Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SeekingZero - Supercharged Poser Build

Old 11-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
SeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant future

Name: Ben
SeekingZero's Tacoma Gallery
SeekingZero - Supercharged Poser Build

I got this truck in August of 2013. In the past I've owned two '89 4x4's, a single cab short bed and a king cab. They were great trucks and helped to solidify my love for Toyotas. Therefore, when it came time to get another truck, the Tacoma was a no-brainer. I didn't need a truck when I found this one but happened to be looking on CL and found it. It was a deal too good to pass up; single owner, under 100k miles, TRD, SR5, oh and did I mention SUPERCHARGED!

Since I currently spend most of my time in the midwest, this is my build thread of 'functional art'. Eventually, I'll get back out to CA and CO.

AS OF 12/13/14.

AS OF 11/11/14.

CURRENT MOD LIST:

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
3.4L V6 Supercharged
Stock gearing
Auto Trans
Trans Cooler
TRD E-locker Rear
Doug Thorley THY-507-C Headers
Magnaflow Cats (447185 & 447219)
Magnaflow 11225 14" Muffler

SUSPENSION
Old Man Emu 882 front coils
Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport front shocks
Old Man Emu Dakar rear leaf springs
Old Man Emu D6XL Add a leaf (not on currently)
Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport rear shocks
BAMF BPV Relocation Bracket

WHEELS/TIRES
Stock wheels with 265/75-16 BFGoodrich A/T KO's

ARMOR/PROTECTION
DIY Rear Bumper
All-Pro Apex Front Bumper
All-Pro Front Skid

INTERIOR
Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD Receiver
Maglite Clips
Quarter Window Aluminum Latch Pivots
Rostra Lumbar Support Add-in (Kit# 250-1453)

LIGHTING
PIAA 510 Series Super White 4" Driving Lights

EXTERIOR
Leer 100 Series Topper

BONE STOCK - AUGUST 2013

TOPPER ADDITION
Swiped from CL for a cool $350. Somewhere in there I got new tires.

DIY REAR BUMPER

MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST

OME SUSPENSION / ALL-PRO APEX FRONT BUMPER

FUTURE MODS:
URD 7th Injector
Headers (DT or JBA?)
Hi-Flo Cats
SCS F5's or Steelies? w/ 33's
Thule Roof Top Track w/ Rack
Roof Basket for Topper (Rola?)
Rostra Lumbar Support Add-in
Trail Gear Sliders
Add Rear Bumper Protection
Bed Liner
Weathertech Floor Mats
...etc, and so forth.

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
RustyBlue is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
RustyBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Looking Good!

Now entering the Danger Zone!!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Mharmelink is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
Mharmelink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Good!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
(͠◉_◉᷅ )
Delta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 1st gen!

Jealous of the suspension set up! How are you liking it?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
SeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant futureSeekingZero has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBlue View Post
Looking Good!

Now entering the Danger Zone!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mharmelink View Post
Looks Good!
Thanks guys! Danga zone indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta00 View Post
Nice 1st gen!

Jealous of the suspension set up! How are you liking it?
Thanks, nice truck yourself! The suspension is amazing. I've only driven about 150 miles on the new suspension but I can already tell how much nicer of a ride it is. I haven't put in the AAL and I will still see whether or not I will.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
(͠◉_◉᷅ )
Delta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingZero View Post
Thanks guys! Danga zone indeed!

Thanks, nice truck yourself! The suspension is amazing. I've only driven about 150 miles on the new suspension but I can already tell how much nicer of a ride it is. I haven't put in the AAL and I will still see whether or not I will.
Thanks! They're basically the same

I plan on getting the AAL when i get the OME kit for the extra weight in the bed. Any reason for going 882 over 883? I'm still trying to decide upon the two....
Old 11-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks! They're basically the same

I plan on getting the AAL when i get the OME kit for the extra weight in the bed. Any reason for going 882 over 883? I'm still trying to decide upon the two....
I have a feeling I'll end up adding the AAL, especially since I tow my trailer quite often, but I already have a 10" drop on my receiver and don't want to get a new one yet. ...I know, first world problems.

