Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The RAB Build

Old 03-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
The RAB Build

As of Oct 4 2010

Vehicle
2001 Toyota Tacoma Limited
3.4L V6
TRD
Lunar Mist Metallic

suspension
Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5'' front and back with stock coils (being replaced with eibach's asap)
Wheelers single leaf 1.5'' AAL

wheels and tires
First upgrade was to 267/75R16 BFG A/T ko
Currently on 265/75R16 Goodyear wrangler Duratrac

Wheels are eagle alloy 137 in black with chrome street lock
I removed the bolts from the street lock and painted it black.
4.625'' backspacing

Trail gear 1.5'' wheel spacers

Interior and unseen mods

Tom Tom gps, mounted in one of the 2 12v accessory hole's.
alpine single din Ipod HU
Kenwood excelon speakers
Dog platform in the back

Grey wire mod
Deckplate mod and elbow mod
AFE filter on the way
rear breather relocated to gas filler location

Exterior

Custom front hybrid plate/tube bumper in the works.
chrome Grill surround lightly sanded to look like brushed aluminum
Leer Topper
clear corners
Grillcraft MX black grille
lightly tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light

here are a few stock pics to get things started..

fairly new to me at this point, tucking the mirrors to make it through the tree's

just on a little climb, and lost the mudflaps.

somewhere along the way I hit a stump while night wheeling, and broke the bottom valence off the bumper.
with no money for a steel bumper, I decided to just take it off, and add some lights to the cross member.

you can see here that I also got a set of Eagle Alloy 137 series in black with a chrome streetlock, the guy ordered them with the wrong backspacing, I didn't know at the time, so I bought a set of wheel spacers to kick the tires out a bit. I also went with a set of 265/75/R16 BFG A/T tires.

Chrome mirrors came with the limited, these had to go! traded with a member from CT

black!

I sanded down the chrome grille surround for a brushed aluminum look.

Tinted the tails and third
Before

After

The Limited also comes with chrome door handles, traded those for black too.
I'll take this time to mention the orange fender liner is a piece of crazy carpet, I cut too much of the fender liner out when trying to fit the bigger tires, so I replaced it with that temporarily.

Black door handles

I used the truck to haul some dirt to fix my front lawn.
here's the GF doing all the work

I borrowed a friends shell for a weekend of camping, I really liked it, and now have my own, pics of that to come.

putting the stock suspension to work.

Interior
I had a rockford amp and a kicker L5 in my car, powered by an alpine Ipod integrated HU, I transfered all of it over to my truck.
I also had a CB for a bit, but I took it out because it was a pain.
this was my old cheap gps.
the RV level you can see worked as an inclinometer, it's gone now too.
when I got my sirius I did some work to the casing and got a nice mount out of it, I plan to find a way to have it facing upwards a bit more than it is now.

I recently added a maglite and mounted it up front.

I also picked up a fire extinguisher, and mounted it to my sub box

(no comments on the ghetto sub bungee please )

Suspension!
my poor truck was feeling small, so naturally, I contacted wheelers for some help. this is what we got!

Adjustable 5100's up front
5100's and a wheelers single leaf AAL for the rear
complimented by some new steering rack bushings.

standing nice and proud after the lift!

like I said, I really liked the shell, so I picked up my own.

Off to Texas! I'll be sleeping in the back of my truck on the way there, so I made a sleeping platform.

here is a build page of the sleeper http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-platform.html

Future plans include:
Sliders will be my next addition
Front plate bumper with winch
a steel rear bumper when I wreck mine
and I'll be adding some beefed tow hooks to the hitch, more on that to come.

To be continued...
Old 03-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
Your a chick???
Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!

You need to let me know when your driving through.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
Your a chick???
hahaha! no that's the gf, I'll edit that haha
Old 03-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroggy View Post
Nice!!

You need to let me know when your driving through.
I'll be in Bozeman on the night of the 28th!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck you got there
Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #7

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #9

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Nice rig. Is that 2 different tires or are my eyes playing tricks?
haha same tires, just one side filled with sand
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #11

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
What I thought at first. I ended up with a camper topper also. Looks good, like you sleeping arrangements.
thanks, we'll see how it works on the weekend!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
Suspension!
my poor truck was feeling small, so naturally, I contacted wheelers for some help. this is what we got!

Adjustable 5100's up front
5100's and a wheelers single leaf AAL for the rear
complimented by some new steering rack bushings
How do you like the ride after the install of the new shocks? I'm shopping around right now (shocks and leafsprings). Just having trouble shelling out the money for everything, got to make sure its worth it! My trucks always rode rough, but I'm sick of it and want a smoother ride.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #13

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well, it stiffened up the ride, but they are very nice on washboard roads, and offroad. I really like the way it handles now though.
BUT I am thinking of picking up a set of ome 882's, the stock coils have sagged and teh front doesn't sit as high as i'd like. and I'll be adding a bumper/winch hopefully sooner than later!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the brush grill idea it looks really good! Nice rig!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
yo quero taco's?
sb_mech22 will become famous soon enough
sb_mech22's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man. great little build page.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
love the truck those rims go great with it
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #17

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words guys
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
lp00427 is on a distinguished road
Name: Louis
lp00427's Tacoma Gallery
truthfully one of my favorite trucks on here! great build! I wish i had the money for a shell!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Love it. What size tires are you running with the lift..?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I never noticed the brushed grill before, I really like it!