Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

bkirkner78 build

Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #22
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
What did you use to paint the rims? I might have to get that look
Old 09-16-2010, 02:03 AM   #23
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
What did you use to paint the rims? I might have to get that look
Just some regular flat black primer
Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What did you do to prep the wheels? any sanding or cleaning? did you have the tires off the wheel or did you just tape off? I'm sorry i'm a noob when it comes to anything truck. Could you type up a quick how to with tips and whatnot?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #25
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What did you do to prep the wheels? any sanding or cleaning? did you have the tires off the wheel or did you just tape off? I'm sorry i'm a noob when it comes to anything truck. Could you type up a quick how to with tips and whatnot?
Ill have to do it when i get to my laptop. I did it on the rimm before i bought new tires,but there is another way to do it with the tire still on the rim
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Looks better in person
What does. Your truck
Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Hopefully skrimps!!
Them too. Im fukin pissed at the moment goddam cable n interwebz is down for the second day
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #28
Resident MMA Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
Ill have to do it when i get to my laptop. I did it on the rimm before i bought new tires,but there is another way to do it with the tire still on the rim

???
Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #29

Quote:
???
i sprayed the rims with a degreaser / cleaner and scrubbed the hell out of them. i dried them off and scuffed them up with sandpaper ( i think it was 120 grit ) and washed them again . i spray painted them with flat black primer while the old tires were on the rims , you could use a deck of cards to protect the tires while you paint them
Old 09-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #31

No problem
Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #32

doing a rough in for a satoshi
Old 09-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #33
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
Very nice truck.
Thanks man. I try to keep it nice
Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #35
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me want to get a first gen for my next truck.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #36
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
whats up man. really nice truck! mine is almost the same so i was wonderin if you were gona try to put 285/75/16 duratracks up there? thats what i want and i dont know if theyll fit. also have you ever heard of getting the fenders sprayed with line-x? im getting my bed done and like the black on red look.

bkirkner78 build-100_0637.jpg
Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04taco2wd View Post
whats up man. really nice truck! mine is almost the same so i was wonderin if you were gona try to put 285/75/16 duratracks up there? thats what i want and i dont know if theyll fit. also have you ever heard of getting the fenders sprayed with line-x? im getting my bed done and like the black on red look.

Attachment 74299
Eventually im going to go up to 17 inch wheels with the 285 tire. I haven't heard bout the line-xd fenders yet.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #38

still workin the grill. temp mock up for now
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #40
Quick_1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Quick_1911's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build man! Keep it up