I went with the 882's since I don't plan on getting a winch or any other weight up front anytime soon. I also didn't want to make the ride too stiff since I spend the majority of my time on the road now. ...remember this is a poser build.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
(͠◉_◉᷅ )

Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh, I see. I'm going to have a relentless fab bumper and winch in the future so I think I'm set for 883. I plan on running a 10mm jeep JK spacer on the front to account for the AAL in the back..

Did you end up using the trim packer with your suspension?
Old 11-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Ahh, I see. I'm going to have a relentless fab bumper and winch in the future so I think I'm set for 883. I plan on running a 10mm jeep JK spacer on the front to account for the AAL in the back..

Did you end up using the trim packer with your suspension?
The kit I ordered from Cruiser Outfitters includes a 5mm spacer and after talking to the guys there, I'm pretty sure they would have subbed in the 10mm if I need it.

I'm not running the trim spacer now though. I read through the OME thread on here before I bought. Well worth the time to get everyone's thoughts and set ups.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
(͠◉_◉᷅ )

Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I've read through that thread multiple times. I've been looking into the OME kit for about 4 months. I think I have everything that I need in mind. I'll order around December! How's your rear axle? Was it moved forward with the dakars?
Old 11-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Yeah, I've read through that thread multiple times. I've been looking into the OME kit for about 4 months. I think I have everything that I need in mind. I'll order around December! How's your rear axle? Was it moved forward with the dakars?
If it has moved forward, I haven't noticed it. I didn't measure before and after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
Sweet truck!
Thanks!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #13
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How's your rear axle? Was it moved forward with the dakars?
Adam (Boxrocket) still had to use an axle relocation plate on his full OME set up. I ordered one from All Pro to ship with my UCA's

/thread jack
Old 11-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #14
(͠◉_◉᷅ )

Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Adam (Boxrocket) still had to use an axle relocation plate on his full OME set up. I ordered one from All Pro to ship with my UCA's

/thread jack
Hmmm... Dang, take pics when you install yours! Mini block lift lol.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #15

Quote:

/thread jack
Ya, looks like he ran it like that for a couple years before he did anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
It's a common thing for the axle to move forward slightly with the Dakars. Mine did and so have lots of others. I ran mine like that for a couple years before I did anything about it. I used some axle relocation plates from 4Crawler.com to re-center the axle.

Also, rather than relying on the + - to determine the direction the springs are installed, just make sure the military wrap (double wrapped eye) of the spring is at the frame end, and not the shackle end.
LINK
Old 11-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #16
(͠◉_◉᷅ )

Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingZero View Post
Ya, looks like he ran it like that for a couple years before he did anything about it.

LINK
Sweet! Yeah, i'll see how much it moves forward and probably run it for a bit that way...
Old 11-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #17

This weekend I decided to do some more work to the truck. I replaced the 6 year old battery with an 800 CCA Optima Red Top, changed my front markers to amber lights while replacing a blown one, replaced the wiper blades, and got new sway bar links and bushings.

I was on to the last part there, got the truck jacked up, and look what I found.

Damnit.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #18
(͠◉_◉᷅ )

Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Blowing a CV is pretty common with lifts. Have you gotten a diff drop?
Old 11-16-2014, 12:15 AM   #19
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not going to add a diff drop. I would rather blow a CV than kill my diff/engine like mjp2 did!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #20

Quote:
The CV isn't blown...and no tear in the boot. The boot was just pulled up and allowed grease to come out. I cleaned it up, pulled it back down as best I could and put a hose clamp on it.

Probably a temporary solution at best until I can get a diff drop or possibly new CV's (then I could do the boot mod). However, I don't know much about a diff drop and have heard it argued for and against, so I'll have to do research on that.