Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

It's the Gr8WhiteTaco build Charlie Brown!!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
It's the Gr8WhiteTaco build Charlie Brown!!

Holy Crud it donned on me that I have yet to make a build page on here.

Well here we go....
In the beginning, I had a '81 Chevy C10 but it blew up so I traded it in for the Taco. Yay.
When I first got it, it was bone stock except for the TRD Sport rims.
Here's a pic from when I first got it.

Its a 2002 4x4 TRD Double Cab v6 auto.
The 1st thing I did to it was the installation of the Injen CAI.

I really like because it helped out with MPG, throttle responsiveness, and a lil HP. Also it whistles like a turbo

The next thing I did was the Westin Grille Guard, I wanted the All Pro bumper but dad wouldn't let me. While I was at it, I threw on some Hella 500's.

After that, one of my friends gave me an old flowmaster so I had it installed. Single in/ dual out.
thats all I'm gonna post for now but there's more to be covered.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. cant wait to see it and the minimeet
Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks man. i wish it looked as good as it did in some of these pics bc now its wrecked...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
bishes love my haircut

my next mod was a lift. I got the front Bilstein 5100's and set 'em at 2.5"

I'm really glad that I got them instead of a spacer lift, but now I need to level the rear out.

The wreck....
This had to be one of the most sickening experiences ever....
Pics from the morning after it:

After a few days of me and dad beating on it and working on it:

Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
bishes love my haircut

Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Dang that sucks. Glad your ok. What made you lose control.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
bishes love my haircut

Well one night last november, me n my friend drove up to knoxville and on the way back it started raining. Well I had the BFG Long Fails on it which were slick so I was driving over a bridge on the interstate and just some started sliding and lost control. (refer to graphic rep). Luckily no one else got involved or hurt. It was only by the grace of God that we didn't end up on the bottom of the Tennessee River.But we were able to drive it home though so I got pretty dang lucky. It still scares the piss out of me to drive over that bridge.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
bishes love my haircut

Just got my BeefedTaco Lift shackles in so now I've gotta get shocks, bushings, and possibly extended brake lines. Thanks for the shackles Brian!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
dang!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
bishes love my haircut

UPDATE:
Ok I've finally got some post worthy stuff done to my truck so here's what up.
The other day I was sitting around with nothing to do so I decide to take my mudflaps off just to get a cleaner look.

Also I finally got my BeefedTaco +2" rear shackles and Bilstein 5100's installed over at TopGunCustomz in Alcoa, Tn. I haven't really had the chance to test the new stuff out so I'll update about how it handles later. All I have are these crappy cell pics but I'll get some better ones this weekend.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Chop those exhaust tips off
Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
bishes love my haircut

I know.... Right now a hanger is broke so they're hanger lower than they should be but I'm thinking bout dumping after axle.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That would give it a cleaner look. I say go with that!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
bishes love my haircut

Yeah I have no idea what I was thinking when I had those installed.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #15
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
UPDATE:
Ok I've finally got some post worthy stuff done to my truck so here's what up.
The other day I was sitting around with nothing to do so I decide to take my mudflaps off just to get a cleaner look.

Also I finally got my BeefedTaco +2" rear shackles and Bilstein 5100's installed over at TopGunCustomz in Alcoa, Tn. I haven't really had the chance to test the new stuff out so I'll update about how it handles later. All I have are these crappy cell pics but I'll get some better ones this weekend.
Sweet dude! I haven't seen this post until now. Your pics on FB are nice. Your truck's looking better every time I see it. Thanks for the plug too Aaron!

I noticed the nuts on the shackles are facing inward, and recently added to my install instructions to slip them in so the nuts are on the outside, but you may have gotten a set of old instructions, so just check to make sure that they have some room between them and the spare tire, and that your spare tire is centered nicely. That area is is close tolerance. Just make sure there's at least about 1.5" between the spare & shackle nut/threads. Can't wait to see more pics! Thanks Aaron.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
bishes love my haircut

Been awhile since I've updated this thread. Nothing much has really been changed on the truck in the past year. Ditched the brush guard a LONG time ago, looking for a way to mount my Hella's, and just removed my running boards yesterday. Never noticed how ugly it looked with the boards. Here's what it looks like right now.

So what's some good ideas on how to mount two Hella 500's? I'm thinking about cutting out some of the vertical slats in the grill and mounting where the slats are.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #18
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to take off my running boards, when its full on spring, goodbye.

Mna I had the same kind of thing happen to me on the highway, slid to the left through to the other lane. Thank the good lord no one was coming because it would have been major.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
I got a write up on mounting some hella 500s right in front of the grill I'll send it to ya if I can find it.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #20
bishes love my haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Nice Taco man!
Thank ya sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
I can't wait to take off my running boards, when its full on spring, goodbye.

Mna I had the same kind of thing happen to me on the highway, slid to the left through to the other lane. Thank the good lord no one was coming because it would have been major.
Loosing my boards was probably my favorite free mod that I've done. It makes my truck look higher and "smoother". I've been getting a kick out of everyone climbing into the cab now because they're all like "Did you lift your truck again?" and "Is your truck higher?" Now I just need to get some sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
I got a write up on mounting some hella 500s right in front of the grill I'll send it to ya if I can find it.
I know what your talking about, like drilling through the upper valence? I don't wanna screw up a perfectly good valence compared to drilling and cutting my busted up grill.

Well guys looks like I'm gonna have to buy some 02 sensors