Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Steve o 77's Build/Pics

Old 05-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #21
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Love your truck/build so far.

Glad you painted the center caps black to match.

Will also be stealing your herculiner on the rear bumper step
Old 05-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #22
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Love your truck/build so far.

Glad you painted the center caps black to match.

Will also be stealing your herculiner on the rear bumper step
lol, thanks. Actually, the caps are not on in those last pics, but I will be painting them black to match.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #23
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Okay, well I went over to my friends house today to install all of the suspension and it went fairly well. Got the drivers side tire off fine then moved to the passenger and one of the lug nuts had been cross threaded on at the tire store so the stud broke off. No biggie, just went down to autozone and picked up a new stud and some lug nuts. Then we got the front completely done with the help of some really heavy duty spring compressors rented from autozone.

Moved to the rear and got one side of the axle undone from the leaf pack. Then I went to remove the bolt in the shackle but it would not budge. I had heard of this happening but me being retarded decided not to order the new eye bolts. So I ended up putting the rear back together and installing the new shocks for now so I could at least get home. Im going to either get the bolts at the dealer tomorrow or order them from Dan at Wheelers, which ever is cheaper/more convenient. Overall a good day and maybe I can get this install done sometime this week.

And the pics:

Do you see it? lol

Luckily the nectar of the Gods helped remove the stud.

Working on the drivers side.

Does this look right? A bit less threads showing on the new strut but its tight.

Drivers side done (note, its still jacked up in the air so the CV joint looks terrible).

Stupid stuck bolt.

Try not to laugh at my exhaust install fail, it was my first time lol.

Back on the ground

How she sits today. A bit of bro lean so I need to keep the doors locked to keep the bros from getting in.

Just from the drive home, the ride is incredible compared to before. I can fly down my road now with comfort where before it was bouncing me all over the place and rattling the truck apart.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome! good job
Old 05-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #25
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
looks awesome! good job
lol, thanks. Im still a bit mad at myself for not getting the new eye bolts. Its a good thing I enjoy working on my truck!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #26
braaap

Okay, so I feel kinda stupid now that I know the bolt is connected to the shackle meaning both bolts have to come out at the same time. This is good since I should have the install done tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #27
braaap

Rear is done! Here are some pics:
Just starting, shocks off

This main eye bolt gave me a bit of trouble but we were able to press it out with some channel locks.

Old springs

On the ground

Back home.

The ride is great and I really like the look.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #28
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
looks dope man. time to paint the plastic fenders
Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #29
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
are the rear 5100's supposed to be boot down? If so i have mine upside down. i hope i didnt hurt them or anything. I just put them on the same way the old ones were.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #30
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great, dude. Did you wind up having to replace any fasteners or did you reuse them all?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #31
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
looks dope man. time to paint the plastic fenders
Thanks, thats definitely on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
are the rear 5100's supposed to be boot down? If so i have mine upside down. i hope i didnt hurt them or anything. I just put them on the same way the old ones were.
You are fine mounting them that way, I just thought they might be better this way since if water gets in the boots, it won't sit on the seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
Looking great, dude. Did you wind up having to replace any fasteners or did you reuse them all?
All the bolts were re used. Im going to re torque everything in a few days just to make sure everything is all right.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #32
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job man, looks good. Did you set your 5100s at 0" in the front? and what kind of coils did you put on?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #34
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99tacosupreme View Post
Nice job man, looks good. Did you set your 5100s at 0" in the front? and what kind of coils did you put on?
Thank you, they are set at 0 and Im using OME 881 front springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Very Nice. In my opinion, doing a lift on one's Tacoma is much like the way it is in everyday living. In the process you get some obstacles thrown in your path and you have to figure out how to overcome them. The shackle is an example. Good job on figuring it all out.
Thanks, I really felt like an idiot after having to put everything back together to drive it home when all I had to do was remove the top nut. Oh well, you have to learn somehow.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #35
braaap

Well, I debadged her yesterday and I love the look. Will get some pics soon.

But today I went on the freeway for the first time on the new suspension and I have some driveline vibes. Looks like I need to make some carrier bearing spacers to hopefully get rid of the problem.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #36
pairodice is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
pairodice's Tacoma Gallery
looking good bro dig the all black wheels i know what you mean by it ridin so much better when i put ome springs all around w/ 5100s it rides so much smoother than stock on the road and offroad im not hittin the bumpstops going down a dirt road anymore
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #37
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairodice View Post
looking good bro dig the all black wheels i know what you mean by it ridin so much better when i put ome springs all around w/ 5100s it rides so much smoother than stock on the road and offroad im not hittin the bumpstops going down a dirt road anymore
thanks man

Here are some pics of the truck debadged.

I also decided to polish up the headlights and wax them. I think they look pretty good.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #38
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Dang that is a transformation. I really like the new look. I am looking at those OME coils but I really like my look at my Bilstein's set at 2.5".

Truck looks great!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #39
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Dang that is a transformation. I really like the new look. I am looking at those OME coils but I really like my look at my Bilstein's set at 2.5".

Truck looks great!
Thanks, Im loving the OME coils, the ride is so much improved over stock on rough roads.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #40
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, you might want to adjust that rear brake proportioning valve if you haven't already