Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

A.smo's Build log!

Old 07-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
a.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
A.smo's Build log!

Hey everyone!

This is my progress/build log of my new truck. I'm doing this log to stay active on this site as well as to see where my truck goes. I bought this truck 7-17-14. It is my first truck, and Tacoma. I am only a college student right now so it will be slow and nothing major will be happening just yet. It is a stock truck for now.

Here's how it sits today! 7-26-14

Engine/Drive train:

-3.4l v6
-Manual 5sp
-Rear Lockers
-K&N Air filter
-Gibson Exhaust

Suspension:

-Stock

Armor:

-
None

Recovery:

-None

Electronics:

-
None

Wheels and Tires and Brakes:

-Stock rims
-Michelin 235/65/15

Misc mods:

-
None

As I stated, it is a stock truck. There has been a quite a bit of maintainence done from the previous owner. The truck has just over 218k miles.

To be done:
LBJ
Timing belt/water pump/thermostat
Rear Leaf's
Retrofit HIDs
Grey wire mod
Tint
Audio
Overall cleaning up the truck/making it look like it hasn't been sitting in the AZ heat
Service trans/Rear diff/transfer case
New door arm rest
New rims
New tires
Wet okole's
Weathertechs
Black Grill
Black rims

and more!

Done:
Rear diff/transfer case 8.9.14 218,400 miles
Partial Debadge
Red plastidip badges
De-mudflap

Here are the first pictures of the truck the next morning.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
a.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved for future!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #3

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys. I could use some help. I'm looking to change my transmission, transfer case and rear differentials sometime soon. I wanted to make sure I bought the right oil. I purchased 75w-90 limited slip for my rear differentials and 80w-90 for both transmission and transfer case. I'm a little cautious because the guys at orielly didn't seem sure and I believe my Chilton manual stated different.

He hasn't done the transfer case or rear differentials ever and he did the transmission at 150k miles. The truck has 218k so I figured it's time for some new oils.

What new gaskets do I need?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #4

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
One morething I could use some help with..

CEL P0420-

I've started some reading about it. Previous owner said he replaced o2 sensors. I was thinking of diagnosing the A/F sensor, but I don't know how to. Should I just replace it? How do I check for gas leak? Should I just replace to o2 sensors as well?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.smo View Post
Alright guys. I could use some help. I'm looking to change my transmission, transfer case and rear differentials sometime soon. I wanted to make sure I bought the right oil. I purchased 75w-90 limited slip for my rear differentials and 80w-90 for both transmission and transfer case. I'm a little cautious because the guys at orielly didn't seem sure and I believe my Chilton manual stated different.

He hasn't done the transfer case or rear differentials ever and he did the transmission at 150k miles. The truck has 218k so I figured it's time for some new oils.

What new gaskets do I need?

Thanks!
75w-90 is good for everything... front and rear diffs, transmission, and transfer case. 80w-90 is fine too. You don't need limited slip additive but I don't think it will harm the diff.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #6

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool. I didn't think it was too much of an issue I just wanted to make sure.

Btw- nice log. Once I get more comfortable in my truck and play with the 4x4 more I need to go out with some of the guys here in the state.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #7

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got to go out this weekend and play around.

From my gfs 4runner. My friend then myself

A little donut action.

Probably the best picture anyone will get of me. This is where we went first, but it was all dried up.

My taco and gfs 4runner

Gfs 4runner and friends taco