Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Matt's Long Travel Prerunner build

Old 03-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #1441
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
thanks dude, saw that. i'm dying to get out of ventura county though... that's why I didn't apply there

enjoy those lap belts... I only used them like twice when I was naked
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #1442
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
looks like ol red made a trip to the dunes
Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #1443
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
hey matt what website do you use to let you knwo which departments are hiring?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #1444
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
looks like ol red made a trip to the dunes
she's looking good!!! where'd you see the pic?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #1445
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
hey matt what website do you use to let you knwo which departments are hiring?
check out these sites

calopps.org
usajobs.gov
governmentjobs.com
Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #1446
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #1447
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
she's looking good!!! where'd you see the pic?
on his fb...i asked him how she did mainly the new valving but im awaiting a reply

edit: just talked to him...he said it was real smooth and did well..never even got stuck with the bfg's in the back
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
on his fb...i asked him how she did mainly the new valving but im awaiting a reply

edit: just talked to him...he said it was real smooth and did well..never even got stuck with the bfg's in the back
nice!!! glad the valving turned out well. when i sold it to him i told him to take the ball grabbers off the rear and throw on the BFGs when he goes to pismo. i knew that would make a huge difference. i'm stoked he's enjoying the truck
Old 04-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #1449
Offroad Legion
Shaners is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Shaners's Tacoma Gallery
Yea man, the truck handle really well. I changed out the grabbers with the bfgs, dropped to 10 psi in back and 15 psi in front and I had no slippage at all. I bought a recovery strap for nothing Haha I think I will keep it still...lol
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaners View Post
Yea man, the truck handle really well. I changed out the grabbers with the bfgs, dropped to 10 psi in back and 15 psi in front and I had no slippage at all. I bought a recovery strap for nothing Haha I think I will keep it still...lol
that's great Shane! glad to hear big red is treating you well. post up some pics!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #1451
Offroad Legion

Shaners's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of wrench did u use to get to those bolts you were telling me to check after a trip? Nothing I have have fits under there, I have to make a run to the store to buy one that works. Visually they look tight but I just want to be on the safe side.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #1452

Quote:
What kind of wrench did u use to get to those bolts you were telling me to check after a trip? Nothing I have have fits under there, I have to make a run to the store to buy one that works. Visually they look tight but I just want to be on the safe side.
I forget what size socket it is... But youll have to jack the truck up and take the wheels off. Might even need to turn the steering wheel to full lock both ways to get at all 4 bolts on both sides. Check the big castle nut thats in the lower arm too... While you're at it you should check the motor and trans bolts and u bolts too.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #1453
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I forget what size socket it is... But youll have to jack the truck up and take the wheels off. Might even need to turn the steering wheel to full lock both ways to get at all 4 bolts on both sides. Check the big castle nut thats in the lower arm too... While you're at it you should check the motor and trans bolts and u bolts too.
14mm.
Make sure to lock the steering wheel when you're torquing or it's real easy to overtorque the bolt and snap it. Don't ask me why I know this
Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #1454
Offroad Legion

Shaners's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool, any idea on how much to torque everything to? I know I torqued my hubs at around 90 to 100.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #1455
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok cool, any idea on how much to torque everything to? I know I torqued my hubs at around 90 to 100.
The four LBJ bolts are 59 ft-lbs
Suspension torque specifications attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf torspe.pdf (15.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #1456
Offroad Legion

Shaners's Tacoma Gallery
Alright thanks a lot for all the info. I'm gonna have to set aside some time this weekend for some wrenching.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #1457
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright thanks a lot for all the info. I'm gonna have to set aside some time this weekend for some wrenching.
Welcome to TW man! U got urself a nice truck man! Hope to see ya at pismo or dez sometime.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #1458
Offroad Legion

Shaners's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, yea I know Matt did a great build on this truck. It's a really clean truck. I was out at pismo this weekend, didn't see any fellow LT Tacomas but saw a couple LT rangers. We need to do a pismo meet or something. I will be out at Huckfest again this year you guys should all go.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #1459
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, yea I know Matt did a great build on this truck. It's a really clean truck. I was out at pismo this weekend, didn't see any fellow LT Tacomas but saw a couple LT rangers. We need to do a pismo meet or something. I will be out at Huckfest again this year you guys should all go.
im sure a small pismo meet will happen soon
Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #1460
Offroad Legion

Shaners's Tacoma Gallery
If not, there is always huckfest in August!