LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The RAB Build

Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #41
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Love your truck, do you have your billies at 2.5 in the front and the aal in the back?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #42
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Holy hell! That looks awesome, come make me one haha
haha I need a lot of practice before I make one for someone else!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #43
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
Love your truck, do you have your billies at 2.5 in the front and the aal in the back?

yup, but they have sagged a lot, ordering ome 882's in a week or so.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #44

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yep, just a light sand to rough up the chrome.

and here are more pics from today, last night I spend 4 hours on the outside of the truck.
wash claybar and polish!

I went with the 50mm, seems people like it around here so why not.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #45
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
your trucks got a nice stance
Old 10-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #47

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys, front end is getting some 882's friday
Old 10-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #48
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
dang thats like the perfect stance. I wish I could get some wheel spacers or wider wheels and tires so mine stick out a lil like yours.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #49

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting new wheels shortly, and going 285 75 17, I'll give you a screamin deal on the wheel spacers I have.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #50
zxbryantx is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
zxbryantx's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, im curious what the 882's are going to look like..
Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #51
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm getting new wheels shortly, and going 285 75 17, I'll give you a screamin deal on the wheel spacers I have.
Just curious, what size and brand wheel spacer do you have?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #52
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
pm sent about 'em
Old 10-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #53

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
Just curious, what size and brand wheel spacer do you have?
Here's the scoop. when I ordered the wheels, I hadn't done much research, but I knew I wanted my wheels to stick out a bit.I went to my mechanic and ordered these...

they have a 4'' backspacing, which would have been perfect.

Apparently my mechanic is an idiot, and ordered these..

which have a 4.625 backspacing, so they were sitting 1/4 inch closer to the frame than STOCK.

I didn't know any better so I figured I had to deal with it, I then bought a set of 1.5'' wheels spacers from trailgear to compensate.
(FYI the trailgear spacers have been nothing but perfect to me.)

so that puts me at a 3.125'' backspace right now.

where I want to be is 4'' backspacing, so I plan on getting these like a lot of the 2nd gen guys have. they have a 4.5" backspacing, so I will be getting a .5'' wheel spacer/shim. difference being that the shim will be very small, so it wont have new studs to put the wheel on, It will just push the wheel out .5'' to give me the backspacing I want, using the original studs.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #54
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
So you got the billies set at 2.5, and a 1.5" wheels aal in the rear, any problems? did you do the diff drop? I'm looking at the exact same setup for my double cab and I haven't settled on the right coils for the front.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #55

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
no problems! If i were you I'd get some ome's or eibach's and set the billies at 0. old stock coils are saggy!

I'm waiting on 882's from my local dealer
Old 10-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #56
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
no problems! If i were you I'd get some ome's or eibach's and set the billies at 0. old stock coils are saggy!

I'm waiting on 882's from my local dealer
Well the billies are ordered and shipped!
What if i got new stock coils? I don't really want to lift the front anyways.

Did you get the 1.5" wheelers single aal?

Also, where are you buying locally?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #57

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yes i did get the single AAL from wheelers.
if your not looking for lift then just stick with the coils that are on there.

There is a place called baja north in Kamloops. bajanorth,com i think.
He has ome and eibach's, and could prob get bilstein too. and VERY good pricing for canadian stuff
Old 10-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #58
Resident MMA Fanatic

Edit: Ordered some gear from Baja North, thanks for the heads up! No shipping cost, better item.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #59
TacoMan709 will become famous soon enough

TacoMan709's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where I want to be is 4'' backspacing, so I plan on getting these like a lot of the 2nd gen guys have. they have a 4.5" backspacing, so I will be getting a .5'' wheel spacer/shim. difference being that the shim will be very small, so it wont have new studs to put the wheel on, It will just push the wheel out .5'' to give me the backspacing I want, using the original studs.
LOVE your build man. Sick Taco. And congrats on living in Kamloops - get yourself a shred stick! (snowboard)

Just a heads up on the .5" wheel spacer/shim. I recently tried using a .25" spacer/shim with my stock lugs on my 2003 Taco 4x4, and even then there wasn't enough thread for my lug nuts to grab onto. I imagine you might have more of a problem than I did with .5" spacers.

Fortunately I called out the dealer for ordering rims that "didn't fit" and they ordered some wheel "adapters" (like Spidertrax) for free! So I get to mount my Pro Comp Rock Crawlers AND widen my stance a little. Decent!

But enough about me, this is your thread.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #60

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMan709 View Post
LOVE your build man. Sick Taco. And congrats on living in Kelowna - get yourself a shred stick! (snowboard)

Just a heads up on the .5" wheel spacer/shim. I recently tried using a .25" spacer/shim with my stock lugs on my 2003 Taco 4x4, and even then there wasn't enough thread for my lug nuts to grab onto. I imagine you might have more of a problem than I did with .5" spacers.

Fortunately I called out the dealer for ordering rims that "didn't fit" and they ordered some wheel "adapters" (like Spidertrax) for free! So I get to mount my Pro Comp Rock Crawlers AND widen my stance a little. Decent!

But enough about me, this is your thread.

Yes... Kelowna! I snowboard lots!

lol nice, well thats good to know.

I am here to update on my wheel situation.
I got a Puppy the other day, so wheels are on hold, i decided to paint my wheels for now, and now that I have. I looove them!

285's will be here when the snow starts to fly!

for comparison...

Products Discussed in this Thread