Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

2000 Tacoma LT 4x4 Reg Cab "Martha"

Old 09-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
2000 Tacoma LT 4x4 Reg Cab "Martha"

In July of this year, I sold my comfy DD 2012 mid travel 4x4 Tacoma and bought a 2014 Prius as a DD and a 2000 Tacoma as a dirt truck. This truck has a lot of work already completed and is about 80% done for what I want it to do. I intend to drive it to and from the desert for off road trips and occasionally drive it on the weekends. With the help of my fiancé I named her "Martha".

Specs:
2000 Toyota Tacoma reg cab
2.7 4 cylinder (3RZ)
5 speed
4x4

Suspension:
Total Chaos front LT kit
King 2.5x8" coil overs
Deaver F67 62" leaf pack
Total Chaos 12" shackles w/gussets
King 3.0"x16" Race triple bypasses
Total Chaos shock tower gussets

Wheels/tires:
Method double standard 15x8" w/3.5" BS
BFG 33x12.5r15 tires

Drivetrain:
4.10 gears
Warn manual hub conversion
LT 4x4 axles
K&N CAI

Safety:
Richer Racing cab cage connected from front bumper to rear bumper and engine cage
Giant race seats w/Crow 5 Pt harnesses

Exterior:
Tundra one piece hood conversion
Glassworks bedsides

Lights:
Rigid 30" Amber bar on front bumper
Amber rear facing dust light

Parts to be installed:
King 2.5"x8" triple bypasses for the front

To-Fix:
Replace lower ball joints
Replace LT kit bushings with Delrin
Repaint LT kit

Future mods:
Race radio
Front skid plate
Flat cargo rack for rear storage
EBC brake rotors and pads
Solo Motorsports 4x4 spindles w/uniball
Solo Motorsports heim steering

Here is what she looked like the day I got her. She really needed some TLC in the form of rustoleum black paint. All of the tubing from the front bumper to the rear bumper needed to be cleaned and painted. There were cobwebs all over the place

I picked up some Method Double Standards 15"x8" w/3.5" BS the day I brought her home.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Here she is getting some new springs in the form of some F67 Deavers, with TC 12" shackles. The Truck Shop in San Diego did the install and are great guys that do great work.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
After some much needed paint.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Saved for even more photos
Old 09-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Saved for photos but there is none
Old 09-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
Saved for photos but there is none
Lol. I've been out of town for a month right after I bought the truck. I come home tomm but in my boredom I started a build thread.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #7
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet can't wait
Old 09-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Bought Martha some 3.0"x16" King Race triple bypasses.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Bought Martha some 8" Baja Designs HID lights for the roof. The 5 light bar has 3 driving and 2 spot lights. I'm going to convert one of the spots to driving pattern.

Probably only going to run four since the truck is already tabbed for a 4 light Baja Designs light rack. The extra fab work isn't worth running the extra light to me.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #10
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
subd. cant wait to see how this thing does!! seems like alot of guys are going back to first gens from second gens. must be a sign
Old 10-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #11
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
subd. cant wait to see how this thing does!! seems like alot of guys are going back to first gens from second gens. must be a sign

Beating on a 30k truck and then hoping it takes you to work on Monday is no bueno. Plus they are really heavy and the parts you need for them are HD and more $$$$. But man they are fast and look sexy when they are built. Can't argue with that.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #12
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nope! Anthony dtfs truck is amazing haha. She looks good. You bringing her out to glamis?
Old 10-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #13
triple6 will become famous soon enough

Name: oli
triple6's Tacoma Gallery
I remember seeing this truck for sale happy to see your cleaning it up looks a lot better with those methods ��
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #14
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope! Anthony dtfs truck is amazing haha. She looks good. You bringing her out to glamis?
Probably not to Glamis. I am taking her out next weekend on her initial shakedown run. Hopefully I fixed all the bugs that I have been finding the past few months.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple6 View Post
I remember seeing this truck for sale happy to see your cleaning it up looks a lot better with those methods ��
Thanks man. She needed a lot of TLC but hopefully the worst is taken care of.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few updates pictures of Martha in Lucerne.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #17
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Martha did really well out there but the rear bypasses need to be re-valved softer and I have to add some bypasses to the front.

I just picked up some 2.5"x8" King triple bypasses so next time out the front should be ok. I'm also going to Daystar bumps as suggested by my buddies.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #18
Mas Tequila!!!

So glamis this weekend?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #19
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So glamis this weekend?
Nope I wish. Bypasses aren't installed yet and I really need a skid plate for my oil pan and front differential. I used both as a skid plate this last weekend but luckily no damage.

You headed out there?
Old 10-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #20
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Bought some new King 2.5"x8" triple bypasses from another TW member for the front. Waiting on a UPS package to arrive.