Notices

DD03SR5's build

Old 03-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #41
DD03SR5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Nice truck! I'm of your tires and sliders!
Thanks man your truck looks awesome i need to paint my grille and bumpers like you!

Still thinking of getting A front plate bumper. not sure on what im going to get yet. Leaning towards the allpro apex.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #42
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have plans to do sliders exactly like yours! Now that I know how they look installed on a truck I can go ahead and get the steel to start fabbing these up.

Sweet rig man! Good luck with that TRD axle swap. Did the same thing to mine. I love it!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #43
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD03SR5 View Post
Thanks man your truck looks awesome i need to paint my grille and bumpers like you!

Still thinking of getting A front plate bumper. not sure on what im going to get yet. Leaning towards the allpro apex.
I like the Apex, but I like the ELITE just a little bit better! Haha
Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #44

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
I have plans to do sliders exactly like yours! Now that I know how they look installed on a truck I can go ahead and get the steel to start fabbing these up.

Sweet rig man! Good luck with that TRD axle swap. Did the same thing to mine. I love it!
yeah im kinda nervous for the wiring on the axle swap. any recommendations before i start.
The sliders are awesome now that i have them on and i really like the look of the hybrid design

Quote:
I like the Apex, but I like the ELITE just a little bit better! Haha
yeah those are the 2 that im stuck between not sure what the turnaround on the elite is. plus i have to get it shipped up to the border. im in the great white north
Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #45
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The first time I wired my locker up I followed a write up over on yotatech.com. It worked fine for a few months but about 3 weeks ago, I engaged it and for some reason the locker would not disengaged. I fumbled with it for about 30 or so minutes and finally gave up. Fortunately after about .5 mile the locker "clicked" out and I was fine. I haven't used it since. (the only reason I went with this method was so I could get the factory button and light on the dash to work, however I wasn't able to get either or these to function with this particular method)

I have been doing some research and I have come across another company that makes a complete "diff to dash" wiring harness. While the looks of it might be ugly as a red headed step child, the functionality seems legit. The fact that it is a complete diff to dash set up is nice because you don't have to worry about a potential splice gone bad somewhere in your harness.

Here is a link to the product:

http://www.12voltguy.com/TOYOTA-E-LO...GLE-PANEL.html

I haven't personally had any experience with it but from what I've read he doesn't disappoint. While the $145 price tag is a bit much, I feel like the product will be more than worth that in the end. The face plate itself costs $45 then you have the option of buying the harness that connects the diff to the dash piece for an additional $100. If I'm not mistaken, the lengths of those are 12',15', or 17.5' or whatever length you request. Now it's not required to get the kit but if you don't have the wiring harness like I did, I would probably recommend getting it all that way the two pieces that are designed to work in conjunction with each other can. That's just my :two cents:

Good luck with the install. Hope it goes smoothly for ya.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #46

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the only reason i want to wire it myself is so i can use the stock push button! i think the way i saw on yotatech looks pretty simple! might not be a wiring issue, might be the locking gear sticking in the collar a bit, or something with the end switch?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #47

i don't know for certain. could be
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #48
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd

Sweet looking truck man, I love those sliders.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #49

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
sub'd

Sweet looking truck man, I love those sliders.
Thanks man! My first fab project since high school, and I love how they turned out
Old 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #50
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks man! My first fab project since high school, and I love how they turned out
Thats next on my list to fab up. probably just like yours
Old 04-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #51

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
took the winter wheels off today. I left the spacers on to see what it looked like. Never should have done that, it looks sweet< probably will kill my wheel bearings and i doubt i could stuff them. I think im going to take them off tomorrow. I do like the look without the center caps though.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #52
'MERICA

Lookin good man! ^^^
Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #53

I second that! Just can't beat the aggressiveness of the KM2's
Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #54

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Lookin good man! ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
I second that! Just can't beat the aggressiveness of the KM2's
thanks guys! i love the km2's most likely will get another set when these are worn out.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #55

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Went for a ride the other day, nothing new other than I took the spacers off.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #56

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Painted my grille today, I used scotch brite to scuff up the chrome. 2 coats of adhesion promoter. And then 3 coats of satin black bumper enamel. I think it turned it pretty good.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #57
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I need to repaint my grille. It wasn't prepped correctly the first time. I'm going the same route as you escpet I'm going to attempt to colormatch it...
Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #58

DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I need to repaint my grille. It wasn't prepped correctly the first time. I'm going the same route as you escpet I'm going to attempt to colormatch it...
yeah i was about to get a colour matched spray bomb, my sliders and flares aren't matched and if i get bumpers they will be satin black so im going to stick with that theme
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #59

Quote:
yeah i was about to get a colour matched spray bomb, my sliders and flares aren't matched and if i get bumpers they will be satin black so im going to stick with that theme
Yeah, my flares are bedlined but I can't decide if I want do bedline my future armor or just paint them with the satin black.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #60
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!

I love those rims....