Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Matt's Long Travel Prerunner build

Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Matt's Long Travel Prerunner build

HOW IT SITS AS OF NOV 2012

A BREIF LIST OF MODS:

Total Chaos Long Travel Kit
Total Chaos spindle gussets
Total Chaos coil bucket gussets
Total Chaos heim steering
Total Chaos alignment cam gussets
Total Chaos steering rack and bushing kit
Total Chaos secondary shock hoops
Total Chaos spindle gussets
Inverted Daystar EVS bumps stops
All Pro Baja Leafs 50T
Icon Vehicle Dynamics 9" coilovers
Eibach 18" 550# coil springs
King 2.5 16" triple bypasses
King 2.0 4" air bumps
Glassworks 4.5 fenders
Glassworks 4.5 bedsides
Trailgear frame boxing and frame plate kits
Total Chaos knock off 12" shackles, TC spring hangers, u bolt plates, shackle gussets
DDM HID headlights
All Pro 1.5" wheel spacers (rear)
American Racing 16" Mojave Teflon wheels
General Grabber 285/75/16
AFE Pro Dry S cold air intake
Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop bracket
Crow lap belts
Dirty D Fab front bumper w/ LCA front mount cross brace
FRONTLINE FABRICATION bedcage w/ Dirty D Fab dual spare tire carrier incorporated into the bedcage
Old 03-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick!! love the pics and how you recorded all the mods and each one got better and better nice!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Love it man. Lookin great. Seeing all the LT guys is about to push me over the edge.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Looks sick!! love the pics and how you recorded all the mods and each one got better and better nice!
thanks man, it's been a long road and i know i'm not even close to the end of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Love it man. Lookin great. Seeing all the LT guys is about to push me over the edge.
haha, this is one edge thats ok to go over. you'll be happy you did
Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What differences do you notice with your lt kit?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #6

Quote:
What differences do you notice with your lt kit?
it's very different. i dont have my sway bar anymore but it still fells very controled and sharp in corners due to the extra track width. (the truck is 7" wider overall than stock) not to metion the night and day difference in the offroad performance from stock, even my old mid travel set up. it's basically changes everything, in a good way. (except your bank account)

i think i'm gonna have sometime tomorrow to hit up some whoops and dirt trails and really test out the kit. i'll let ya know how it goes...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
it's very different. i dont have my sway bar anymore but it still fells very controled and sharp in corners due to the extra track width. (the truck is 7" wider overall than stock) not to metion the night and day difference in the offroad performance from stock, even my old mid travel set up. it's basically changes everything, in a good way. (except your bank account)

i think i'm gonna have sometime tomorrow to hit up some whoops and dirt trails and really test out the kit. i'll let ya know how it goes...
Ok cool maybe snap some pics while your out. I would love to have that setup. But sadly I still have some debts I need to take care of. lol
Old 03-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha, this is one edge thats ok to go over. you'll be happy you did
With all the troubles I have been having with the axles I am getting ready to say F it and buy it already. I freakin love your truck
Old 03-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #9

GOT TO TEST OUT THE SUSPENSION TODAY. SORRY GUYS, NO ACTION SHOTS BUT I CAN TELL YOU THE KIT HANDLES GREAT AND IT'S A SOFT LANDING AFTER CATCHING A LITTLE AIR...
Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #10

Looks awesome!!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Looks awesome!!
thanks man. check out the pics in my gallery and see what we found while we were back there
Old 03-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
s2studio is on a distinguished road

s2studio's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go man! Love seeing the progression throughout the years...diggin those fenders in the front too!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #13

Quote:
thanks man. check out the pics in my gallery and see what we found while we were back there
Thats crazy! What what is like a old mining operation or what?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #15
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
man i cant stop droolin over this thing.one badass rig dude. What the hell is that place you found guantanamo bay or somethin lol
Old 03-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Thats crazy! What what is like a old mining operation or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
man i cant stop droolin over this thing.one badass rig dude. What the hell is that place you found guantanamo bay or somethin lol
my brother and i decided it's either the ojai branch of al qadea training grounds or a WWI re-enactment battlefield. prob the second one

there's spent shell casings, barbed wire, craters everywhere. the trenches are almost 8 feet deep in places. who ever built this thing spent some serious time and effort on it.

here's a few more

Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #17

That is so awesome man! I bet that was a nice touch to your trip
Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #18

UPDATE:

NEW ICON REAR RESI SHOCKS TO REPLACE MY 5100's. GONNA INSTALL THESE ALONG WITH SOME DAYSTAR EVS BUMPSTOPS UP FRONT AND HOPEFULLY HAVE FRONTLINE FAB START BUILDING ME A BUMPER IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO...

Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #19

Sweet!! Cant wait to see them on
Old 03-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #20
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Rockin truck, dude. That trench setup is whack. Crazy what you can find out in the desert. Maybe it was a movie/tv set?