Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoREX 3RZ Second Wind

Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
-TacoREX
TacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
TacoREX's Tacoma Gallery
TacoREX 3RZ Second Wind

Updated - July 31st, 2014

2001 Tacoma 2.7 3rz-fe 4x4

Picked up this truck from a good friend Decemeber 2013 with burnt valves, worn tires, dents, and about 5lbs of Malamute hair. Over the course of two days my wife and I set up shop on our gravel driveway under the carport. Built a temporary deck out of 7/16" OSB to roll the new (110k salvage) motor into place with and pulled the swap. Now 15k later, the truck is running strong and I'm upgrading other parts that 215k miles of wear have impacted.

My introduction when it started on TW

Upgrades

Suspension
OME Dakars
Bilsteins 5100 & 5125

Wheels/Tires
1.25" Spydertrax Spacers
OEM Wheels
Cooper AT/2 265/75/16

Armor
All-Pro Sliders

General
2" Receiver
Cobra 19 Cb w/homemade antenna bracket
Headache Rack
2" Canoe Rack
Leer Matching Fiberglass Shell w/Yakima Bars

Future Mods & Wish List
2" Front Receiver w/winch plate and hidden winch
Upgrade IFS, hubs, and CV's
255/85/16 or 285/75/16 (Undecided)
Upgrade Skids
2nd Fuel Tank
Install On-board air (have all parts except quick fit hosing)
Upgrade CB Antenna to Firestick
E-locker/detroit rear locker and spartan/detroit front and gears
Paintjob
Brakes front and rear
Tepui Ayer

Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
-TacoREX
TacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoREX's Tacoma Gallery
Got my IPfs installed thanks to a new(ish) billet grill from 552Jrider! Busted up the clips on the turn signals, so new ones are in the mail.

My overbuilt light bar, I call it a mini headache rack
Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ship Serviceman 3rd Class
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man needs more pics! Did u swap in another 2.7L or move up to the 3.4L?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
-TacoREX

TacoREX's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Kept the 2.7, was on a time crunch otherwise would have considered the 3.4 more seriously. Got a bunch of pics in the link under my sig
Old 08-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #5
-TacoREX

TacoREX's Tacoma Gallery
Got the lumber rack I've been dreaming of, spent two nights filling in the gaps between the feet. Just in time for rains! Soon the shell will go on as well!