluminum wheels
Replaced plugs, wires, belts (had the 1995 originals on it)
New leaf springs
Fixed the a/c
New clutch
Tint
Stuff

Plans
Full coilovers
Sliders
E-Locker swap with at least 4.30's
AP Expo springs
MT/R's with Kevlar
Twin-stick
4.7's
Bumper and armor
Winch
Usual accessories
ARE shell

The day after I bought it, I saw the Frankenstein build and absolutely fell in love with how it looked, so that's my main point of inspiration. But being where I am (Missouri) and what I use it for (farm chores, pulling domestics out of the mud, hauling 4 wheelers, pulling my 14ft sailboat, and driving around town at college) it'll be different. My brother and I both love tinkering with stuff, so he and I are going to do little things to this while we work on our other, numerous projects. (A 1964 IH CCSB 4x4, a '58 Triumph TR3, a '84 C30 that's getting restored with a Cummins, and ratrod parts are coming together as I type)

Enough talk.

1st day I owned it:

More stock pics:

My friend liked mine so much he bought on of his own!

Got the wheels painted and on:

Going to feed the calves, better take some poser shots:

Doing chores over Christmas Break:

Mods are coming as soon as I can bring myself to spend the money, college ain't cheap.

I'm planning a trip to Colorado or Moab for spring break next year, so I've got some work to do before then. Thanks for all the help you guys have been already. I'm looking forward to see what I can make of this thing.