Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SilverGhost Rises

Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
SilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 7th Esb 1st FSSG
Name: RayRay
SilverGhost's Tacoma Gallery
SilverGhost Rises

So to began my build I decided to post some things I've already done.

This is my 02 prerunner. With a 3RZ engine. Auto tranny.
This is the only pic I have before I started changing the body work.

Replaced my cylinder head, head gasket and timing chain.

Replaced the Radiator Core Support.

Built a front and rear bumper.
Built sliders.
Replaced the grill.
Added a Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio.
Replaced my cracked exhaust manifold with LC Engineering long tube headers.

For my future projects I'm planning on doing a long travel build. Just because I like the way it looks.
Thanks to Cr250jumper, jberry813, EL ROJO and Conman117 for all the help and info they have provided me with.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
SilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I decided to fab up a rear bumper to match the front. Running around with a front steel bumper and chrome rear got old.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
First!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #4

^^^^ hahaha! and welcome!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #5
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 01-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #6

Decided to take on the slider build. I got some .120 wall. Had the bends done at RTI. I ran into a few issues with build ing them. They where a little short so I cut and added some more pipe to extend them. I got them closer to the length that i wanted.

I made separate mounting sections that I welded to the frame. The sliders slide over them and get bolted on.

I also plasti-dipped the wheels too... why not I guess.

I had a plate laser cut with tacoma in it to just be different. I also decided I'm going to plate the rest of the sections of the sliders when get around to it.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Needs 4wd. Unsubbed

Apparently, this makes everyone OK --->

At least that's what I've been told.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #8

Old 01-24-2015, 09:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
Needs 4wd. Unsubbed

Apparently, this makes everyone OK --->

At least that's what I've been told.
Your just jealous I have a double cab . Welcome Brett.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #11
Capt'n Planet Mofo
ebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: E-6
Name: Brandon
ebbs15's Tacoma Gallery
Bout damn time!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #12

This is where I decide to mount my CB antenna. Thanks to Brian for helping me grounding it better. Thanks to Gramps for letting me borrow his SWR to tune it. We will see if the antenna is to close to windshield when I actually take it wheeling.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Welcome buddy! How's that winch kit doing for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Bout damn time!
I know right.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #14

The most current project I'm doing are the fenders and bedsides. Im having them LineX sprayed on the inside to make them more durable to help prevent cracking in the fiberglass. I should get them on monday and update pics. When I get the $$$ i'll have them vinyl wrapped satin black.

I also cut the rear bedsides to flare upward. Used a grinder and cutting wheel.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #15
BudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BudMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
Welcome buddy! How's that winch kit doing for ya?
It's awesome, thanks again! I guess its a good thing I haven't had to use it Definitely nice to have for some good ol open open winch-less wheelin.

Nice fab work!!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #16

This is the first thing I ever Fab up and welded. I usually start with cardboard then transfer the cardboard to foam board. After I figure out all the angles I transfer it to steel and weld it up, grind it, bondo the imperfections, paint and done.

I also replaced the headlights too because they where all fogged up.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Subbed
Welcome and thanks for helping me getting the link on my sig.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #18
"old Brett", Tour Guide
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed!
About time.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #19
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Shootgun for first jumping run.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:42 AM   #20
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Shootgun for first jumping run.
Custom dictates that privilege goes to the first to respond in the build thread.