Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

only_K's 1st Gen. Build

Old 03-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Talking only_K's 1st Gen. Build

Ok. Im Kevin and I have a 1999 Tacoma PreRunner 3.4L V6 TRD OffRoad Package. Here is what it looks like.

The day that i brought it home sometime in May of 09'. It had 140k miles on it but it was in great condition.

I then put in a system and tinted the windows. 5% on the rears and 40% on the fronts
Pioneer sub, Pioneer deck, Pioneer 4-way speakers in all four spots.

Pioneer Deck

Tint

I then got a Magellan RoadMate GPS, a Magnaflow exhaust, and a CB radio.

GPS

5 x 8 x 14 Magnaflow Exhaust(its just clamped on for now until i weld it on)

Then i Put on the antenna and PA speaker for the CB. I also got new taillights and i installed spidertrax 1.5" spacers

Cobra CB

PA speaker

I also painted my center caps black and i tinted the orange part of my headlight corners and my turn signals.

Center caps(came out better than i thought)

Tinted headlights and turn signals

I then put on Hella 500FF fog lights behind the Grille. I also put fog lights in the bumper(not pictured)

Hellas

HIDs 5000k

Finally got to put on the 5100's

Set at highest setting

Painted some 2nd gen badges i got from another user.

I know this isnt how they go, but i wanted them this way.

I had an extra "Toyota" so i put it here

After minutes of debating i painted my grille black. Also took the hellas out from behind the grill. I could never aim them properly because there wasn't enough room

As it sits right now with a 2" AAL and billies at 2.5". I got tired of the CB antenna, so i took it off.

Well thank you for viewing my build! Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Pink Taco Lover
sonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud of
sonjason's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig man... I love the 1st gen's.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjason View Post
Nice rig man... I love the 1st gen's.
Thanks! I love them too haha.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you've been busy, seeing as how you bought it in september. looks good man
Old 03-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
looks like you've been busy, seeing as how you bought it in september. looks good man
Oops i accidentally put in september; i guess i wasnt thinking. I actually got it in May of 09. My bad, but thanks for the input!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Hey man nice build up

Check out my build. You might try putting your CB radio where i have mine.
A link to my build is in my sig.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #7
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Hey man nice build up

Check out my build. You might try putting your CB radio where i have mine.
A link to my build is in my sig.
yea i saw that and i liked how you did it. did you have to cut into the dash? I really like that setup.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #8
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Yay got my HIDs! they are 5000k 35w. Just the bulb and ballast.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #9
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
how do your HIDs work with your truck? i was thinking about getting some but heard they do not work well with 98-00 year tacomas.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
how do your HIDs work with your truck? i was thinking about getting some but heard they do not work well with 98-00 year tacomas.
They work just like any other HID. I have the bulb and ballast just like everyone else. Juat make sure you get the right size.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
They work just like any other HID. I have the bulb and ballast just like everyone else. Juat make sure you get the right size.
sorry i misworded my question. i have heard that the 98-00 year tacomas headlights, specifically the lenses do not work well with HIDs and blind oncoming drivers. someone suggested getting some clear headlights off ebay if i wanted to get HIDs. i was wondering how the HIDs perform in your truck.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
sorry i misworded my question. i have heard that the 98-00 year tacomas headlights, specifically the lenses do not work well with HIDs and blind oncoming drivers. someone suggested getting some clear headlights off ebay if i wanted to get HIDs. i was wondering how the HIDs perform in your truck.
Since iv'e had them on i have never had anyone toss their high beams at me. They work very well. much brighter than my old sylvania golds. Mine have a guard on the bottom of them which helps the light pattern stay low.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
yea i saw that and i liked how you did it. did you have to cut into the dash? I really like that setup.
Back behind the cup holder a little bit, but its unnoticeable if you put the ashtray back in nobody would ever know it was there
Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
1st Gen. Pride

only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got to put on the 5100's

Set at highest setting

Painted some 2nd gen badges i got from another user.

I know this isnt how they go, but i wanted them this way.

I had an extra "Toyota" so i put it here

After minutes of debating i painted my grille black. Also took the hellas out from behind the grill. I could never aim them properly because there wasn't enough room

Old 11-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #15
Lil Hulk98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
Lil Hulk98's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck man
Old 11-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #18
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck man, good year too! I will also be putting on my 5100s this weekend.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #19
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build!
Where did you get your PA speaker for the CB??
I've been looking around for a decent one.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build!