Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

luxes build

Old 08-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
luxes build

now:

everyone else has one
so why not me
start out with a completely stock (other than the bfg AT ko's, tool box, and 4' firestick anntenna) 1998 toyota 4wd
no pics of it when i bought it

first mod was move the cb from just wedged between the seats to under a new pioneer deh-1900mp cd player and a new whip cb anntenna (cuz i broke the firestik )
cost 135$

next was a class 2 reciever hitch i got from my mom as a birthday present
it was destroyed on jan 22 09 by a white lincon going under me in my first wreck ever

drove it around like that for about 6 months intill i got some new 31x10.50xr15 defenity dakota M/T's

then shortly after that i made a 1/2 inch body lift (front) and 3/8 inch body lift (rear) to help get the tailgate off the rear bumper and to level out the body lines

wreck 1/22/09 3 car collision lincoln ls rear ended me and pushed me into a 89 ford mustang
(sorry no pics)
had a custom black SR5 decal made

then bought wheelers type b black powercoated rims (used) cost $150 from tigerfan00

cont. tomarrow

ummm what was next??
oh yea deck plate and rear dif breather mod and valve cover gasket replacement

then a warn transformer brushgaurd (kinda wish i got a arb instead)

the next day i skiped school and bought some cheapo 25$ lights for it

black taillight mod

ruined the cheapo 25$ lights doing this

had to drain out all the water and rewire the lights so they will work again

then i got a package from automatcentral

55 watt lights, sweet

installed

went out and bought 9 cans of black spray paint and scraped the crap off from my frame and painted the frame, wheel wells, rear axle, and front skid plate

and what paint i had left over i did the BHLM (yes on a 98) and blacked out my corner lamps to mach

(not shure if i like the BHLM yet i might take it back appart and sand the black off)
painted the front toyota symbol completely red

didnt really like it like that so i went red and chrome (much better IMO)

***wreck #2

easy fix for me

while i had the bumper off i decided to "trim" it up a lil for more ground clearence

and thats it for now
will add more when i add more mods to her

notice somthing new???

you can also see i blacked out the amber lendses on my corner lamps and tinted my turn signals
audio upgrade:

from this

to this

and new pioneer 6 1/2 door speakers no pics

damn
thats what happens when you forget where the wire goes for the aux plug hot all the time mod

so i redid it the right way

don't worry i didn't leave those wires exposed ,thats where the relay was for the aux plugs and it is now the relay for my lights i have on my bumper. (i have 2 switches for them) one switch is the hi-beam switch with the headlight and the other switch wired parallel to the high beam switch so i can run my high-beams without the lights.

a more up to date pic of my taco

and yes that is a BHLM you see ,and yes it didnt turn out so hot

but it's kinda growing on me

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!
nah just doing ALOT of body work and painting

teaser

it defiantly doesn't look professional but it looks 100X better than it did

from this

to this

and then

yes i did the cab first and kept it like that for a week because of business and weather and yea those are purple spots on the bed and they were on the cab and pass side door and tailgate

the paint i used to cover it up did a great job i think any way

like it?
CRAP!!

at least it happened on this tire and not one of the new ones

the other Dakota tire started leaking around the rim the day before , i guess its time for some new tires and a alignment

had to rob 2 tires off the 86 (you get a little sneak peek of the freshly painted rims)

and to cheer myself up i went and did a lil wheelin

and who says IFS cant flex???
stuffed

full droop (actually off the ground)

MAJOR (and minor) updates

BIGGEST!!!!!!!!
lost this crap

(note my awesome car ramps)

and on with this (when i picked it up from 07NavyTaco i raced home and put it on which was at like 10pm?)

it looked like that for a few days until i picked up some bed liner and some new mounting hardware. i took it up to my dads place (pretty much a fully equipped shop) and took it off and bed lined it, reinstalled the winch with grade 8 bolts (you can never overbuild, a great rule to go by ),relocate the winch control box on the firewall beside the piper motor, installed my off road lights and fixed the bent flair lead mount.

also while i was at pops shop i redid the front cross member (for the skid) my first one didn't hold up too well. its just a piece of angle iron bolted to the frame, nothing special, but should be documented.

new to me power steering pump because i was tired of no power steering (thanks yoda1999 )
new to me 01-04 tacoma tail lights (thanks MMyota)
rebed lined my tool box
rebuilt passengers side locking hub (now i need the drivers side done)
new to me headlights (thank you XxTHe FioLOxX)
new to me plastic bumper things (thanks jrich44)
new to me a/c control and cables (junkyard)
new clutch master cylinder (old one died)
test fitted the 01 hood and damn it looks good

shit i wish it fit that good
no gap

a good 7/16th gap

the 86 was a good table though
Old 08-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
im a little gay boy that is supper jellous of higherlux's supper sexy NOT gay truck
i wish i had a sweet first gen like his
id do ANYTHING for one
i wish i had a 4wd too
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Sweet!
thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
haha im actualy thinking about gettin a 01 extended cab 4wd soon...my dads job isnt looking too steady
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #7

Quote:
haha im actualy thinking about gettin a 01 extended cab 4wd soon...my dads job isnt looking too steady
nah screw that
get a 98 like mine
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
nah screw that
get a 98 like mine
the dealer has it sitting on the lot right now
Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #9

Quote:
the dealer has it sitting on the lot right now
well go for it
Old 08-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Quote:
well go for it
well only if my dad does get laid off
Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
well only if my dad does get laid off
but its a cheaper upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Looks good!
thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #13
Uhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Uhaul-n-azz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
Quote:
but its a cheaper upgrade

thanks
haha i really want it...it would be so pimp
Old 08-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhaul-n-azz View Post
Nice!!
haha thanks
Quote:
haha i really want it...it would be so pimp
se if ur dad will let ya get it anyway
Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
Quote:
haha thanks

se if ur dad will let ya get it anyway
i dont even want to ask
Old 08-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #17

Quote:
i dont even want to ask
y not?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
nice.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
Quote:
y not?
he dosnt want me to even get tires for $200 i have to get good grades
Old 08-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #20

we get good grades damnit