Notices

1999 Tacoma "build"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #41
Backslash is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Backslash's Tacoma Gallery
As far as aiming headlights:

1. Start just far enough back from a wall to have room to walk in front of truck
2. Turn on lights
3. Tape a T shape in the center of each headlight's circle of light
4. Back up to 25 feet on the same flat surface
5. Adjust headlights so that they are slightly lower and to the right of the Ts
6. Voila! (That's frenchy for all done)
Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #42
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backslash View Post
As far as aiming headlights:

1. Start just far enough back from a wall to have room to walk in front of truck
2. Turn on lights
3. Tape a T shape in the center of each headlight's circle of light
4. Back up to 25 feet on the same flat surface
5. Adjust headlights so that they are slightly lower and to the right of the Ts
6. Voila! (That's frenchy for all done)
I know that, but I meant physically adjusting the back of the headlights. I know there are bolts, but where and how?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #43
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000yota View Post
Looks Great man. i have a tan tacoma and i dont want any chrome on it. im gonna black it all out. just takes a little time and money
And spray paint and an some creativity haha.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #44
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
this is probably my favorite build thread i love the way that truck looks. it shows me somethin like what mine could look like but i got into a fender bender a while back and i need a new front bumper where did you get that one you have
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #45
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000yota View Post
Looks Great man. i have a tan tacoma and i dont want any chrome on it. im gonna black it all out. just takes a little time and money
pretty much what i did with mine, lots of spray paint lol
Old 05-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #46
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
awesome front end
looks very sweet!
good job VA
Old 05-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #47
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey thanks jonny, I will trade trucks with you if you want too! haha

And I got the bumper thru a wholesale place at work. Im not sure what the company to be honest, the only reason I could get it is because we get parts from them alot. I would try on ebay or somewhere you may be able to find one.

I appreciate it everyone, I hope I can get some new changes in the near future.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #48
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
haha lets do it! jk
i love my cousin's 2000 trd 4x4 extra cab. thing is a beast in stock form
keep up the good work man. you have the best looking front end, for that body style/headlights
Old 05-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #49
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
haha lets do it! jk
i love my cousin's 2000 trd 4x4 extra cab. thing is a beast in stock form
keep up the good work man. you have the best looking front end, for that body style/headlights
lol thankyou! I want to eventually switch to the 2003 front end if I ever decide to repaint it. Of course I want the lift and go up to 35's before that, but I also NEED a crew cab soon so I dont know. I guess for now Ill just drive it. . lol
Old 05-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #50
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I decided to make this afternoon truck day and do a few things to her.

I saw a white long travel first gen on here with the same style headlights as mine but newer and they had smoked their corner lights out. I loved the look and decided to do the same to mine. I wants sure at first if it would look good or not, but I now am defiantly glad I did. It looks so much better to me.

I hated how when the sun hit the corners it would make this clear white looking color that looked like complete shit

They werent as bad when they werent in the sun but I thought it took away from the all black look I was going for.

Well not for long! lol

I let it dry and bam, I have nice black corners. I left my parking lights on so you can see how the bulb is still visible even when its really bright out.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #51
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Have you thought of tinting your tails to give them a little bit of a darker look? Since you are going for the blacked out look.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #52
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Yeah I did tint them lightly, I was going to do my tails today darker but I was exhausted from work this morning before I even started on the truck. But I believe it will be coming soon.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #53
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, now give me your front bumper!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #54
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sick! But you should tint the orange markers for the murder out look.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #55
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
Truck looks sick! But you should tint the orange markers for the murder out look.
Yeah, something eles I need to get too soon haha I just quit for the day but I plan to do those and my tails and my 3rd brake light probably on monday.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #56
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck. grill and trim peices came out nice
Old 05-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #57
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I decided to wash and wax my truck today, it was very nice weather so I went ahead and tinted my 3rd brake light and fixed the seal on my after market taillights, lightly tinted them and slapped em back on. I just randomly was like hell, Ill park on the side of the road and take some pictures. . . lol

I parked down in the shade and took a few more, the glare was right bad in the first few.

I also took some videos driving, I will make a new Youtube account soon and post those up. Thanks guys.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #58
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I did a little something eles today.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #59
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Man, the black on black on black on black... looks so f'in sick.

I've always want to paint the chrome trim around my grille and accents on my front bumper but have no idea if it'll look good on the sunfire red pearl. I'm thinking the contrast might be too much.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #60
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Man, the black on black on black on black... looks so f'in sick.

I've always want to paint the chrome trim around my grille and accents on my front bumper but have no idea if it'll look good on the sunfire red pearl. I'm thinking the contrast might be too much.
Post a picture of your truck up in the Photoshop section and let someone let you see what it would look like. And thanks for the compliment!

The trick is with painting trim pieces is paint them all at the same time, and paint the entire bumper not just the accent pieces. It was to look matched and even or it will look horrible, I learned the hard way.

Products Discussed in this Thread