Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Steve o 77's Build/Pics

Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #181
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #182
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I miss life out west. My poor truck hasn't seen dirt AT ALL since I moved out here. Makes me want to just buy another car and make it crazy.

It doesn't help that I work with a bunch of chassis engineers that all own sports cars. I'm the only one with a truck
Old 08-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #184
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
At least now that your outa school and earning the big bucks you have some options. Welcome to the real world.

Think about all of these poor SOBs that are starting a new semester of classes tomorrow. Aren't you glad that is behind you.
And think of the old sonovabitches that are one day closer to going senile
Old 08-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #186
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
At least now that your outa school and earning the big bucks you have some options. Welcome to the real world.

Think about all of these poor SOBs that are starting a new semester of classes tomorrow. Aren't you glad that is behind you.
such a great feeling. It's nice having weekends to do stuff instead of worrying about tests and homework.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #187
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Hey steve o - I noticed in the 255/85 owner's group thread that you had 255/85's, and then switched back to 265/75's. Getting new tires soon and trying to decided between 235/85 or 265/75 or 255/85 (r16). Any comments on mpg / power etc?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #188
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Hey steve o - I noticed in the 255/85 owner's group thread that you had 255/85's, and then switched back to 265/75's. Getting new tires soon and trying to decided between 235/85 or 265/75 or 255/85 (r16). Any comments on mpg / power etc?
I lost 3 or 4 MPG around town and maybe 2 on the highway with the 255's. Power was definitely down but not terrible. I have 4.10 gears and a 5 speed.

They looked and performed awesome but just weren't practical at the time because I was commuting 200 miles a week on a college kid budget.

Ben (m3bassman) is running the 235's if you want to get in touch with him. He claims similar MPG to stock.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #189
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice ride! I was curious if you have any pics of your cv boots/angles with the 5100/OME 881 set up? Do you have any issues with the boots with this setup? I'm running the 5100/Eibach coil setup and the Eibachs are giving me more front lift than I care for, therefore I've been contemplating swapping them out for 881's.
Any advice is greatly appreciated and your ride is definitely an inspiration!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #190
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian05 View Post
Very nice ride! I was curious if you have any pics of your cv boots/angles with the 5100/OME 881 set up? Do you have any issues with the boots with this setup? I'm running the 5100/Eibach coil setup and the Eibachs are giving me more front lift than I care for, therefore I've been contemplating swapping them out for 881's.
Any advice is greatly appreciated and your ride is definitely an inspiration!
Thanks!

I got about 20k out of my OEM CV axles after the lift (185k on them total) before the boot on the driver's side tore. Now the other side is starting to go at 196k. No pics though, sorry. It's snowing outside.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #191
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Thanks!

I got about 20k out of my OEM CV axles after the lift (185k on them total) before the boot on the driver's side tore. Now the other side is starting to go at 196k. No pics though, sorry. It's snowing outside.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if the cv boot fins (specifically the inners) are constantly rubbing, as in the lift is causing the boots to tear? Also, are you running the top 10mm spacer or just struts and coils? Thanks again- I'm just trying to make sure I do all my research before making another lift purchase...