Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

01Tacoprerunner's Build

Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
01Tacoprerunner's Build

Update

Went to URE, a while back:

Plastidipped my grill

Hit 200k:

Got a Softtopper:

4wd Conversion is complete, tested it out today, already broke a cv axle glad I have Manual hubs!

4wd conversion: Picked up another transmission yesterday, and today I worked on cleaning up my driveshafts, and greased them and replaced a few grease fittings. Then I painted my 4wd center console, turned out pretty good!

Locked and Lifted Prerunner

Update: Installed Powertrax No-slip locker!!! And Bilstein 5100s at 2.5" front and greaseable shackle and 5100s in the rear.

In URE Wheeling, you can see my m/t tires and my budbuilt skids

Figured id start one. I bought it December 5th of 2008, with 116,405 miles on her (dont know why i remember that??). She is a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner 4 cyl 2.7 L. Automatic. With crank windows and no power locks, and no Cruise Control.

A few days after i got it. dont think it has been that clean since.

First mod was a Few Stickers

Second mod was a Westin Bull Bar, A Christmas present from my dad and mom.

Christmas Morning we installed it, me and my dad

Then i installed the CB radio

and the 102" whip

Sometime in there i installed some lights on my Bull bar, Just cheap lights

O and the Rebel Flag plate

Then i painted my rims graphite.

My buddy helped me paint them.

O and i did the dent in the bumper mod too ahahaha

My most recent mod Uws Toolbox

and you can see my stickers +15 hp a piece

I need to install my 102" whip on the toolbox but i just havent got around to it.

Future mods
Powertrax Locker Just order this yesterday.
Sliders
Coilovers
AAL
4WD conversion someday.......hopefully
Old 11-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No comments?? Come on guys, give me something!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Cool truck!!!! Welcome to the club of no power anything!!! HAHA!! Im about to get some 16'' rims off a 09 tacoma this Sunday. I thought about painting my stock rims but Im just not good at painting stuff and talked myself out of it. What size tires do you have? Because I know my 265/75/15's are like trying to turn blocks on my 4banger. I have this issue of I want big tires but dont like the lack of power that comes with the 2.7l.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
if anyone ever comments on the manual windows, i tell them its to cut down on weight for increased performance
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Looks good!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Cool truck!!!! Welcome to the club of no power anything!!! HAHA!! Im about to get some 16'' rims off a 09 tacoma this Sunday. I thought about painting my stock rims but Im just not good at painting stuff and talked myself out of it. What size tires do you have? Because I know my 265/75/15's are like trying to turn blocks on my 4banger. I have this issue of I want big tires but dont like the lack of power that comes with the 2.7l.
They are easy to paint, its not hard. I have 265/70/r16. I want some 265/75/r16, but they are so dang expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
if anyone ever comments on the manual windows, i tell them its to cut down on weight for increased performance
hahahahaha THat is so funny, going in my sig.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
wow sweet 19 posts and I'm already in a sig. i like this place
Old 11-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear that!!! Keep them coming!! Do you have any more pics.?? I have the dent in bumper mod too. HAHA!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
wow sweet 19 posts and I'm already in a sig. i like this place
Yea Tacomaworld is pretty awesome, I am a part of Ttora but over there they are search Nazi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Glad to hear that!!! Keep them coming!! Do you have any more pics.?? I have the dent in bumper mod too. HAHA!!!
I see if i can find anymore. Do you want to know how to paint them i did another thread on them ill see if i can find it.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-tomorrow.html
Old 11-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #10

Just a little update. and i wanted to bump this up

I checked my brakes today, they were good. but the brake drums on the back are hard as crap to get off.
Then i lubed my shaft. hahaha Greased my Driveshaft, hopefully will get rid of the squeek from it.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good Brian.............especially the front tag!

you gotta come down soon and get this antenna im holding for ya.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Just a little update. and i wanted to bump this up

I checked my brakes today, they were good. but the brake drums on the back are hard as crap to get off.
Then i lubed my shaft. hahaha Greased my Driveshaft, hopefully will get rid of the squeek from it.
You lubed your shaft, huh? How long did it take ya?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
truck looks good Brian.............especially the front tag!

you gotta come down soon and get this antenna im holding for ya.
Thanks Will, Yea man i do gotta get down there sometime, maybe one day when im on christmas break from school. Cause right now im just too bogged down with school and work. And i got exams soon. But you wanna just trade antennas, i got this 102" whip just sitting in the garage, it probably needs a spring though, i just never bought one for it.

Quote:
You lubed your shaft, huh? How long did it take ya?
Yea it only took like 25 minutes. Had to get a new tube of grease, used all i had hahaha
Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Will, Yea man i do gotta get down there sometime, maybe one day when im on christmas break from school. Cause right now im just too bogged down with school and work. And i got exams soon. But you wanna just trade antennas, i got this 102" whip just sitting in the garage, it probably needs a spring though, i just never bought one for it.
like i said before bro....i'll just give ya the antenna. if you really dont want the 102 incher.....i'll take it.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yea it only took like 25 minutes. Had to get a new tube of grease, used all i had hahaha
Gotcha... I was being a smartass...

In all seriousness, where did you grease it at?
Old 11-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #16

Quote:
like i said before bro....i'll just give ya the antenna. if you really dont want the 102 incher.....i'll take it.
your awesome bro. yea i dont really need the 102" so you can have it. I like the way it looks but where i park at uncc i park in parking deck and its just inconvient, so if i put it back on there it wouldnt be for like 3 years so you can have it.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #17

Quote:
your awesome bro. yea i dont really need the 102" so you can have it. I like the way it looks but where i park at uncc i park in parking deck and its just inconvient, so if i put it back on there it wouldnt be for like 3 years so you can have it.
well man......since you do plan on using it in the near future....just hold on to it........you can have this one i have until then....and then maybe give it to someone else who needs it.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Gotcha... I was being a smartass...

In all seriousness, where did you grease it at?
haha...i kinda figured you were....there are 6 grease fitting on it one at the trans...3 in the middle...then 2 back at the axle...some of the fitting are hard to get at. and i would clean them before you try to grease them...it was hard to get the grease to go in before we cleaned them.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha...i kinda figured you were....there are 6 grease fitting on it one at the trans...3 in the middle...then 2 back at the axle...some of the fitting are hard to get at. and i would clean them before you try to grease them...it was hard to get the grease to go in before we cleaned them.
Gotcha... I'm assuming it's gonna be a bit different on the 2nd gens, but same concept.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #20

Quote:
well man......since you do plan on using it in the near future....just hold on to it........you can have this one i have until then....and then maybe give it to someone else who needs it.
Ok man...Thanks again