Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

1999 Tacoma "build"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #21
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Im currently using these wheels
http://www.truckmod.com/directpart.a...tnumber=428880

They are 15x8 and my tire size is 32. They are Bfg A/t and needless to say Im very impressed with them. They drive like a road tire and in mud they hold their own. When you are on sand or snow they really stand above any other tire Ive used.

Im running around 1.75 to 2 inch wheel spacers. Im not sure of the exact width and the guy I got them from said he thought 2 inches but wasnt sure. They really helped in bringing the tires out good and I think its one of my favorite things about the truck other than the wheels and tires.

I do still have the wheels were mounted on the truck. I also have the first factory set of wheels and tires that I will be selling soon. I may keep the m/t wheels as spares Im not sure at this point.

Thanks everyone!
Well if ya ever want to get rid of the m/t wheels i might be willing to buy for the right price.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Well if ya ever want to get rid of the m/t wheels i might be willing to buy for the right price.
Thats a big ten four.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I figured Id throw up a picture of my other toy. . .

Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #26
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
Love this truck...always have
Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job/nice truck
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #28
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Hey thanks yall! Im sorry for not answering the questions and stuff I just got back from a two week trip. I put 1500 miles on the truck in the first week, thank baby Jesus I have a 4 banger. haha

I promise one day I dont work Ill check the backspacing for you man.

Ive done a few new changes I will get some more pictures up soon =)

Thanks again everyone!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #29
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
no hurry haha, just wondering cuz i've def decided on getting wheels like urs. prob gonna go with a 15x8 with 3.75 BS, so it'll stick out 1.75 inches more than my stock alloys which should look sick
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #30
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
no hurry haha, just wondering cuz i've def decided on getting wheels like urs. prob gonna go with a 15x8 with 3.75 BS, so it'll stick out 1.75 inches more than my stock alloys which should look sick

Yeah that would look great! Go with M/t's, thats the one regret I have. I need A/ts for now because of the rediculous amount of miles Im having to drive monthly but once I move to Nc Im switching out for M/ts if I keep the truck. I just think they look and sound alot better and make the truck more aggresive looking.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #31
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Three pictures from my trip to Nc, Ga and Tn

The angle on the parking space makes the trucks front height look a little funny in the photo But I did get a new front tag while I was there!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #32
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

I like those headlights. I just picked up the same ones. I need to adjust them though. Your truck looks awesome man.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #33
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Nice!

I like those headlights. I just picked up the same ones. I need to adjust them though. Your truck looks awesome man.
Hey thanks, and yeah the headlights surprised me on how good the quality was. Most import eBay truck parts are pos! Be sure to let me know when you get yours so I can see them. I also believe thats your truck on the top of the site? Congrats on that dude.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #34
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey thanks, and yeah the headlights surprised me on how good the quality was. Most import eBay truck parts are pos! Be sure to let me know when you get yours so I can see them. I also believe thats your truck on the top of the site? Congrats on that dude.
I bought mine from a guy on here for a smoking deal. He included the clear corners too. And yes that is my truck up top, thanks This weekend is when I'll most likely adjust them. They need to be badly haha Don't have many pics of them. I will get more this weekend.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that would look great! Go with M/t's, thats the one regret I have. I need A/ts for now because of the rediculous amount of miles Im having to drive monthly but once I move to Nc Im switching out for M/ts if I keep the truck. I just think they look and sound alot better and make the truck more aggresive looking.
i agree the Mt's do look a lot sweeter but i do a shit ton of driving and not much off roading so the benefits of the gas mileage really out weigh the looks and off road capabilities. prob just gonna go with the bfg at's like u have on since they are only 150 bucks a tire for the 32x11.5's
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Those headlights are sexy Cmack! lol

And yeah dont get me wrong the A/ts have done amazing offroad and have never let me down, I just love the mudder look.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #37
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Right back at ya! And I just forget and don't feel like searching, but how do you adjust them? I know you go on level ground and park about 25 ft away from a wall with lights on. But what do I do to actually adjust em? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #38
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Honestly, I couldnt figure it out so I let a good friend of mine with an auto shop do it when we installed them. I dont think they were even off that much though. I would ask one of our more intelligent members haha Sorry I cant be of more help
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #39
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm possibly going to go do it tomorrow night with chris4x4. It'll just be easier to get it done ha.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #40
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great man. i have a tan tacoma and i dont want any chrome on it. im gonna black it all out. just takes a little time and money

Products Discussed in this Thread